Return Home
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:58 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: MBT / Orch OR
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:06 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I've read the MBT Trilogy, and have started exposing myself to a couple Hameroff videos.
I was wondering if anyone could compare / contrast the two hypotheses, and perhaps comment if they are ultimately compatible??

TIA.

Post subject: Re: MBT / Orch OR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello GI,

I am new here and recently finished the Trilogy too. I was in the stages of developing my own theory of the multiverse when I happened upon MBT. Hameroff believes proponents of the multiverse are "silly" (see The blog article by him on 12/6/2017). I choose to remain open minded and skeptical. Respectfully, John

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:01 pm 
Curator
Curator

The key difference to look for is to see if this 'multiverse' is a theory of how this VR of PMR, or perhaps all PMR type VRs, are created. If the reality 'from which' they are created, where the big computer and its 'operator/management' resides is not also described, then its comparison fails with MBT.

MBT describes the reality where we exist when we incarnate, PMR as we call it, and also reality where we exist continuously as well which we call NPMR. Tom Campbell then further extends his Model of Reality to explain where these two types of VRs are created and how. And going still further back into the nature of Reality, how The One Consciousness, the LCS, developed from the Void as the home of The Big Computer which produces all of the subordinate VRs.

Any model of how the VRs of the type where we incarnate, PMRs as we call them, are explained whether as a multiverse or a fractal universe or what ever the concept of physics by which they explain this VR and does not go still deeper to explain how the VR in which we live in originated from nothing, it is deficient compared to MBT. Go to Tom Campbell's Wiki to read his Model of all of Reality. https://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php?t ... _Link_Page

Ted

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dr. Hamoroff's article is entitled: Darwin v Deepak: What came first feelings or the brain? He goes on to quote Deepak: "Consciousness drives evolution". He concurs with that position and suggests that consciousness arises from "quantum vibrations .... inside the brains neurons", and ultimately connects to a " 'deeper order ' " in space time geometry. He states: " Consciousness is an intrinsic feature of reality."

I am reluctant to attach the article due to my newbie status. The use of the word "silly" causes my intuition to "raise the red flag".

Respectfully, John

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:19 am 
Curator
Curator

This model which you are discussing then is still based upon physicality within this reality, stating that consciousness arises from quantum effects within the brain. MBT rather explains how both Consciousness arose from the Void and how this VR arose from Consciousness and is produced by Consciousness. So these ideas attributed to Deepak Chopra and Hammorof are very much behind MBT in terms of what the can explain and how they explain it. MBT further explains how quantum effects arise from the nature of this PMR VR and explains QM in general as well as relativity effects. Let me know if you need references to source information.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I understand it and agree. Thank you.