Return Home
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:36 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am trying to raise enough money through a Kickstart campaign (crowd funding) to fund the Quantum Mechanics experiments I presented in a talk in LA California in October of 2016 (Video of that talk is on YouTube: MBT-LA 2016). I have put together a 501c3 non-profit corp (Center For the Unification Of Science and Consciousness) to receive and distribute the funding. By Kickstarter rules, This campaign can only last one month (5/14/2018 to 6/14/2018) and must meet its goal of $150,000 by then or all donations will automatically be returned. If you can, take a look at our Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/si ... al-reality . Please help us fund these experiments, as well as (if we raise enough money) produce a documentary about the process of doing the experiments...and get the Center For the Unification Of Science and Consciousness stood up and functioning -- one day it will become a research and resource enter for all things MBT.

Thanks,

Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations to MBT. This is exciting.
To those who are financially limited: If you want to help, then you can spread the word about these quantum mechanics experiments. Doing so makes a true difference. If you are someone who participates in any of the many virtual reality (or spirituality) forums on the web, then they will be interested in knowing about this. Science-interested family members and friends will probably find these experiments engaging as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hello Tom,

You might be aware of Reddit, a huge community website. Well your kickstarter program has been posted there recently, on a few different subreddits. On subreddits pertaining to Quantun Mechanics and physics your program has been pretty strongly refuted by a user named FinalCent. Now i my knowledge of quantum mechanics is not high enough to exactly comprehend what this user is saying in detail and to make a case against his counter-argument of your planned experiment. So i thought posting this here so you and other more knowledgable members of this forum could go check out this user's profile and arguments against you and your program. I'm hoping to see some clarification about the issue this user is raising either on this board or on Reddit.

I apologize if i am overstepping here but Reddit being a huge plateform for the spreading of information, these posts and arguments against it, without proper debating and clarification from the MBT camp, serve (in my view) only as a handicap to the MBT agenda. I thought you guys might want to now.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 am 
Curator
Curator

Tom will not see this post for some time until someone brings it to his attention. But then this is really something which you can do for Tom yourself. If you will go to the second locked forum referring to Tom Campbell's world, you will ind the link to the paper that he and 3 other physicists wrote explaining and proposing these experiments. If you follow this link you will see that this paper was published by the International Journal of Quantum Foundations. This is what is known as a juried publication. That means that they have a board of reviewers who know this field and who have reviewed and passed this paper as meeting standards of physicists for quality of the work. You don't have to know physics yourself to respond to these Trolls. Just post the link and point out that this is a reviewed, juried and well recognized Journal of quantum physics and that if he wants to, he can contact the authors or the publisher and argue facts with them. Until then, he is just a Troll.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

fairepupisurlemonde
Can you place the Reddit link you are talking about?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 am 
Normal User
Normal User

@dinah: I think they mean this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/AWLIAS/comment ... _test_the/

I was so free to answer FinalCent on my own and asked them to come to this specific thread to discuss how to relay the information to Tom. Now we'll see pretty soon if they are for real or just a troll but I wanted to help getting such information to the right place before some of the money from the campain is spend on something already "tested" by multiple accounts, like FinalCent mentioned.

We're all seeking the truth so we should use all resources we have to do so even if it means to cooperate with people which seem un-cooperateable ;)

Cheers~

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Many thanks, NexorProject

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is this comment made by a PeterPan on Tom´s experiment which seems to me serious:

"In fact, if I understand it correctly, this is something that Campbell et al. mean to test in their experiments. They wish to arrange the spatial characteristics of the slits and their distance from a detector (D0) that can be scanned along its x axis by a step motor, in a way that minimizes the overlap between the system's photon x position if it behaves as a particle (decoherent) or a wave (coherent). In this way, the moment the measurement is made at D0 it will come with a statistical inference about whether it is associated to a coherent or decoherent photon. This information will be recorded before the decision on whether to keep or destroy WW data stored at the environment photon is made. This means that we have both a measurement and a highly probable label before the decision moment. In this way, we could say that it is possible to make significant inferences about the posterior decisions of a QRNG. Now, I do not know if this is technically feasible, but I understand that if it is, and if the results are according to Campbell's prediction (QRNG decisions are found to correlate with labels acquired before the decisions are made), it will be a remarkable finding that would point towards the act of acquiring information as fundamental (i.e, determining posterior material observations in a causally disconnected manner).

Personally, I do not think that this will work in this way. Since the labels at D0 are assigned while the WW information is still available (not destroyed yet), they will always indicate decoherent behavior (no interference). This result, however would be even more remarkable because it would also indicate that the mere act of arranging the experimental set-up in a way that allows the labeling of system photons based on their x axis location prior to QRNG decisions, totally changes the result (always no interference)! This again, points to acquiring information as being fundamental. So, in a nutshell, I think that there might be some value in the experiments proposed by Campbell if they manage to pull them of.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:48 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Whether people label somebody as a troll or not is not relevant to find truth.
Appeal to authority is a well-known logical fallacy.
You find truth by examining the content, researching on the content.

"Condemnation without examination is the height of ignorance." ~Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How about everybody just gives some money to Tom's Kickstarter before the time runs out and let the experiments speak for themselves.

We all like to view Tom as infallible but he has said he is prone to error like anyone. Haha I caught him giving his wrong age once in an interview, and that's what he told me. That he is prone to error.

Nothing is perfect. All are in the process of becoming.
Give the man a break he operates in like 7 realities simultaneously lol. Tell your little Reddit genius THAT.

As far as the experiments go, Tom loves to say THE TRUTH IS NOT FRAGILE! IT CAN HANDLE WHATEVER!

So really if you BELIEVE Tom is incorrect, well, help FUND IT ANYWAY and then the world can see he was wrong.

I myself am deeply and hopelessly in debt and I am still throwing 300 credit card dollars at the Kickstarter, cuz that's how much MBT has meant to me.

How much will YOU donate?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:53 am 
Normal User
Normal User

@dinah: you're welcome

After I had some fun a few days on reddit discussing the issues they had with Tom's experiments I want to share some insights I could gather. First of I don't think they really have a point. Their main issue was that they think Tom got his QM wrong and because of that the experiments would be doomed to fail but as I do see it they just don't acknowlegde the fact that out there are a lot of experiments and scientist who support Tom's stance which are just denied by the science community because they contradict a objective materialistic reality or aren't made by highly acknowledge scientists in the field. Which, obviously could never happen because this topic is still ridiculed by most of the QM science community. So no "highly acknowledge scientist" would "risk" their reputation by doing such experiments or collaborations.

None the less the discussion showed me how much Tom's results could be ignored and even ridiculed even if his experiments go the way he predicted them to go. Just because most of the QM scientist community couldn't arrange it with their current understanding of reality. This seems like a problem.

But funny enough they even provided their own hints for a solution in this disput which I find really nice of them. So I wanted to share some of their opinions about this and would like to ask what the best way would be to let this information get to Tom and his team?

1. They feel ignored from Tom for not discussing the issue that "he is wrong about QM". So I think it would be a great idea if Tom could read into their issues (some of the comments are already on KS but I think they're more readable on reddit) and address this. From their point of view he's ignoring the fact that he's wrong about the foundations of QM but as I understand it it is the reason why he's doing the experiments in the first place, to prove that the common theory on QM is incomplete/ "wrong".

2. The user gosoprano (on reddit) brought up the idea to stream the whole experiments. I know that Tom and his team wants to document everything anyway but I have to say that an additional uncut live video feed would be a great possibility to silence everyone who's trying to convince people that he's playing unfair. The streams wouldn't need any commentary or live interaction with the community, it would just be some goodie for the MBT geeks and a good option for skeptics to acknowledge the experiments. If his team can work relaxed under such circumstances and a suitable platform can be found, then I think this would be valueable for the whole process (because scientist could also give some advice outside of the working hours of the experiments if they're having some issues with the setup).

Best regards
NexorProject

Post subject: kickstarter website
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 am 

Really excited the Kickstarter campaign is off and running! Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/si ... al-reality

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:07 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

@Nexorproject

Hi.

I don´t think a livestream would change anything and I do not believe it is even possible. Even it is possible: How many people out there are familiar with the double-split equipment? Do you think FinalCent is? He already wrote that Tom will lie about the results anyway. This shows that this man/woman really don´t know anything about Tom and his philosophy. If the results show that Tom is right, he would say the equipment was manipulated before the livestream. Nobody who is not live there will know for sure what happened.
If I show you a livestream of an actually levitating man, would you believe it is not manipulated only because it was livestreamed? No way! PSI Uncertainty Principle ... and of course FinalCent thinks Tom is wrong with his understanding of QM because it is not like most physicists today understand it.

But what I think too is that Tom should answer on at least some of FinalCents technical things he wrote, even if I don´t think it will change anything but it is definitely better than no answer on critics at all. In my opinion the results of the experiments shall give the answers and not the guessings of some internet people even if they seem to be well versed in QM.

Tom did so much for so many people and everybody who knows him personally knows that this man is the exact opposite of a charlatan. If this experiments don´t work out like he thinks, he will make it public and learn from it like he said before. Everybody who had benefits from Tom´s work and knowledge are now in the position to give at least a bit back. And as a bonus if it works you will be part of the ones who started a paradigm shifting event even though it will be recognized from the rest of the world 20 or 30 years ahed. I really can´t imagine anything where your money is better invested in. My opinion. The statement that the kickstarter event is only there to grab the money from the blind believers is absolutely ridiculous.

My opinion on it.

Greetings Tim

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If Tom wouldn´t be honest, he wouldn´t launch an experiment that could disprove his model. Which is a possibility.

He would just keep saying his model is correct and that´s all.

I sent Tom a question to the online meeting with Rhine Institute director, which Vanessa kindly asked him, and frankly, Tom´s answer to my question was extensive and complete. I asked Tom, that if the experiment was successful, would it really prove that his model/theory is correct?
I think that video is important.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Deleted