Return Home
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:41 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:37 am 
Normal User
Normal User

@Bruno Brano:
I thought more of an 24/7 live stream. Like Big brother is watching you. This would left no room for arguments that the setup is manipulated or used wrong. Also I thought Tom has stated in one of his videos that these experiments are hard-science? So no psi uncertainty principle involved? That's the reason I wrote "if his team can work relaxed under such circumstances", if there's any reason such a stream would disrupt the experiments it would be better left out.

@dinah:
I don't believe that Tom would setup experiments knowingly that they would fail. If anything than I do believe in the worst case scenario that he might have missed some literature or made an error which no one has spotted by now. But I think even that this possibility might exist is enough to look into it very carefully before some money is wasted and Tom loses some of his reputation because of it.

@All:
But again I can't judge this things very well. So I'm just trying to help focus in on some issues others were bringing up. If this all is known and well within the calculations of Tom I think a short "the issues brought up on reddit and KS are well within my calculations and the experiments are specially designed to challange these views" or a "oh yeah there might be something to it, I'll look into it again with my colleagues" would be enough to clear this discussion up.

These experiments seem to be thought to clear a lot of stuff up and not to cause more confusion. If there is no insight from official site to issues which seem shared across the science community and then the results go the way they are thought to go but are ignored or even ridiculed, I think this would go the opposite way Tom wants to take this. So to clear up as much of the issues which later could be brought up by scientists to disprove the results of the experiments seems like a must.

I know that there is no way to do this experiments so that all scientist acknowledge the results. But at least it should be looked into on how to make the scientific rejection as small as possible. If there are some people who are "so nice" to share the biggest problems scientist could have with the experiments it seems to be wise to address this issues directly.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:52 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
If anything than I do believe in the worst case scenario that he might have missed some literature or made an error which no one has spotted by now.
He did miss the No Communication Theorem. He should have added in his videos in Youtube that if the success of the recordings control the output being interference or not his predictions violate the No Communication Theorem.

"The no-communication theorem states that, within the context of quantum mechanics, it is not possible to transmit classical bits of information by means of carefully prepared mixed or pure states, whether entangled or not. The theorem disallows all communication, not just faster-than-light communication, by means of shared quantum states.[citation needed] The theorem disallows not only the communication of whole bits, but even fractions of a bit. This is important to take note of, as there are many classical radio communications encoding techniques that can send arbitrarily small fractions of a bit across arbitrarily narrow, noisy communications channels.[citation needed] In particular, one may imagine that there is some ensemble that can be prepared, with small portions of the ensemble communicating a fraction of a bit; this, too, is not possible."

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-communication_theorem

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Minde, do you believe that consciousness is produced by the human brain?

Respectfully,

John

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just subscribe to MBT Global Family in Facebook, and you will always have the video there.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"The theorem is built on the basic presumption that the laws of quantum mechanics hold. Similar theorems may or may not hold for other related theories,[1] such as hidden variable theories. The no-communication theorem is not meant to constrain other, non-quantum-mechanical theories."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-communication_theorem

A lot of theorems have quite strict constraints or conditions within which the theorem is valid, meaning they may not be very general. It is like "let's the solve the problem in the approximation of absolutely elastic spherical horse in vacuum".

Going through all theorems that possibly may be applicable before doing the experiments is not really practical. If the experiments succeed, then it will be time to review all the theorems that were proved not applicable and understand why.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I see no problem in the No communication Theorem beging violated as long as the results of the experiment prove the theory.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:57 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
I see no problem in the No communication Theorem beging violated as long as the results of the experiment prove the theory.
That's correct but that's not the issue at hand. The issue is that Tom predicts violations of some well established experimental results which sometimes have led to basic rules in different fields like the No communication theorem in QM without talking about such violations. Because he isn't addressing this it's uncertain if he and his team know about such violations and if not would've designed some of the experiments differently. If indeed he and his team would've missed some literature in the QM field and the experiments would fail because of that it would be a waste of money. So it would be great to hear if they know about it and have designed the experiments especially for proving such "well established rules" wrong or if they might have to change some things before doing the experiments.

Best regards
NexorProject

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tom has responded to some criticism from Reddit in this audio file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WuNxIk ... h91Nv/view

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the link SS, I started to listen and got as far as 'creackpot etc etc', and decided I come back to the audio file at a later time. Tom's a busy person, so I don't have much tolerance for those who think he can drop everything for their personal questions.

I really appreciate the opportunity to listen to the file, though.

Edit to Add:

Got a chance to listen to all of it, and my summary is I think Tom did and excellent job in his analysis.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdG_5AIrOJE

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:48 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The kickstarter is close to reaching the preliminary goal.

The more money pledged, the more experiments can be done.

Let's light this candle!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The $150,000 goal has been reached!!

I've seen that the folks over at Bashar Forum have been very supportive, at this thread: http://bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3556

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations Tom! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

https://live.kickstarter.com/tom-campbe ... al-reality

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thank you for the link BlancMind