Return Home
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:11 am

All times are UTC-06:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:57 pm 
Offline
Normal User
Normal User

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:41 pm
Posts: 26
I understand that this question may seem very fundamental, but I still don't understand why the shape of the defraction pattern when there is no detector at the slits is the way it is. What I mean is the following: the HIGHEST probability /intensity of measured light is DIRECTLY BEHIND the area between the slits. This seems to me to be the exact location where there should be NO probability of EVER getting measured light. What am I missing?


Top
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:24 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:44 am
Posts: 1251
Quote:
I understand that this question may seem very fundamental, but I still don't understand why the shape of the defraction pattern when there is no detector at the slits is the way it is. What I mean is the following: the HIGHEST probability /intensity of measured light is DIRECTLY BEHIND the area between the slits. This seems to me to be the exact location where there should be NO probability of EVER getting measured light. What am I missing?
The theory is that PMR is based on a probability curve. A bell curve is the simplest example of this. The double slit is a very simple experiment. Humans like to make things complicated. It keeps the game going.

Reality propagates from the center of existence.

What you see depends on what you’re looking for but the double slit is likely inadequate to describe what is real, truth, creator, infinity, singularity, Etc.

What is the void?


Top
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:11 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 pm
Posts: 931
Check out this video in its entirety, the delayed choice experiment is at 35:08 Simulation theory

It is not about probability and measured light. At the end of the experiment there is a cartoon human with eyes closed facing the wave pattern and when he opens his eyes it changes to a particle pattern.

It is about how knowledge, focused intent, awareness, observation and choice creates reality. Idealism is proven scientifically by the double slit.


Top
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:28 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:44 am
Posts: 1251
Delaying your choice can be quite gratifying. It might activate your kundalini. LOL !

Entertaining video :)

What is the void?


Top
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:35 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:31 pm
Posts: 3491
Location: Florario/Ontorida
To the OP

I had to reread your question many times to understand what you
are asking.

I think you think measurement is ONLY at the slits, and that lack
of measurement suggests no registration of light.

If I am understanding correctly, think of it as the universe has two
distinct modes, one relaxed, one at attention.

In relaxed mode, everything is operating according to a
probability curve. The light photons pretend pass
through the slit panel like a probability wave.

Like everything else in the universe not being
watched by a consciousness.

The intensity of registration is based on the interaction
of the two waves after they pass through
the slits which transforms the waves into
two point pulses, like throwing two pebbles
in a pond beside a wall.

The strongest registration will be at the
centre between the slits, not at the slits.

Wave are nodes (peaks) and anti nodes (troughs), and
two nodes combine their energy to double in
height for water, intensity for light.

If a person walks in, it’s like “officer on the deck”,
everything snaps to attention and pretends
to be Newtonian, the wave disappears and is replaced
by bullet point partial behaviour.

_________________
Does this PMR make my butt look big?


Top
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:31 pm 
Offline
Normal User
Normal User

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:41 pm
Posts: 26
Quote:
To the OP

I had to reread your question many times to understand what you
are asking.

I think you think measurement is ONLY at the slits, and that lack
of measurement suggests no registration of light.

If I am understanding correctly, think of it as the universe has two
distinct modes, one relaxed, one at attention.

In relaxed mode, everything is operating according to a
probability curve. The light photons pretend pass
through the slit panel like a probability wave.

Like everything else in the universe not being
watched by a consciousness.

The intensity of registration is based on the interaction
of the two waves after they pass through
the slits which transforms the waves into
two point pulses, like throwing two pebbles
in a pond beside a wall.

The strongest registration will be at the
centre between the slits, not at the slits.

Wave are nodes (peaks) and anti nodes (troughs), and
two nodes combine their energy to double in
height for water, intensity for light.

If a person walks in, it’s like “officer on the deck”,
everything snaps to attention and pretends
to be Newtonian, the wave disappears and is replaced
by bullet point partial behaviour.
Thanks for the reply. I think you got closest to answering my question. Let me further elaborate.

When the double slit experiment is run without any WW observation at the slits, conscious observation has established that there is a photon light source that generated a photon, there is a barrier with two slits in front of the results screen, the slits are positioned such that it is POSSIBLE for light to go through either slit. Because of this setup, the results screen has to show something, but because there is uncertainty built into setup (ie. two slits), the VR defaults to the defraction probability wave pattern.

As I understand it, the photon does not ever actually exist in a wave state, but rather the VR system represents this double-slit, non-WW setup on the results screen in the same way AS IF the photon was traveling through both slits in a wave form. It just seems ironic to me that the VR system represents it in this way, with the highest probability segment on the results screen being between the slits, which is ultimately an area that will never have photon particles hit, once consciousness adds WW info requirement to the experiment, and actual particle probablility distributions play out.

I probably still have not communicated clearly what I am saying. Sorry about not being able to accurately state my question.


Top
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:17 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 pm
Posts: 931
Quote:

What is the void?
The void = essence: God, eternal light, all in all. Love is the desire of essence to give of the essence, share, define, send forth great universal energy.


Top
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:41 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:44 am
Posts: 1251
Quote:
Quote:

What is the void?
The void = essence: God, eternal light, all in all. Love is the desire of essence to give of the essence, share, define, send forth great universal energy.
That’s pretty much what I understand. The central zero point from which existence is projected. It’s what we are I think. Infinite capacity. A non thing that contains everything. Weird. Lol.


Top
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:50 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:31 pm
Posts: 3491
Location: Florario/Ontorida
“which is ultimately an area that will never have photon particles hit,”

I think your puzzlement here is the simpler Newtonian
aspect of interacting waves, from two separate pulses.

Weirdly, my Highschool physics teacher, who, looking
back, I now believe was lucid to the broader
implications of quantum physics, he had an individual
project exercise where I ended up constructing
an actual double slit demonstration with
water.

Drop a pebble on one side of the wall, the wave
approaches the wall and some of the energy is transformed
into two pulses emanating from the two slits then out on
the other side.

You could then observe the two waves interacting, it would
be much the same simply dropping two pebbles
in any collection of water.

Where two waves interact, the energy of each
wave is additive, with higher peaks and deeper
valleys.

You see this when two boat wakes interact or the magnetic filing pattern.

The key here is that wave energy is dissipating
at a non-linear rate, I think logarithmic, or accelerating,
as the circle of spread goes outward. Does
that make intuitive sense?

So the key question is why is the energy
or light registration maximum at the
midpoint of the slits, where photon hits
in Newtonian state are counter-intuitively very unlikely to hit?

I think it is due to the math of additive
energy dissipation from the slits.

Individually, let’s say you closed a slit and
fired photons in quantum state, the energy
maximum would be behind the open
slit, with a normal curve pattern.

Running it again, quantum state, two slits,
the registration would be slightly stronger
behind the slit, now same behind the second slit, BUT,
the additive energy at the midpoint is
the maximum, as this is the sweet spot that
minimizes the additive energy dissipation
when travelling from the slits.

This is the best an economist can do trying to
discuss physics. Maybe a pro can correct any
missteps.

_________________
Does this PMR make my butt look big?


Top
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:00 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 pm
Posts: 931
Quote:
When the double slit experiment is run without any WW observation at the slits
It is my understanding that WW observation is an acronym for the detectors.
Quote:
conscious observation has established that there is a photon light source that generated a photon
So this is my understanding of the above quote: when the double slit was run and there was no observation (detector) at the slits, it was established by scientists that there is a photo light source that generated a photon.
Quote:
there is a barrier with two slits in front of the results screen, the slits are positioned such that it is POSSIBLE for light to go through either slit.
Yes, I agree.
Quote:
Because of this setup, the results screen has to show something,
Yes, I agree.
Quote:
but because there is uncertainty built into setup (ie. two slits), the VR defaults to the defraction probability wave pattern.
The "defraction probability wave pattern" exists without regard to the slit experiment. The slit experiment is a tool to measure the action of the wave pattern in its natural state.
Quote:
As I understand it, the photon does not ever actually exist in a wave state,
Scientists shoot photons at the slits. When they are not observed by a detector passing through the slit they produce a wave pattern on the result screen. When they are observed by a detector they produce a clump patter at the result screen.
Quote:
but rather the VR system represents this double-slit, non-WW setup on the results screen in the same way AS IF the photon was traveling through both slits in a wave form.
My understanding of the above quote: when the double slit without a detector set up is run the VR produces a result AS If the photon exists in a wave form.
Quote:
It just seems ironic to me that the VR system represents it in this way
This is evidence that VR exits by detection or in other words consciousness creates VR. The photons are riding the wave when not detected and when detected the wave collapses and "actual particle probability distributions play out."
Quote:
with the highest probability segment on the results screen being between the slits, which is ultimately an area that will never have photon particles hit
Yes, I agree.
Quote:
once consciousness adds WW info requirement to the experiment, and actual particle probablility distributions play out.
Yes, I agree.


Top
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:39 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:27 pm
Posts: 220
Location: The Realm of Men
Quote:
I understand that this question may seem very fundamental, but I still don't understand why the shape of the defraction pattern when there is no detector at the slits is the way it is. What I mean is the following: the HIGHEST probability /intensity of measured light is DIRECTLY BEHIND the area between the slits. This seems to me to be the exact location where there should be NO probability of EVER getting measured light. What am I missing?
my understanding is this;

Photons do not travel in straight lines, photons are both waves and particles.

if there was only one slit, there would be a single probability distribution of where it would go. As there are two in the "double slit" there are two probability distributions interacting, multiple slits it can go through and then two probability distributions from there. so the way things work out is there is a higher probability towards the middle of where it will end up and less out to the margins.

As Tom has said given our lack of understanding many have just seemed to call it strange science that we will just never understand. or they do not like the outcome of virtual reality is the answer because where does that lead? who's virtual reality is it? they dont like that answer, therefore there it not consensus in the scientific community as to what is happening.

a devout belief in materialism is an issue of our understanding here. for many it seems materialism is a fact and they think much of this we will never understand. the speed of light having a cap because of the frame rate is another good example. we understand why because there is a frame rate. they continue to say we will never understand because they dont like the answer of virtual reality and the system is saving resources and there is a frame rate, etc.

in short the photons will not necessarily go in a straight line so can end up within reason somewhere behind the slit depending on how far back we are detecting where it hits.


Top
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:36 pm 
Offline
Normal User
Normal User

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:41 pm
Posts: 26
Thanks to everyone for the feedback.


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited