Return Home
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:48 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: The TES Hypothesis
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just wondering what anyone's thoughts are on this? http://home.att.net/~meditation/TES.html

Post subject: Re: The TES Hypothesis
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'll never get tired of this, how this works. I learned two things today, I shared the first about the words illusion and measure coming from the same Sanskrit base over in another post. The other thing I learned was that some Christians, the two I exchanged with today, believe that meditation is Satan based devil conjuring activity. I also learned of their understanding of evolution which was about as scary as their concept of meditation. Dinosaurs were just 900 year old lizards that had that long to grow, because the atmosphere around the earth back then (10,000 years ago) was denser and allowed 900 year life spans. And that Darwin recanted his theory 3 years after he claimed it. The other Christians I know, my neighbors, came over to share some gleaned apples today. They give me hope as they are more reasonable, of course I don't talk religion with them. I also found a quote I was impressed with.

"Religion has always had one very useful role,
it keeps the poor from killing the rich." Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821) from http://www.exponentialimprovement.com/c ... ples.shtml. Co incidences...
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:08 am 
Curator
Curator

Cole,

I find more truth in the metaphysics of My Big TOE and what I experience of it myself. Someone want's to start a religion and a new belief system. If you want to 'believe' in something, there are no doubt much worse things to believe in. But I would advocate more knowing and experiencing, testing/tasting as Tom says, for myself. I have skimmed their home page only and do not merit it an in depth analysis. I find that their ideas mix PMR concepts with things sounding a little like MBT concepts and I personally see no value to it. What I perceive and understand myself to experience is encompassed withing the cosmology of MBT as a scientific model of Ultimate Reality and The One Consciousness. I can see this as being an extension, based on science and modern technological concepts, of millennial experiences and understandings by mystics from pre literate times and see no reason, other than intellectual curiosity, in chasing after another belief. Belief gets you into trouble. People kill people over conflicting beliefs. "Kill them all, surely God will know his own" was a real statement by a real general commanding real troops who proceeded to do just what he said, all in the name of God and the Holy Church. I believe it was the Cathars, participants in the Cathar heresy as declared by the then pope, whose slaughter inspired this thought. And then came belief in the Fuhrer and the superiority of 'race' to lead to even worse. Now belief in extreme Islamic thought leads to modern day terrorism. Test, taste, experience, know as Tom says. Don't sign up for another belief.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Cole,

I find more truth in the metaphysics of My Big TOE and what I experience of it myself. Someone want's to start a religion and a new belief system. If you want to 'believe' in something, there are no doubt much worse things to believe in. But I would advocate more knowing and experiencing, testing/tasting as Tom says, for myself. I have skimmed their home page only and do not merit it an in depth analysis. I find that their ideas mix PMR concepts with things sounding a little like MBT concepts and I personally see no value to it. What I perceive and understand myself to experience is encompassed withing the cosmology of MBT as a scientific model of Ultimate Reality and The One Consciousness. I can see this as being an extension, based on science and modern technological concepts, of millennial experiences and understandings by mystics from pre literate times and see no reason, other than intellectual curiosity, in chasing after another belief. Belief gets you into trouble. People kill people over conflicting beliefs. "Kill them all, surely God will know his own" was a real statement by a real general commanding real troops who proceeded to do just what he said, all in the name of God and the Holy Church. I believe it was the Cathars, participants in the Cathar heresy as declared by the then pope, whose slaughter inspired this thought. And then came belief in the Fuhrer and the superiority of 'race' to lead to even worse. Now belief in extreme Islamic thought leads to modern day terrorism. Test, taste, experience, know as Tom says. Don't sign up for another belief.

Ted
Hey I couldn't agree with you more Ted. I just kind of wanted to throw that out there, not so much because of the "non-religion" it proposes (which I saw as more of 'an insult' to 'belief systems' than anything) but because it expounded the idea of "time-energy-space" being the foundation for "reality." Not actually sure why I wanted feedback on this, other than to say- these theories, which posit consciousness as naturally occuring/always existing within "TES"- make a good point in denying the lack of continuity between one 'personality' and another- or one mind to another.. Then again, this was mainly an attempt to get a a discussion going, and I too find Tom's ideas to be much richer in their depth and perspective, than the "TES" model.

Cole