Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:33 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:54 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hello, these questions are directed at Tom,

I am curious as to how the general scientific community has taken to the discoveries you made researching your Big TOE, and since the publication of the book?

Does the scientific community today support your Big TOE's credibility, and is there any ongoing research directed toward the TOE field?

Also, has the publication of your Big TOE affected your own scientific status (positively or negatively), surely the publication of such an epic TOE must cause some scientific stir?

Finally, are you ever approached by 'recognized' scientists who show interest in exploring the larger reality, and bringing it (somehow?) to the forefront of modern science?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am guessing that most scientists today poo-poo Big TOE because it cannot be weighed or measured?

Just curious, thanks and kind regards,

AJ Fisher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:24 pm 
Curator
Curator

AJFisher,

In the interim until Tom has time, I can give you some answers.

There is no general reaction from the scientific community as there is only a large group of people and not a true structure with a 'spokesperson'. If you search and read around on these forums, many readers have posted articles originating from the 'scientific community' regarding the universe as a hologram or a virtual reality. The writers do not include an understanding that if we are experiencing a hologram or virtual reality, then there must be something non physical about our nature. They make a disconnect between these two logically connected relationships. Many work towards a TOE based on string theory or membrane theory or other concepts as I understand. I do not believe that Tom has ever been approached by what you call a 'recognized' scientist interested in exploring the larger reality, but he must be the one to definitively state this. Scientists working in the field of science know on which side of the bread the butter is spread and will not take a politically incorrect position which includes the concept that reality originates in Mind as opposed to a 'physical' reality. Only the recognized elite such as Einstein or Bohr could take such traditional mystical positions without professional career damage. Do note that Tom has wide respect within the 'scientific' community as posted here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=413 His comments are complimentary regarding Tom's credentials and in no way negative. Even more significantly, when Tom retired from a very responsible position within the DOD structure mentioned in this post, he was not long before being hired by NASA based upon his developed expertise and extension of the state of the art in his field, known by reputation around government channels. That is why we have so little of his time lately and I give this answer in his stead, pending his comments.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Interesting, today I learned that the words "illusion" and "measure" come from the same Sanskrit base term. Here is the link, http://www.exponentialimprovement.com/cms/maya.shtml. I was researching trying to understand politics, US politics, and found this site. I've found several interesting papers there such as this http://sysdyn.clexchange.org/sdep/Roadm ... 4468-2.pdf, and this http://sysdyn.clexchange.org/sdep/Roadm ... 4101-1.pdf. Interesting how this keeps working, this illusion.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:06 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Okay, thanks for the replies.

Let me state, I was not doubting TC's scientific credability, I was just curious as to the position modern science take on TOE's such as Tom's, and whether a Big TOE, which obviously incorporates the subjective experience, is taken seriously by the scientific community. There must be an element of risk thrown in when a physicist (or any scientist!) such as Tom publishes a Big TOE.

I bet having 30+ years of NPMR experience can come in handy when applied to solving problems at work, especially if it's with NASA!!

Kind regards,

AJFisher

Last edited by AJFisher on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes AJ I concur there is a risk, that is why I consider Tom my hero.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AJ,

MBT has made no overt impact on science -- yet.

Most scientists, who are as much caught up in their beliefs as any other group, tend to be followers not leaders. They work only on that which is approved by their culture -- as the focus of their culture changes, the focus of science will change with it. It is the very few who dare to lead and only then when the step is a small one. Thus it has always been, because that is human nature - humans are herd (social) animals.

Yes, a half dozen or more physicists have read MBT and find it to represent an advanced physics but they hold their opinion privately until such time as the culture allows them to speak without being punished. They are much more valuable as covert assets than they would be by doing anything overt. A guerrilla insurgency is more effective instrument of change when one is vastly outnumbered. It needs only a focal point about which to organize and an underlying truth that is validated by fact, experiment, and experience.

The evolution of ideas churns slowly.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:27 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

You may also be interested to know that MBT has been mentioned a few times by minor contributors on Michael Prescott's well-regarded blog, but Michael Prescott himself and the other major contributors (like Michael H, dmduncan, Art and William) have not yet discovered it. This may be partly a skeptical doubt that that anyone could have discovered so many answers, but also because MBT represents a big investment in time for people normally used to trawling the internet. Hopefully, they will discover MBT one day, because it answers so many of their questions.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ross
It (MBT) really isn't that big of an investment in time if one has already has the information required for understanding in their base. What, perhaps two weeks to read the books really good or one week for a fast reader. If the reading drags on the information isn't ready to be uploaded, imo. It took me 18 nine minute videos to change my understanding of almost everything (I believe it was during #4 that I went slack jawed for a bit), and then the two readings of the trilogy (so far) since were the best investment of time I've made other than helping create my children. I would say better than the investment of time I have made in my formal education, but without my formal education (and life) MBT might not have made it in. People in technologically advanced society could use a bit of slowing down. It seems there is a mind-set that requires we keep up with the speed of our technology in person to person based life. My former mentor called it something along the lines of society wide mental illness. When someone takes the time to investigate MBT and finds any resonance, time is no longer an issue, again imo. We've got all the time in the world. ;)
Love
Bette