Return Home
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I got the following paper from here, it's about 25 pages long and here are some of the questions that Dr Whitworth poses, Thomas Campbell's My Big TOE is mentioned as well! :) I thought that maybe some of the board members could have a shot at answering some of the questions below and we could mail him or ask him to join the forums!

http://prespacetime.com/index.php/pst/a ... File/18/16
Discussion Questions
The following discussion questions highlight some of the issues covered. As no-one really
knows, there are no right or wrong answers! The aim is to stimulate discussion:

1. If the physical world is a virtual reality, what is the image and what is the screen?
2. If the physical world is an image, what is its resolution and refresh rate?
3. Why can't the ongoing flux of our world ever stop?
4. Could an extra dimension wrap around our space?
5. Is space something or nothing?
6. Would a network simulating our universe be better centralized or distributed?
7. How is a hyper-sphere surface like our space?
8. If movement is a grid transfer, what are "straight lines" in network terms?
9. If our time is virtual, can we ever know if it slows down?
10. If time is a sequence of choices, can we roll the sequence back or forward?
11. Under what conditions can time flow backwards?
12. If space is expanding, what is it expanding into?
13. Why didn't the big bang immediately form a black hole?
14. Why is cosmic background radiation from the initial event still all around us?
15. If the total information in the universe is constant, how did it arise in the first place?
16. How can a distributed network solve the transfer synchrony problem without buffers?
17. If empty space is full, what is it full of?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:08 pm 
Curator
Curator

Viv,

I am not aware of the details of their interaction, but Tom and Brian have consulted already and Brian Whitworth is aware of My Big TOE and these forums. This was after the publication of Brian's first paper, but before the publication of his second paper. Here is a link to this information on this BB: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3947 We do not need to invite or induce Brian to participate in these forums.

I suggest that you edit your post above for inclusion in that thread, listing the additional papers in the series that Brian has published so far, links to sources from which they can be downloaded and fitting it in as a continuation and update of the description of Brian's research and I will transfer it to that thread so we have up to date information all there in one place. Remember that Brian will not be able to cite My Big TOE in his papers as it is not classed as a scholarly work, no matter how much understanding or inspiration he gains from it or from conversations with Tom. Remember that this is not a deficiency on Brian's part but rather the way that juried publications work in the fields of science and mathematics. Brian Whitworth is a friend and 'fellow traveler', respected by Tom and I.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

He and the paper has actually been mentioned several times here on the board. He's a genius imo, and I have cited him as source on a few occasions in my school papers.

I haven't read the paper you linked to in depth yet, only the first version. I didn't know MBT was mentioned, but I'm glad it is.

http://brianwhitworth.com/BW-VRTCH1.pdf

Looks like he is going to make 6 chapters from based on http://brianwhitworth.com/papers.html

It's some interesting questions, but some of them are quite speculative and very difficult to know. A few of them can be answered with high certainty based on MBT knowledge, but right now I have to continue my sleep deprivation and work..

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Like many here, I've been avidly following Brian Whitworth's development of his VR theory, and its coherence with MBT.

He has very kindly replied to a recent query from me, as to when his third chapter - on light - may be appearing, and tells me that it is already in draft form, with a few further tweaks outstanding. As he said, it all takes time!

We will all look forward to another intellectual treat when it appears!

Arthur

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I love light. :) Thank you Arthur.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:49 am 
Curator
Curator

To All,

I have finally read all of Brian Whitworth's paper as referenced above. I was pleased to see that I was in error in predicting that Tom's My Big TOE would not be cited. It is cited as one of the references.

I am not the physicist, as a mechanical engineer, to understand all of the physics discussed within this paper. In general, this paper focuses on a comparison of the characteristics of a virtual reality and our reality as observed by science and shows that there is a compatibility of these characteristics and observations in a chart delineating this comparison. Brian's paper does not focus upon, or even mention, the existence of Consciousness Space as the basis and source for the computation of the virtual reality nor the probability nature of such computation as described by Tom. Brian is after all operating from a PMR perspective and his concerns in a paper on science for a juried publication must be upon the physics per PMR science. The focus is upon the physics and how the calculations defining the VR might be performed. A grid of points is assumed and there is no mention of the MBT viewpoint of calculation based upon probability, except peripherally, and the collapse of the probability wave at all levels to create the observed reality for a consciousness, an IUOCs virtual FWAU participating within the VR.

I have linked this thread into the reference thread for Brian Whitworth's work at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3947&p=23102#p23102

Ted

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Those new to the Brian Whitworth papers, and threads here, may be interested in this link to a My Space page which I posted in the other thread.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =355723801

It is of an interview with Professor Whitworth, giving a useful summary. He speculates a little more than in the technical papers on possible non-PMR ramifications. I posted a couple of comments (as "Xysticus") below the article, referring to MBT, etc, with links.

Arthur