Return Home
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:44 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is the link: http://brianwhitworth.com/BW-VRT4.pdf

Brian asks us to only share the link since he will be making changes before publication.

This paper is a terriffic addition to the last 3 chapters.

I finally see how Brian's theory and mine fit seamlessly together. His theory derives what I call “our PMR rule-set” and at least the front end of Ted's VR Rendering Engine (VRRE)... and as such is a stand alone explanation for PMR physics. It answers the question: how did our virtual approximately objective physical universe evolve to be the way it is.

In contrast, MBT theory (model) takes a step backward in time to answer the what, why, who, and how that describes existence and intent before the “tear” (BT) that initiated the evolution of our digital virtual universe, and to supply the “why” of why our physical universe was initiated).

MBT, like Brian's theory, is also falsifiable and predictive where it interfaces with physical reality at the macro level. However, when MBT describes BT causality, the logical consequences become qualitative descriptions of individual subjective experience (which makes up the lion’s share of our most meaningful experience and, arguably, the most significant part). As such, it can satisfy the statistical requirements of useful inductive logic in order to develop a consistent causality, rather than using the the deductive forms that are applicable to assessing approximately objective experience. Like approximately objective experience, Subject experience can also be repeatable and essentially the same (though not exactly the same) for many (theoretically all) observers. Within human subjective experience, there is a reasonably diverse and large set of credible subjective data points that can be tightly fitted by a simple, consistent causality described by MBT. These subjective credible data points are now generally described by a hodgepodge of conflicting belief that is even less rational than the standard model of particles discussed by Brian in this paper.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Tom. I am probably reading things wrong. But Brian seems to suggest the physical world is real, with particles that you can touch and are made from energy (and hence the energy source). Your model is particles don't even exist and just a pure simulation in a computer of sorts. Am an wrong on either or both? If I really wanted to simulate a physical world, would not be easier to just make the thing and "let it do what it do", instead of trying to simulate all the interactions and edge cases. Sometimes it just easier to make the real thing (at least here). But at this scale, I have no idea.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brian Whitworth is convinced that our PMR is an information based virtual digital reality. He derives the process that generates the rule-set for our virtual PMR. When Brian talks about deriving light , mass, and particles, he means virtual light, virtual mass, and virtual particles -- which are all the result of calculations within a nonphysical "quantum computer". If the LCS wants a VR simulation to be sufficiently detailed with high resolution, then it must create/build that simulation in the computer at the most basic (quantum) level and let it evolve into the macro level from there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok, that clears it up. Thank you Tom.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One thing that kept popping in my mind when he talks about state and behavior is the programming concept of Class (with big C, not java's little "c". Sorry, geek joke)
A Class has state (i.e. data) *and behavior. State can be updated externally via function calls attached to the class via interaction from callers or external world. The class decides what, or if, it can do something based on state. Classes can be cloned. Classes can be nested and derived. A class could also have no data and just behavior - maybe the void between spaces is just a class with no data, or just (potential) behavior. An Actor model, by comparison, has state and behavior as well. But can not be called directly. It is all based on message passing. This model pipelines well and forces a more composable and correct-by-construction model. I guess it is just interesting to try to overlay language design models over the MBT model as the patterns seem to overlap fairly well from what I can see so far. Just thinking out loud.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:38 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Does anyone know how to get this paper? The link currently is not working and I don’t know what paper Tom is talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Does anyone know how to get this paper? The link currently is not working and I don’t know what paper Tom is talking about.
On the right side, you can see the papers.

It looks like this:

Quantum Realism

1. Introduction
2. Space and Time
3. Light
4. Matter
5. A Quantum Field
FAQ
Glossary

Just click on "4. Matter" and you will find the text Tom referred to.