Return Home
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:33 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:13 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) experiments back in business at record energy.

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2 ... ord-energy

I wonder what kind of expectations they might have in this next phase. It is of course an amazingly huge, fascinating endeavour yet we`ll wait and see.

It`s hard to imagine how the LHC could show us the way out of the box.

Anna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello Anna,

Considering that the LHC is wholly "inside the box," as you say it's very unlikely it's going to show us a way "outside of the box." Really, we are just exploring the relative extremes of the ruleset, how small, how powerful, how fast, etc. I don't think we are even close to coming near this PMR's computational limits, so it's likely we find all sorts of new smaller details and nuggets for physicists to lavish over and fit into their already convoluted models.

Physicist Matt Trassler does a great job explaining LHC concepts in lay-man's terms. His website is here
http://profmattstrassler.com/ , I think I've commented asking him if he has seen any of Tom Campbell's work but I don't remember getting a reply.

Adam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:46 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks for your comment Adam and for the link, which is quite useful since the site, as you also pointed out, is conceived for a lay-man.

I am not surprised that Matt Strasser didn`t answer your question about Tom. It is as usual a case of a mainstream physicist too busy to take notice of something outside his system, no matter what it is about.

Of course the LHC is wholly PMR:ish and reading about them I can almost hear Tom`s exquisite humour in commenting that stuff.
Yet, as you put it, since they are exploring PMR rulset`s extrems, it is quite interesting to keep up with where they are heading for and occasionally watch when they`ll hit the partition wall.

Anna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Viewing and experimenting with PMR equipment, on PMR sub-atomic matter, with PMR technology, knowledge, rule-sets{ laws of physics}, how can any results, show anything more than PMR at the PMR quantum level ? It is still VPMR, which is a subset of a larger NPMR system. Oil & water, do not mix at the molecular or atomic level, only an appearance of a blend of sorts.

It is interesting, though. Just like, science has found that solid matter or any matter is not actually solid or still/stationary/fixed in space. This is cool & etc., but this type of data in and of itself, only arouses the imagination within this VPMR. But, it can be a catalyst in arousing the intellect to realize, that PMR is not as is appears, so there must be something else, to reality, if what appears to be solid, still, fixed and congruent within its "appearing form", but yet the research proves otherwise.

In, this scenario , it is useful, IMO. I also wonder, what goes thru Tom's mind, when he reads about these quantum experiments.
Einstein, quoted, it quite well- "the same mind set, that got you in the thing, cannot get you out of it" [ end of paraphrased quote].
You can't see outside the simulation from within it, but you can see the smallest details that exist within the simulation.

Therein, all this still brings us back to PMR.
Mike