Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:33 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
For our IUOCs, personalities is probably not the best word. More like biases in their processing of data streams. This very definitely affects our personalities as avatars. If you find and read the book "Please Understand Me II" by Dr. David Keirsey you can read how this general conception of personalities traces all the way back to ancient Greece and up through the ages and the development of modern psychology. There are tests to find your type on the Internet for free. Tom is an INTP and I am an INFJ and if you read our types, especially Tom's, you find a description that looks like it was written based on Tom, including be open minded but skeptical.

Ted
What's mine?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
For our IUOCs, personalities is probably not the best word. More like biases in their processing of data streams. This very definitely affects our personalities as avatars. If you find and read the book "Please Understand Me II" by Dr. David Keirsey you can read how this general conception of personalities traces all the way back to ancient Greece and up through the ages and the development of modern psychology. There are tests to find your type on the Internet for free. Tom is an INTP and I am an INFJ and if you read our types, especially Tom's, you find a description that looks like it was written based on Tom, including be open minded but skeptical.

Ted
What's mine?
You have to take the test Shaw. It's 70 questions and can be taken from their website for a fee and the test is also in the book I believe. At one time there were other websites offering the test for free but most of those have been taken down as it's copyrighted by Keirsey. However I did find the test a few weeks ago in PDF format. I didn't save the link but you could google it and try to find it. After I took the test and added up the answers I went to the official Keirsey Temperament website and read about my personality type. I am a ISFJ.

Ann

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ted
What's mine?
You have to take the test Shaw. It's 70 questions and can be taken from their website for a fee and the test is also in the book I believe. At one time there were other websites offering the test for free but most of those have been taken down as it's copyrighted by Keirsey. However I did find the test a few weeks ago in PDF format. I didn't save the link but you could google it and try to find it. After I took the test and added up the answers I went to the official Keirsey Temperament website and read about my personality type. I am a ISFJ.

Ann
Gotcha. Probably won't invest that much time, but it's good to know. I'll take a look at the Keirsey Temperament website and see what they mean.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ted
What's mine?

Ann
I found out I'm a Keirsey INTJ. This stuff's pretty fun, and accurate. I read yours Ann, you're a Protector. Thanks for all the hard work you do, I know you don't get enough appreciation for it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I found out I'm a Keirsey INTJ. This stuff's pretty fun, and accurate. I read yours Ann, you're a Protector. Thanks for all the hard work you do, I know you don't get enough appreciation for it.
Aww...how sweet of you Shaw, thank you! And YOU are a Mastermind! Quite rare. Yeah, it really is fun and accurate. Tom and Ted know their stuff. I found the book used on Amazon, just a couple of $, waiting for it to arrive. BECAUSE Ted suggested I read it. Ted does not give bad advice, and I'm not one who easily trusts the advice of others (because I'm stubborn like that and tend to think I know it all. EGO!) but he will not steer us wrong here. I don't even feel worthy of the time he spends answering me, so I take to heart whatever suggestions he has. Sooo much WISDOM and I just love that guy so much!

Love To All,
Ann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:55 am 
Curator
Curator

Attachment:
Dopey.jpg
Dopey.jpg [ 15.27 KiB | Viewed 1509 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Aww...how sweet of you Shaw, thank you! And YOU are a Mastermind! Quite rare. Yeah, it really is fun and accurate. Tom and Ted know their stuff. I found the book used on Amazon, just a couple of $, waiting for it to arrive. BECAUSE Ted suggested I read it. Ted does not give bad advice, and I'm not one who easily trusts the advice of others (because I'm stubborn like that and tend to think I know it all. EGO!) but he will not steer us wrong here. I don't even feel worthy of the time he spends answering me, so I take to heart whatever suggestions he has. Sooo much WISDOM and I just love that guy so much!

Love To All,
Ann
I'll have to check out the book, I haven't yet... just did the test yesterday, as per Ted's recommendation also. We've been talking back and forth about it... and yea, he has a lot of good wisdom to impart.. he's the man.

Edit: Anyone notice we've got a lot of Introverts on this forum? I guess the extroverts are too busy socializing to be interested in Tom's genius (just kidding to any of you extroverts out there). Seriously though, lots of introverts in the haus.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Shaw, how can you tell who is introverted and who is extroverted just from what they write on the Forum? I've never considered this, but thinking about the exchanges here, I can't even take a guess as to which one people are (I think you're an extrovert, but I'll bet I have only a 50% chance of being correct. HAHA!) Please tell me how to know so I can tell the difference too. Which do you think I am?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Shaw, how can you tell who is introverted and who is extroverted just from what they write on the Forum? I've never considered this, but thinking about the exchanges here, I can't even take a guess as to which one people are (I think you're an extrovert, but I'll bet I have only a 50% chance of being correct. HAHA!) Please tell me how to know so I can tell the difference too. Which do you think I am?
It was mostly a joke, though myself, Ted, Tom, and you, are all Introverts based on our Keirsey scores. I wasn't actually saying I have statistically significant data or anything, or that I could figure it out by people's posts... but the 4 who I know of here are all introverts. Coincidence?

Maybe.

Maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Darn it Shaw...I was all excited about being in the know about something!! Well, I just need to get a sense of humor!! Lol