Return Home
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:09 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: "Just" data
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

w

Last edited by BlankMind on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: "Just" data
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Blankmind

I’m glad you started this post and hope you have plans to draw it out. I’m struggling with the metaphors just now as I’ve already been through the process of trying to square peg round hole my experiences/truths into mbt. I also did the superimposing of Tom’s truths onto my own in an attempt to grasp/understand reality which resulted in some ridiculous contortions and subsequent painful ripping off of Tom’s truths to get to back to my own.

I do like the mbt terminology as it allows us to discuss concepts which would otherwise be difficult to articulate and also because I enjoy looking at the ‘mechanics’ of processes. I am however finding that whilst Tom’s habit of coming at a subject from several different angles was once helpful to me, nowadays, I’m developing mental dyslexia by the time I’m two steps into an explanation.

What blows me away is the elegance, the complexity, the care and consideration given to providing us with the experience that we receive. If we accept that we (FWAU) are the most infinitesimal iteration of the process what does that say to the combined abilities of the LCS.

Is it all just what we think of as ‘thought’ where we have the option to grow up and help contribute to creating something pretty or pleasing for all of us? Is focussed intent at the being level not in itself what we might consider ‘magic’?

Could you try to describe what you are perceiving/interpreting as the nature of reality/data?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

w

Last edited by BlankMind on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
The true reality can't be described.
But it can always be directly experienced. By everyone.
I knew as soon as I had pressed submit that I shouldn’t have asked but it’s so tempting, sorry. I’m with Tom on the sharing of subjective npmr interpretations as being counter-productive re not only by our own misinterpretations but also giving others false expectations. I take it that your experience was of the more objective type and that it is yours:)

I’ve always done a bit of local wandering, had my own tools and when I found MBT (painful nudge, wait for it, in my big toe!) it gave me, for the first time, a model that I could hang the hat of some of my experiences upon. I will look at other models but am slightly reluctant re my proclivity to form a belief at the first glimpse of a pattern match.

Meditation – humpffff. I’ve been having ‘issues’ with quietening down the noise for a while now. I can still usually function from under it but it’s a god damn pest.

A couple of years back when I first came across MBT I took the advice re meditation using Tom’s, ‘for particularly noisy monkey brain’, mantra. Ah-lum-bar-de-dum-ah-lum-baa-de-dum. Approx. a year in to practising, and I’m not being flippant here, I could repeat the mantra plus have a rampant conversation with myself plus chase the pretty incoming images plus be aware of the external and never miss a beat of the mantra. Not exactly the point of meditation.

My previous tools have not been working for me and I have begun to sporadically discipline in meditation periods (is that an oxymoron?) but I will persevere and see where it goes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

w

Last edited by BlankMind on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the words of encouragement Blankmind. Now how to turn potential into something of value.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Do you remember a conversation we had in the 'just data' thread last year about meditation quoted below:
Quote:
A couple of years back when I first came across MBT I took the advice re meditation using Tom’s, ‘for particularly noisy monkey brain’, mantra. Ah-lum-bar-de-dum-ah-lum-baa-de-dum. Approx. a year in to practising, and I’m not being flippant here, I could repeat the mantra plus have a rampant conversation with myself plus chase the pretty incoming images plus be aware of the external and never miss a beat of the mantra. Not exactly the point of meditation.
nessie
That's what it's like for me when I 'try' to meditate and would say the imagery aspects have amped up from last year. I can get focus and keep hold but have to come at it a bit different. It's difficult to explain because I know how I do it automatic. Probably overthinking it or square peg round holing it.

I don't think it helps to look too much at the things we can't do so will probably carry on with what I've got. It's maybe the different chemistry?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

wrong thread :)