Return Home
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

w

Last edited by BlankMind on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blank Mind,

One of the most basic attributes of Consciousness is awareness: cognitive function -- the ability to think, consider, assess, and learn. Some of that cognitive function is considered to be intellect (processes information piece by piece), another part is considered to be intuitive (processes information as a gestalt). Both types of processing are valuable and when integrated together give a much more complete picture than either alone.

In people who have fear, this cognitive function appears to us to be twofold (though it is always one thing). 1) that part of the cognitive function that is highly contaminated by fear (ego, belief, expectation) and 2) that part that is not. Ego is defined as awareness in the service of fear. Belief and expectation are often products of ego and always products of fear. Because the great majority of people base the great majority of their choices on their fear, ego, and belief, we associate their intellect with fear, ego, and belief (unfairly calling it the intellectual level) and blame the resultant bad behavior on their intellect. The intellect is a valuable cognitive tool, it is the fear that is dysfunctional, that controls the tool. If someone's head is bashed in by a hammer, one does not blame the hammer for the murder and make a plan to get rid of all hammers. Hammers can be exceptionally useful if you have nails to drive. Though people are dominated by fear, they also, sometimes, use their intellect for positive things. One of the most valuable things (other than finding their lost car keys and glasses and remembering how to get home after work) they can use it for is to eventually, after much experience, realize that fear is the enemy, that ego and belief is ruining their lives, and then further use their intellect to come up with a strategy to get rid of the fear, grow up, and become love. And then use their intellect to implement that strategy. Indeed, this is how most people do grow up in our intellect-dominant culture. Fear is the problem and that fear is expressed by our intellect, however, our intellect is also likely to be a large part of our solution.

When the fear is gone, the intellect is dominated by love, caring, compassion, and kindness and there is no distinction between being level and intellectual level. One's awareness is whole with the intellect and intuitive processes fully integrated and working together as one.

The same story applies to the intuitive side of the cognitive function. When it is driven by (in the service of) fear, it is dysfunctional -- when it is not, it is peace and love. However, in our intellect-dominated culture we hardly notice the intuitive side of cognition and justify all thoughts and feelings as being rational and having intellectual roots.

We associate intuitive cognition with the being level -- a level that just is, that does not have to justify itself as the intellect does -- thus, it isn't as noisy, unpredictable, and jumpy as the intellect. Although most people mainly have negative gestalts wadded up in their being level, they still can have many positive gestalts spread around as well because the being level does not demand consistency or rationality.

When one "works from the being level" one finds a quiet, positive, stable place from which to intend. The intellect has great power in its analytical assessments -- it is the director. The intuition has great power in the sharp focus of its deep, sureness of understanding -- it is the choir.

1) "Why in the world do you deal directly with this mess Tom? Do we not feed the intellect by dealing with it?"
Because that is the director, the tool that will one day direct most of us to eventually grow up. many years ago that wasn't the case, but today and in the near future, we will be an intellectually driven species. Patience is required, evolution is a slow process.

2) "What purpose does the intellect actually have? Since it exist"
It is a necessary part of consciousnesses' cognitive function that processes millions of individual pieces of information looking for meaning and patterns

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

w

Last edited by BlankMind on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:39 am 
Curator
Curator

Now take another pass through what Tom Campbell has said here and make note of what else he has said in regards to the iNtuitive core being side which you have not noticed in your concern for the Intellectual side. Your iNtuitive side as your base being IUOC can pull out and put together much more information from these few paragraphs as it can from any complex situation.
Quote:
When the fear is gone, the intellect is dominated by love, caring, compassion, and kindness and there is no distinction between being level and intellectual level. One's awareness is whole with the intellect and intuitive processes fully integrated and working together as one.
When your individual fear is gone, this is true. But also when our collective fears are gone as represented by the primitive and tribal personality that originated when we first appeared on earth in this PMR in the far distant past, our societies will also be 'dominated by love, caring, compassion, and kindness'. And Tom has already describe something relative to this in this YouTube talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUpPdFi7ZtQ Specifically I refer to after about 25 minutes in the second part of the talk.

And you can also relate this to what Tom has said about the anti-rats versus the rats and what the LCS has explained to me regarding what is generally know as tribal personalities going back as far as we have any information on the past of our species and how they 'turn into' Authoritarians when they encounter the new stresses as city states and larger nation states developed. This goes back to the new Personality Types going back to Aristotle who first wrote about Artisans, Guardians, Idealists and Rationals and the rise of more complex societies as city states. The tribal personalities are now very gradually being evolved from our IUOCs and instead we will have the newer and more 'dominated by love, caring, compassion, and kindness' 16 personality types that go back and were first written about by Aristotle. I have direct experience with those who have both personality types existing in their IUOCs and thus are as controlling and racist as anyone but at the same time are caring and loving of others, including animals, when they are not locked into authoritarian follower/leader behaviors.
Quote:
many years ago that wasn't the case, but today and in the near future, we will be an intellectually driven species. Patience is required, evolution is a slow process.
But also at the same time, our Intellect and iNtuition, both from our being level as IUOCs, will have been integrated by our evolution over time as a species to work together. We only achieve this now as individuals.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Ted for adding to the thread. What you highlighted from Tom and then expanded on I think is the most important information to take home from this thread.

Almost all people have that internal disharmony going on between their being level and intellect.
But to realize that there is not even supposed to be a "split" in the first place, that is vital. To be an undivided consciousness who has discovered the joy, creativity and expansion that comes from focusing on achieving good potential instead of wasting it, that is the birthright of consciousness.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Almost all people have that internal disharmony going on between their being level and intellect.
But to realize that there is not even supposed to be a "split" in the first place, that is vital. To be an undivided consciousness who has discovered the joy, creativity and expansion that comes from focusing on achieving good potential instead of wasting it, that is the birthright of consciousness.
An interesting and idealistic position to take! But I think we need to remember that the reason we are composed of different internal personalities is largely due to evolution. The alligator/reptile instinctive part of the brain, the mammalian feeling part of the brain and the cortex human part for instance. Quite how you integrate the alligator into the human is, frankly, beyond my understanding (we rationalise a lot of course -justify our actions- but that is sometimes the very opposite of genuine integration!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 pm 
Curator
Curator

Vzam,

That applies only if you ignore this being a Virtual Reality rather than a physical reality. What we are considering is that this is a VR in which the IUOC in the LCS is the core being and the digital mind of an avatar in PMR. There is evolution going on but what matters is the evolution of the code within the core IUOC, not the evolution going on within the avatars being simulated in the VR. The simulated evolution of the VR avatar applies only to the simulated properties of the simulated avatars. It is the evolution of the core IUOCs that is being created within the IUOC as a result of the stress being created by the interactions of the avatars within the VR. Remember, Interact and pay attention to the feedback? If this were not going on, then there would be no value to having a PMR type VR and we could all be having a relative stress free experience in NPMR instead.

As Tom Campbell points out, this did not work very fast so AUO created the PMR VRs and thus evolving itself into AUM. Evolution is everywhere from the LCS to NPMR to PMR where the intensity is high and rate of change is therefore high also. It was a property/process that developed naturally within the LCS and from there was purposely designed into the PMRs. But you must maintain awareness of what is primary and what is derivative evolution. IUOCs are the evolving minds everywhere. Anti-Rats and Rats exist as those evolving minds everywhere and they are the digital minds of avatars everywhere. Tom called them metaphorically the Rats and the Anti-Rats running the mazes in AUM's evolutionary testing and training laboratories of the VRs as NPMRs and PMRs in their vast numbers. There the IUOCs are the digital minds of the avatars that run the mazes and undergo the training that produces the evolution of the IUOCs QOC which is the purpose of the whole operation.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

w

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is quite astounding I must say!

Being vs. intellect is one of the central baffling ideas to wrap ones head around in MBT. Before this post I viewed the concepts far differently. This explanation makes so much more sense. If only it could be added to the trilogy because I think it makes things way less confusing. Heretofore I had envisioned the intellect as the absolute evil more or less. Tom himself had told me I must utterly stop thinking and connect with my guides via being level, thus I viewed all thought as bad. There again I might be a special case cuz I'm a little mental haha.

Hm. Interesting that he talks about the being level being non consistent and non rational. Also the bit about the being level being the "sharp focus of its deep sureness of understanding." Interesting sounding.

I still think I'm a long way from connecting to that level lol. But this was a very insightful explanation!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 pm 
Curator
Curator

This concept is not my invention but was in Tom Campbell's original books. There is a great deal there that is not caught on the first reading, nor on the 6th for that matter. There is always more to learn and a deeper understanding to develop. Tom saying the following:
Quote:
Tom himself had told me I must utterly stop thinking and connect with my guides via being level, thus I viewed all thought as bad.
that you report is not the same or contradictory to what I was saying above. Tom is saying to you in this quoted information that in order to develop your connection to the LCS, you do it through the being level, not the intellect. Everyone already has such a connection, although it is stronger in Idealists and Rational personality types. It is not that the intellect is bad, but that it is simply not where your developing connection to LCS Guidance occurs which is within our being level as our IUOC.

Have you taken the test that Tom recommended to determine your personality type and perhaps read the book by Dr. David Keirsey, Please Understand Me II or my paper in which I explain based on this book why our personality type resides within our IUOC's code? The personality type is described by the 2nd letter of 4 in the type designation as either N or S, referring to iNtuition or Senses. Our intuition comes from our IUOC and all people have it although it is more dominant for Idealists and Rational types. Links are included in the locked forum just above the Chat forum if you have not read this material which might make this more clear to you. Basically our connection as intuition with our being level arises there. The 3rd pair of F/T or Feeling/Thinking arises from our IUOC code also but does not provide the connection to our IUOC that our intuition does. Our IUOC is cognizant of much more information and its interrelation than our FWAU intellect can achieve.

Ted