Return Home
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi. I’m trying to work out why folks seem to experience the higher self as almost divine. May I ask how you folks perceive your higher self/IOUC/soul or whatever you may call it? I’m referring to what I think MBT would term the bounded element of the IOUC from which I take the FWAU (constrained filtered traited) partition to have originated not the IOUC function in unbounded union with the LCS. How much interest do you interpret the IOUC as having with its partitioned FWAU sensory experience? For those who have achieved becoming an expression of the LCS would that expression not necessarily be a bounded expression?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi. I’m trying to work out why folks seem to experience the higher self as almost divine
This is one I've crossed with elsewhere on a personality forum several times.

My best guess is habit. Or as Tom said in his 'different VR definitions' video, lack of imagination.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:17 pm 
Curator
Curator

There is no bounded or unbounded element of our IUOC. There is just our IUOC as our core being. From this, the FWAU is selected and modified during our lifetime to represent the specific limitations that might be placed on us during a given lifetime, how it gains capabilities as we grow from infancy and education and how it looses capabilities as we age and/or suffer illness. Our IUOC changes only very slowly, typically over multiple incarnations in PMR, while our FWAU is more dynamic, constantly changing and evolving and then de-evolving as we age and approach our end of an incarnation.

The concept of our IUOC being divine or semi divine dates back to older concepts and theosophy and such older concepts. It is not appropriate to think of our IUOC as being interested in us as an avatar. Our IUOC receives the messages over the RWW from The Big Computer which produce our experience of incarnation in PMR. It receives and analyzes and responds to those signals, producing our (as an avatar) response to our experience and interactions with other IUOCs who also manage avatars here in this PMR incarnation. But that is not all that our IUOC does.

It functions as a networked computer in the vast networked computer that is AUM as an information system.

It functions as a unit of the smaller System based Big Computer which is a network of IUOCs as smaller computers.

It functions as the base/core of our NPMR avatar, similarly to our PMR avatar but without the FWAU.

Finally it functions as the base/core of our PMR avatar as previously described.

It does all of these things by time sharing, not unlike PMR computers including that on your own desktop. The messages over the RWW provide the order to switch context and evaluate and react to the incoming message just received. So, controlled by the messaging over the RWW, the IUOC is constantly switching function and context between these different functionalities. So our IUOC really cannot be seen as having a bond to our avatar of the moment. If it did, this would interfere with its functioning as our continuing avatar in NPMR and also as a part of AUM and as part of The Big Computer.

Does this help your understanding of these concepts?

Ted

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Because of religion many people come to the conclusion that: Grand otherworldly beings = God(s)
- that's not so bad of a conclusion when you don't have non-physical knowledge.

Last edited by BlankMind on Thu May 03, 2018 9:36 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:03 pm 
Curator
Curator

I think that what you are thinking is your IUOC is actually your NPMR self. Your NPMR co avatar is where the experience of all of your PMR avatars is reviewed, selected from and accumulated in this one entity.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree.

And I took a trip into the old MBT forum goldmines and found this fantastic post from 2010 by Tom on this exact subject:

OK, since the definitions are arbitrary, let me make some up for use on this forum and let's keep it simple. The Venn diagram was specified in my earlier post to have all the circle centers coincident.

The hierarchy of functionally different subsets in order of generality:
1) Larger consciousness system LCS -- AUM
2) Individuated unit of consciousness IUOC -- That subset of the LSC that is particular to You as an individual subset of experience gathered across all reality frames. The superset of your individual existence. The IUOC contains the overhead and support structure that interfaces to the LCS (e.g., Indra's Net, RWW terminal) and that is required to plan, manage, direct, and integrate all experience from all frames into the lowest entropy configuration possible.
3) Higher self -- oversoul -- That subset of the IUOC's experience and learning gained by specifically incarnating into PMRs -- a collection of lifetimes comprising all one's incarnations in PMR and the wisdom gained therein. The hard-working fast-track evolution engine that executes the IUOCs plans by deploying FWAUs into PMR(s)
4) Free will awareness unit FWAU -- an identity incarnated into a PMR. It gathers experience for the higher self to process into lessons learned, which enable a lower entropy configuration of the higher self, the IUOC, and finally the LCS (since they are all one anyway).

-- Note: This functional breakout is arbitrary.
-- Its only purpose is to facilitate our communication by decomposing functionality into simpler conceptual units so our limited PMR habituated thinking can more easily grasp the nature of consciousness and individuated existence.
-- These separate groupings that we define here do not actually exist as separate things or beings.
-- Their boundaries are fuzzy and their definitions overlap into one another.
-- Do not look for precision in these definitions. Arguing about the details reminds me of "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" and is a waste of time.
-- These are conceptual training wheels - as your discussions advance past needing these arbitrary divisions, let them go rather than trying to push them into ever greater specificity that just gets less and less useful

Yes, 2 and 3 could be reasonably combined but separating them allows for a catchall functionality that covers higher-level "interfaces" with the LCS that seem reasonable within our information system and computing system metaphor even though we may not be able to put into words or fully conceptualize these interfaces at this time (RWW, Indra's Net). IUOC has become a term of art in the MBT community with a larger more general and inclusive connotation than the much used terms of "higher self" and "oversoul" which generally, in the literature of the last 4 decades, refer to an individual separate entity that represents a collection of past lives within our PMR and the learning and wisdom gained therefrom. It is my thought that higher self and oversoul as generally used, provide a somewhat more limited concept than an IUOC. Rather than try to hijack the common definition of higher self and oversoul and trying to bend those words to our own needs for a bigger picture description, we invented the term Individuated unit of consciousness (IUOC) thus avoiding the baggage and limited conceptuality that is attached to those terms.

Tom

- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4677&hilit=concentr ... =60#p19007

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:48 pm 
Curator
Curator

Yes, that is the model aspects by Tom Campbell that I have attempted to maintain all along during the time I have been earlier managing the board. I think that you will find what I have been saying consistent with this. That is the kind of explanation by Tom that Sainbury tried to keep notes to and to quote when needed. The problem is that what is in the LCS as digital code and the real interactions that produce the VRs and what goes on in them and all of these various terms we use like AUO, AUM, IUOC, FWAU are not accessible to us to observe in any way. That is like telling yourself to analyze your brain for neurological flaws as you sit there in your easy chair. Can't be done. But we can put together a model of Reality which is consistent with what observations that we can make and that people have been making for millennia such as Indra's Net which is different as a metaphor from Tom Campbell's, but is identical with Tom's metaphorical Model. And Indra's Net has the advantage of being provided by LCS Guidance to those who are advanced enough to receive it.

Tom Campbell put together his model of Reality after a life of study and analysis based upon his history of training as a scientist, physicist and mathematician and his personality type as an INTP Rational Architect (of systems). I have spent the same kind of time period coming from the different direction of being an INFJ Idealist Counselor who are typically societies mystics and shamans. So we both figured out the same Model, although Tom worked out the LCS and digital information system part before I did while I observed the traditional vision of Indra's Net later as my way to get to the same place.

Thank's for hunting that up, BlankMind. Make sure that I make a permanent reference to it on the board.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi. Thanks for the responses they help. Overthinking :)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Got the yin yang bit. Not pleased Blankey you should have warned me.

Different dance different aspects tad disturbing :)

In cheerier news I had another one one of the ‘bigger moments’ last week going down the stairs again. It’s a bit disorienting and I actually fell down the bottom several steps this time. Knackered my left shoulder right down to the bone beside the elbow which is in line with my experience of a horribly specific and recognisable unwarranted ‘sense of humour.’

I probably shouldn’t say but I’ve had three separate Stephen Hawking interactions over the past couple of weeks. He really wasn’t in my data stream apart from being aware of him alive/dead so it was strange to have the experience. Incredible mind clean clean and I got him just staring into the universe with awe and wonder. Epic.

Fear Ego & Belief Progress
Significant breakthrough. PP who I’ve had to put up with being all patient and stuff for twenty years told me a few days ago that I’ve been “absolutely horrendous” for the past several weeks which when translated from Glaswegian is a high form compliment or that’s how I’m choosing to interpret it :)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

nessie wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 pmGot the yin yang bit. Not pleased Blankey you should have warned me.
Not completely sure what you're referring to. Give me a pointer :)

I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.
- A recent quote by Stephen Hawking.
Legend goes that when you stand below the immense majestic sky of a quiet clear night, when then you point your ears toward the mysterious sea of stars and you listen very very carefully, you will hear a slow robotic voice yelling "GUYS I WAS WROOONG"

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

nessie wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 pm Got the yin yang bit. Not pleased Blankey you should have warned me.

Different dance different aspects tad disturbing :)

In cheerier news I had another one one of the ‘bigger moments’ last week going down the stairs again. It’s a bit disorienting and I actually fell down the bottom several steps this time. Knackered my left shoulder right down to the bone beside the elbow which is in line with my experience of a horribly specific and recognisable unwarranted ‘sense of humour.’

I probably shouldn’t say but I’ve had three separate Stephen Hawking interactions over the past couple of weeks. He really wasn’t in my data stream apart from being aware of him alive/dead so it was strange to have the experience. Incredible mind clean clean and I got him just staring into the universe with awe and wonder. Epic.

Fear Ego & Belief Progress
Significant breakthrough. PP who I’ve had to put up with being all patient and stuff for twenty years told me a few days ago that I’ve been “absolutely horrendous” for the past several weeks which when translated from Glaswegian is a high form compliment or that’s how I’m choosing to interpret it :)
Is Glaswegian feedback the reverse of the rest of the Species ? Hehehe :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Not completely sure what you're referring to. Give me a pointer :)
BlankMind
I can’t see it just now but you had been shouting the yin yang symbol to me from one of your comments a few weeks back so when the symbol thing came incoming as a full sim the other night and like I said ‘not pretty’ I’d flashed to thinking was that what you’d meant and I was raging that you hadn’t warned me. It’s okay I’m just going to file it under ‘some things once seen can’t be unseen’ and I’m sure I’ll get over it given time. I’m saying nothing. H-)

Legend goes that when you stand below the immense majestic sky of a quiet clear night, when then you point your ears toward the mysterious sea of stars and you listen very very carefully, you will hear a slow robotic voice yelling "GUYS I WAS WROOONG"
BlankMInd
That’s too cryptic for me BlankMind I’m sorry but I don’t understand the words. The Hawkings thing was epic spontaneous not an ask. It wasn’t like what I’ve seen folks describe as an ADC it was more what I’d call an immersion when you become somebody else for a moment. I’ve never had it with a dead person so it was different but really beautiful. To me it was his old avatar and mind but the universe was inside him and he was also looking out. It was like he had pure clarity awe. It was more static than a pmr immersion - that’s the wrong word- maybe more like not having the pmr sensory data there but still what I would take to be him. Also the three times were re-runs of the same experience which you wouldn’t get with a pmr’er.

Is Glaswegian feedback the reverse of the rest of the Species ? Hehehe :-)
RBM
I wouldn’t say Glaswegian feedback is in reverse to the rest of the species it just requires a different level of sophistication and frequently involves blades :) It’s cool PP likes it.

RBM I followed through on something you said in a comment a couple of weeks ago and I’m now signed up for something called a Death Cafe and I’ve not got a clue as to what that might entail. Do you know what it’s about?

In other news and this is weird I recently got the MBT trilogy in audio because I’m not engaging with written material so well these days and I’m thinking it would help if I at least got some of the model. Thing is for several times in a row now I’ve instantly micro-slept and missed the Tom doing the TM bit every time every I’ve replayed it. It’s like a switch and I’m thinking voodoo – something doesn’t want me to have a clear focussed mind. Honestly it’s uncanny I’m going to try again today to see how many times it happens and see if I can work out what’s happening.

Thanks for the (snarky) responses and complete lack of concern re my damaged shoulder :)

Last edited by nessie on Sat May 05, 2018 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Now you just made me more curious about what you saw. There's nothing you could say that would shock me. You can do in a direct message if it's too spooky for the forum :-)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

BlankMind wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:50 am Now you just made me more curious about what you saw. There's nothing you could say that would shock me. You can do in a direct message if it's too spooky for the forum :-)
BlankMind
Name. Address. d.o.b.

NO COMMENT

Phone call please.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My anonymous therapy service is anonymous for a reason. The reason for being anonymous is that it's an anonymous therapy service.
Aside from being a therapist I am a detective. You actually don't even need to tell me what you saw. Watch:

Yin.. yang... hmmm... dualism.... yin female.. yang male... oh.. oh no. Did you receive a vision of the ungodly act called "intercourse"? I'm sorry. Sorry, nobody should see that happen. You were not ready. Sometimes those NPMR folks just have no limits.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next