Power Poster
Power Poster

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/30713_ho ... ts-at-home

How to create binaural beats at home

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

From Justin:
Here are some binaural beat audio files that I made in case anybody else wants to try them also.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... =drive_web

The name of the file represents the tone used and the difference in hertz.

Example:

100_3_8.mp3 is a 100 hertz tone in one ear and a 103.8 hertz tone in the other ear. The result of course is a 3.8 hertz binaural beat.

440_4_2.mp3 is a 440 hertz tone in one ear and a 444.2 hertz tone in the other ear, resulting in a 4.2 hertz binaural beat.

Each file contains a mix of the binaural beat tone, the sound of ocean waves, and a small amount of white noise. All audio fades in very slowly (and out), so you will need to go to the middle of the track to set an appropriate volume level.

At about 2 minutes into each track there is a single bass tone. I use this as a reminder to begin quieting my thoughts and to let go of any intelectual chatter.

At around 35 minutes into each track the binaural beat tones fade. At around 36 minutes, there are three bass tones followed by a simple song. These tones are to help bring me back to full waking consciousness. The short song is to give me a few moments to reorient myself.

Anyway, use them as you wish. I don't have enough spare time to custom mix anything new, but I can easily export different frequencies and beat ranges within this same audio mix and layout.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:29 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Oh wow, thank you so much Sainsbury! I'll give Justin's a go later tonight.

And yes, if you get spare time at any point to give me any more pointers it would be much appreciated. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:18 pm 
Curator
Curator

George,

What you experience in your own mind comes to you in the messages that you receive over the RWW from The Big Computer. TBC first projects the VR ahead by one delta t. Then the messages that convey this new information to you are prepared by TBC and sent to you to provide this new delta t. Tom explains in his books just how much faster the delta t is for NPMR and then just how much fantastically faster the LCS cycles its own delta t. And our IUOCs as our digital brains are part of the LCS so cycle at the fantastic rate of the LCS. The result is that you as your avatar in PMR have to get your internal thoughts in these messages. Otherwise, they would be too fast to perceive within the VR as your avatar.

Some time ago I experienced the loss of my internal thoughts completely. This was something I asked and worked for and it was finally granted one morning when I woke up to get ready for work. I knew about this as a possibility from reading Carlos Castaneda's books. There have also been reported this kind of thing by Suzanne Segal and Bernadette Roberts who both lost their internal dialog for different reasons. Suzanne Segal was never explained but later she was found to have a brain tumor so it was blamed on that, although there was never any evidence that she had the tumor while she was without her internal dialog. Bernadette Roberts was in a religious order so she applied a religious meaning to this phenomenon. Both have written books about their experiences and Bernadette Roberts is still alive. I didn't get so excited about this as I was working to achieve this result. Suzanne Segal had this happen totally unexpectedly and freaked out when it happened, although she did not skip a beat in her 'performance' in the VR. It was strange to me to get in my car and ride to work without any internal thought. And then to interact with my fellow employees and boss while having no internal thoughts. Tom is actually the only person who has had any kind of significant reaction to it, considering it to be highly significant. My internal dialog is somewhat strange and limited and will not necessarily be there ever since. But I have no trouble thinking about something if I want to which I could not do at first when this happened. As I have described this before, words just seem to fall out of your mouth unexpectedly.

So remember that your own thoughts come to you courtesy of TBC in the message stream. Try not to freak out at this idea. It is logical once you know the mechanics of the VRs. If you are obsessive, you can eventually reach a point where you can have this stopped. Your internal dialog is optional. It is just an aspect of the VR just like seeing the things around you or yourself in a mirror. TBC generates the VR as stated earlier. But TBC is just the same IUOCs acting as a cloud computer to create the VR and then send out the messages to the same set of IUOCs which are experiencing themselves as existing in the VR as avatars. This is effectively a lower level of AUM's mind, a peripheral function which has been automated and does not involve the central mind any more.

Your IUOC functions as multiple things within the LCS, time sharing these functions by jumping from function to function. Most LCS delta t cycles are spent as part of the mind of AUM, effectively as a neuron in the brain of 'God' while the RWW, carrying messages from IUOC to IUOC serves as the axons and dendrites that interconnect the 'neurons' together. It is a much more dynamically modifiable set up than the human brain which is modeled after it. A smaller amount of LCS delta ts are used by our IUOCs to include their involvement in NPMR. Then finally, the smallest amount of LCS delta ts are used by our IUOCs in their involvement in PMR. They do this by time sharing. They work on what the next message to arrive over the RWW tells them to do. This is not unlike the Internet server set up dealing with each next arriving message. Our IUOCs do not 'think' about what they are doing. They are Units Of Individuated Consciousness but are not themselves conscious. This is just like your brain and medical science is baffled so far to figure out where the little man who is conscious hides within it. Our story is that the Consciousness resides Elsewhere, in the LCS.

Who are you in all of this? There is more to you than just John. You are really your IUOC as your digital brain. And your digital brain/IUOC is your core being. But it time shares between being a part of the Mind of AUM and being your continually existing self as your avatar in NPMR and then finally and least as your incarnated avatar in PMR where you are short term but very important as the cutting edge of your development and the development of your IUOC, reducing it's entropy and improving its QOC by your interactions and paying attention to the feedback from them. Are you beginning to see how all of this fits together? When a PMR avatar 'dies', it reintegrates with its continuous avatar in NPMR. A great deal of effort goes into seeing that this process is smooth and without trauma to the PMR avatar. There can be extensive transitional special VRs where you are eased back home when you are ready. But if you are an old hand at this, the transition is something like your NPMR avatar sitting down, with you as your PMR avatar in a sense, and acting something like sitting down in your easy chair after a long hard week at work and reviewing this just past effort, reintegrating the PMR you into the NPMR you and integrating into itself for permanent usage what special you have learned in this process of your life. If you have done a really exceptional job, you may become a significant part of the continually developing personality that is your NPMR permanent self, where achievements are accumulated permanently.

This is some of what I was including in my previous and lost post to you. I have said this before to others. I repeat it rather than just refer you to this previous version(s) because it changes a little each time and the repetition may be useful to later readers who see things a little differently.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

MadGeorge wrote:Thanks for the reply s.lareck. I'm guessing from the tone of your first paragraph that you may be one of the ones I hoped not to offend but still probably did. If so, I apologize in advance!
Thanks for your concern, but you've misread my tone. I'm not offended in the slightest. Nor do I take your questions as trolling. Your questions are welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Your therapist is probably wise to issue such warnings- I'd imagine she's had patients fall prey to cults before, perhaps to an extent beyond retrieval. However, poke around a bit, and I think you'll find most here were or are simply working to integrate the useful bits of this wealth of information into their existing experience. This is key to Tom's message, and to my knowledge, users have been shooed away for wanting to turn this into a condensed religious message. Mainly I would suggest that you use discretion in introducing your wife and therapist to the topic- people warm up to new ideas when they are ready. Too much information with too little understanding, and the knee-jerk reactions are bound to kick in.

Personally, I found my way here due to a profound respect for and desire to learn from Tom- and stayed to learn what I can from Ted. All the members of the forum seem to bring unique, useful experiences to the table and so far it's been a great place to bounce ideas around within the context of Tom's theory.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I like what Ted said about the idea of a cult itself. Yeah, there is a definition of "cult" in the dictionary, but that definition is a hotly debated topic open for interpretation. What makes something a cult can be highly subjective depending on your beliefs. If you believe that a cult is necessarily always a bad thing, because the media only shows us destructive cults, then you might think that all cults are bad. Most people probably think that. Yet ironically, when we attach the word cult to forms of media/entertainment, it's usually not in a negative way. We've all heard the terms "cult classic" or "cult following" in reference to movies, tv shows, books, and so on. It seems to me that the only true, objective difference between a cult and any popular idea or belief is the amount of people who subscribe to it.

So what is a cult? I suppose MBT and those of us who take it seriously could be considered a cult or a cult following of sorts, under some definitions. Even if you would consider it to be a cult or have a cult following, is that necessarily bad? I don't think so. There are good cults and bad cults. Good cult followings and bad ones. Generally, if you're not a person who is "into" most mainstream ideas and entertainment, you are part of some kind of cult. Most of the music I listen to has cult followings, for example, because I do not enjoy most popular music. So even if you consider MBT as a cult, it's not a destructive one. In fact, the understanding we get from reading the books is that we should love and accept all living things, regardless of creed, gender, race, species, or any other superficial difference. It's a cult of building up, not breaking down. Unity rather than separateness. Take it or leave it.

Last edited by Radagast on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, as a cult this is a pretty ineffective one. We don't ask for money, loyalty, penance, unquestioning obedience, belief, or any of the other things that make up a cult. Tom's book is free in its entirety on Google, he charges nominal fees for seminars, and has never made a living off of MBT. At the Huntsville seminar Tom answered questions until 12:30 am. He was just as kind and personable at 12:30am as he was at 10am that morning.

MBT:
If a spiritual teacher's interactions with others are more accurately described as "marketing" than actually helping people significantly change their life by enhancing their opportunities for spiritual growth, then the description "delusional nut with delusional or naive insiders" may be an accurate description of that teacher and his or her followers regardless of how real their paranormal experiences are. page 470
I've been struggling for the most part with keeping my mind clear during meditation, and I came across the idea of binaural beats a few days ago. Do you recommend using BB as an alternative to mantra meditation? Does it make a difference in the type of experience you have?

I'll be honest, a couple of weeks ago while meditating I suddenly became aware that I was seeing into the 'control room' of my own mind (not unlike Inside Out haha). Suddenly, at the controls I noticed a small creature. This creature realized that I could see it, and slowly moved 'out of frame' so that I couldn't see it anymore, almost like "whoops! I've been caught!".

I just assumed I was maybe drifting off to sleep and in a bit of a dream state, but still I've been getting very frustrated since then that I haven't been able to reach that level of relaxation and self-awareness with meditation since then, which I know isn't conducive to the whole thing.
Really meditation is just diligent practice. You start out by stopping your internal chatter for as long as you can. When it starts up again you gently go back to a mantra, or whatever technique you choose, and go back to that silent state. As you practice your time being able to maintain it will increase.

Seeing the control room of your mind was just your metaphor for the data you were processing. Not being able to get back to a previous level is more about comparing, and about expectations, which comes out of your intellect. You have to stop that and just let every session be what it is. If nothing else aim for relaxation and a feeling of contentment at the end.

Drifting off during meditation is very common. At the Monroe Institute they have coined this, "clicking out." Generally it is because you start getting data you are unable to process or understand on a conscious level. And then suddenly you become aware again. If you make your own binaural beat track you can insert a sound after 15 minutes or so to bring yourself back to awareness. That worked the best for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I understand your wish to separate MBT from anything related to the word "cult", as a desire to preserve the integrity of the theory. It does carry a negative connotation under many peoples' beliefs/definitions. That's the thing. A cult need not necessarily ask for money/loyalty/belief/sacrifice/obedience etc. Those are just what most people have in their minds when they think of one, because that's the only kind that we are exposed to.

I take the view in life of understanding the true meaning or meaninglessness of the words and metaphors like "cult". That it's not always because many people believe something that makes it true or right. There is a lot of grey area when talking about many things. Many popular movements, from religions to naziism, have been responsible for great atrocities throughout history. They started out as cults, but once they surpassed a certain popularity threshold, no longer could be considered as such. On the other hand, there are those groups/ideals which could be considered cults or with a cult following(under some definitions) who are responsible for great good toward humanity, like The Elders, MBT, and so on. If they become very popular movements, no on would likely be calling them cults at that point.

Not really arguing for or against the integrity of MBT at this point. More on the meanings and definitions that society chooses to attribute to certain words.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:01 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I just wanted to say thank your for all your replies!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:45 am 

Interesting post...

I sometimes feel like it is some sort of "benign" cult, since I find it difficult to talk about it with friends and family (except for my brother, who had told me about it)...

My own husband is a self claimed atheist with little interest for MBT. When I say "well, Thomas actually said that..."
He rolls his eyes... - so I found this forum where I believe I can profit from and talk about it to people who actually understand it.

What I loved from Thomas MBT from the start is that he says beliefs are not "to be cultivated", you need to find truth for yourself. I was never a person of "faith"... to me, it is all really about personal experience.

"Remain open minded and skeptical at all times" - groundbreaking...! 0 ego, 0 interest to form a cult whatsover.

Coming from a religious - of non practioning parents - environment/family, this made a lot of sense to me... with no imposition, it simply came to me as an invitation to "taste the big picture pudding".

The reasons I guess people relate to MBT is because while reading it, somehow you connect your inner deepest thoughts to it - that somewhere in your lifetime, have already proven to make sense through your OWN experiences, and not beliefs/dogma.

When people ask me about MBT, I say "you should read it yourself, you will either find it extremely logical/genius or totally nonsense/crazy".

It is not a cult, but a theory... followed and supported by those people that relate deeply to it and are here to learn more. Much of it is shared by renowned scientists, physicists, and other theories that interconnect... so it is not based on 1 person's "belief" at all. Hence, not a cult.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:05 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Don’t let anyone make you feel bullied on here or as if it’s a cult. It does sometimes feel that way but I don’t think Thomas Campbell intended the forum to be this way. It does become cultish when freedom of kind speech is denied though. Religion could be considered cultish too I guess.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:04 pm 

There has been a lot of discussion backwards and forwards about whether 12 step fellowships are cults. As a former member of one of these groups, I can honestly say that, at the time of my membership, it didn't bother me in the least whether or not it was a cult, because my aim was to get free from addiction, and it served its purpose - I needed to wash out my brains, so it was a good place to get brainwashed, and when I was free of addiction to chemicals, I left.

I know exactly what you mean about MBT. All I would say, is that, if at any time, you feel uncomfortable, you have the option of moving on to other beliefs, and that your opinion is as valid as anybody else's. I don't think its necessarily a bad thing to link up with clusters of people who share similar opinions to our current positionality, so long as we are able to move on with our life journey. If at any point you feel youre under a spell cast by MBT, listening to a few David Icke videos on "we are consciousness having a human experience" should set you free.

I wish you a safe journey along your travels. x

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:54 am 
Curator
Curator

Before you get into this kind of concept of cults and name calling, you might look into the aspect of what Tom Campbell teaches as actually being known and taught for ~4,000 years in ancient India as the concept of Indra's Net, including with the Buddha and his realization that this is a VR. And there are also records going back to Paleolithic times of some aspects of this information and it being spread world wide before there was communications or languages spread this far. Look for Dr. Felicitas Goodman and her Cuyamungue Institute. Pretty wide spread in time and scope and levels of understanding to think of this as a cult. What Tom Campbell has done is explore this ancient concept, which he was not aware of at the time, and apply scientific and mathematical concepts to this kind of information which had long been known metaphorically, making it understandable in modern time and in modern concepts. Does this really have anything to do with your concept of a cult?

Ted

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

it is true that if you go around telling people we live in a virtual reality and the big "system" is in charge and you where told this by Tom etc. people will assume it is BS and dismiss it without giving it much thought or looking into it.

for the sake or your relationships it is likely not a good idea to push the idea Tom's work on people close to you not open minded. it would not at all be surprising if you hear them say "cult" without knowing anything about it. and even when you say it is a theory of reality they will assume Tom is making money from this or whatever. even if you tell them the books and videos are free they wont care.

its all about seeing how receptive a person is. hearing the word "cult" is a clear indication they are not open minded and i would not push the issue. i also understand how when you find out about MBT you may want to share it with the world and tell everyone you know.

perhaps it is just a better idea to tell people you are learning meditation and Tom on youtube has helped with this a lot for your life.

on the other hand i tell strangers all the time about Tom. but i will never see these people again so who cares what they think. there is a chance one of them will look into it and it will change their life.. so maybe worth my effort.

like Tom says most people are not interested in a bigger picture or are already materialists or religious. very few are ready to seek this out at the moment. while at the same time if we could get the whole world to watch all of tom's videos tomorrow i think a majority would accept it and benefit from it.

do you best to spread MBT without it effecting your relationships. that's all you can do.