Return Home
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45 46 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

8/5

I've been meditating everyday but I haven't done the 1 hour meditation. I've been meditating in shorter periods like 3-10 but multiple times. My goal has been to stop having expectations about the process or what a successful meditation looks like. Just staying alert and being open and observing very closely whatever my attention falls upon. One thing that's becoming more and more clear is that meditation is not something you do it's what you are. I love the saying you seek what you are, it seems to be true. For example in the morning I notice that what wakes me up is a presence and I can feel that energy. Similarly at times when I'm meditating it feels like a flow state where it's just effortless and I'm not doing anything but it feels like this presence is what's doing it.

@Sainbury- Yes next time it happens I will try levitating or something like that. Its funny lately I haven't really had the urge to ask the LCS nothing except how to be happy. I figure if I'm happy then everything else must of sorted itself out. I think maybe I should do as you suggested in an earlier post and to ask for it to present fear simulations of sorts or to expose me to fears progressively.

@ Brian- Hey glad you're keeping up with the meditation. It's true that when I went OOB I should try something, I was just very surprised it happens, i didn't even realize it until I tried to move... lol. It just felt like a very peaceful meditation until that point.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Spike ,

it is great to hear from you my friend :)

My meditation has been a bit sporadic , ( so off and on since my last posting)
But your posting today as me motivated , to do a session in just a few mins here :)

I am still working on the OBE induction.. And i will keep you guys updated if anything interesting happens along those lines in the near future.
But I think a more important goal is to increase my meditation session.. to try and get that daily habit back :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

8/11

I've been continuing to meditate but I must admit my motivation to sit one hour has not been there. I'm still meditating between 20-40 min a day. The big thing for me at least at this stage in the process is to continue with the practice while dropping the expectations of what it should look like. One spiritual teacher recently said if your path isn't peaceful and you're not enjoying it, you're going the wrong way, he says follow the internal peace which is not dependent on external circumstances. I really resonate with that, most spiritual teachers don't seem to believe putting your mind in a straight jacket is a good idea and I can tell when I'm honest with myself when that's the case. At the same time I don't want to jump off the wagon, so I go for the middle way, I do what I feel like doing. I've seen so many benefits from meditating that until I've fully transitioned I don't want to stop, however i do want to tailor it to where I'm at.

So anyways, I'm back to meditating frequently but shortly, whatever seems doable in the moment. So I start my day by meditating for 20 min, I've noticed morning right when I wake is the best time for me to do it. When I first wake up I'm pretty much pure being so it feels effortless, so mornings it is not and i will stop about the 12 min mark but those are rare. I then have been meditating in increments of 5 min about 4 times throughout my day, sometimes more. All this is very informal so I will sit, but I allow myself to have my eyes open if I want or not, cross my legs, shift my position if I feel like it. The point is to put the conditions for it to happen but to allow it to happen or not, either is fine. No effort, the only effort should be to sit down and give it a few minutes, I don't mind either outcomes and i try to be as honest as I can about that. A side note I thought this was a great point by another book I read, he says as long as you are seeking (vs a healthy desire, meaning you want but don't crave, there's no immediacy and an alternative wouldn't be upsetting) it is impossible to be honest with yourself or others. Consciously or unconsciously you will try to manipulate the situation so it turns in your favor.

Anyways the goal of my meditation right now is to come back to the being level consciously until it is my default network knowingly. So far its working really well for the past two weeks but eventually it will change depending on my experience. The thing I've noticed about meditation though is that it really can't be forced because more and more I realize I am meditation/consciousness and body/mind kind of run themselves. Because my ego isn't integrated with my consciousness, to some extent, even a large extent it believes it controls its functions still. It's obvious it's not the case. For example I can't chose which emotion or thought or personal choice will appear in 5 min because if I did they would always be the one's I like. But i notice I will resist/judge the apparition of certain thoughts or emotions even thought they're already here. At the level of consciousness there's a lot of freedom, at the level of your body and mind there seems less so, they're just running programs. The point, I get carried away..., is that the mind imo has very little control over the meditation process, in fact its fears are what masks the meditation process occurring spontaneously like it does when I first wake up. I've tried for example going OOB 10 times since I last did it and none of them worked.

I've also been reading a lot of book on spirituality, I'm seeing a lot of patterns and similarities in terms of what progress means even though the method for a given individual can vary a lot.

@Brian- I think you're doing great:) slow and steady wins the race... I think it's harder to progress if you turn it into a chore.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Spike,

thanks for your posting and it is always great to hear from you my friend in this thread !
I've been continuing to meditate but I must admit my motivation to sit one hour has not been there. I'm still meditating between 20-40 min a day.
Ya, I have only done an hour or more of med a few times in my life.. Right now time wise in my session, I am right with ya in the 2- -50 min range. For the longest time I was having trouble getting past 20 mins or so, but at least i seem to be getting past those days. Martin really think you have to least get past 20 mins to maybe 30 mins + to get anything productive out of these sessions. And I think hes likely correct here :)

But pertaining to Spike's posting,

The longer ive done this and the more I have learned about it, the more subjective and individual, i think this process is :)
So Spike, I am very glad your still trying things and searching for a system that is the right 'fit" for you, and I still think your doing just fine my friend !!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just a quick update to keep the thread active :)

After a few days off, I was able to get back into the swing of things with a 35 min med session yesterday
I felt the session was fairly productive, although i was still a bit on the sleepy side. So there seemed still some " zoned out" periods.
But I felt overall the session was quite productive..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

9/15

I haven't posted on here in a while. I've continued to meditate sometimes a lot and sometimes very little. My interest in meditation has been recently renewed because I've been able to get into great meditation states throughout the day which has been invigorating. I read a Buddhist book and one thing that he emphasizes that I felt has been helpful for me is that whether I use a mantra or the breath, that the main focus or intent of any practice is to recognize you own consciousness or awareness, and not just when sitting but all the time.

Anyways this advise has been particularly useful for me. Lately it's also interesting how I've been more interesting in going hiking (I've never really liked it) and doing things where I'm actively resting, less intense stimulation (exceptions are sports and following the seahawks lol). Even throughout my daily routine there's more of a flow to everything I'm doing. I like to go jog and I use to always "push myself" and also listen to music, now I like to jog without music. My house is also a lot cleaner because I like doing the chores they're more calming while before I was trying to get through them. i'm also sleeping a lot more, I'll got to bed at like 8:30 PM, sleeping almost 10 hours, when I wake up for work after 8.5 hours I don't feel as rested. I've also noticed that my sleep is more and more lucid, like I'll be thinking while sleeping. Like last night I had this thought that I was addicted to sports a little bit like a gambler is addicted because there's kind of the highs and lows of a team winning and losing. Anyways I need to pick my spots when to watch sports and follow it and when to spend time on more important things but the point is I thought it was weird I had that type of thought in my sleep because it seems like the type of thought I'd have when awake and analyzing my week.

Hope everyone is doing well, I kind of like posting more on a when I feel like it basis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

@Brian, I read your last two post, happy your sessions seem productive, and hope your practice is going well!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Spike,

thanks so much or your post, and I was quite happy to see the thread active again .. !!

I am glad to hear your back strong in the meditation and things sound like there going fairly well for you right now ..
I kind of like posting more on a when I feel like it basis
Sure, i think that is exactly how and when you should post here..
You certainly don't want to post if it feels more like a chore or obligation too !!
@Brian, I read your last two post, happy your sessions seem productive, and hope your practice is going well!
Thanks for asking ..
However since those last 2 postings the frequency of my meditation has really dropped off...So I feel back into one of those "down periods"..
I suppose you might call them.
But as i have mentioned a few times before in the thread.. the thread, you guys and posting here does of course remind me to get back on track again..So I am hopeful it will have that positive effect of me as I head into next week :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey Guys :)

Just a quick update here...

I just wanted to say ive got 2 days in a row now with some meditation going :)
So as you might guess because im a bit out of practice .. i have alot of PMR intrusion ..
But at least I seem back now to a steady routine...

I will keep this updated..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

9/29

I've been meditating consistently every day but inconsistently in terms of the amount of time I spend everyday, usually between 5-20 min.

One of the things that's been interesting to me is how my perspective seems to have changed in terms of activities that I prefer, foods to eat, and many other things. I wonder if meditation and bringing more consciousness to things has acted as a compass of sorts because it's become more obvious from meditating where happiness comes from. What I mean is that things seem a little bit more amplified then they use to be. For example when I go hiking it's a lot more restful then before while watching tv is more mind numbing then it was before. I've been making more intuitive decisions about my life while not dismissing logic entirely obviously but finding that middle ground between intuitive heart and logical beliefs (even those seem to be changing). To summarize meditation seems to amplify the feedback I get when making a choice good or bad and hence without me knowing it intuitively steering me towards better decisions.

The other thing that happened about a week ago that was interesting is I had another what felt like an OOB experience. It's hard to tell whether it was a dream or not though because for example I've had dreams where I was a bird and flying around which are really cool btw. But I woke up around 3 AM to go to the bathroom. Then went back to bed right away but couldn't really fall asleep but I wasn't restless either, so I kind of laid there, suddenly I felt kind of this strange energy, very strong, that can be present when having a particularly pleasant dream but I felt more present/awake than just when normally dreaming. Before I knew it I was gliding around my house, I wasn't opening doors but going through them, I even went up on the roof, nothing incredible happened it just felt really good and I navigated around my house a bunch.

I've had now probably between 5-10 maybe more that I just haven't recalled experiences like this but for me its been so easy to dismiss them in the past as just dreams because of the lack of control I've felt in having these experiences consistently, and the fact they usually occur when taking a nap or so tightly intertwined with sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Spike,

thanks so much for your posting !

Concerning your possible OOBE you had ?

How aware were you in PMR when all this happened... as compared to say your typical PMR awareness when you dream ?

This includes also if you lucid dream ..

Meanwhile in my meditation sessions , I am back experimenting with the sound program " Audacity"

So I suppose im sorta meditating , but also I feel I need to get back to the remote healing I was doing before..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi SpiegelSpike,
SpiegelSpike wrote: suddenly I felt kind of this strange energy, very strong, that can be present when having a particularly pleasant dream but I felt more present/awake than just when normally dreaming. Before I knew it I was gliding around my house, I wasn't opening doors but going through them, I even went up on the roof, nothing incredible happened it just felt really good and I navigated around my house a bunch.

I've had now probably between 5-10 maybe more
Sounds like the same thing my brother has just started going through.. Surges of sensation that jolt him back awake as he attempts to fall asleep in the early morning.

Won't go into too many details as this is the meditation thread, however periodically through the day as well as during your meditation, simply passivate and "Become aware that you're aware, that you're conscious". Allow your mind to drift into that awareness of simply "being aware".
SpiegelSpike wrote: To summarize meditation seems to amplify the feedback I get when making a choice good or bad and hence without me knowing it intuitively steering me towards better decisions.
It looks like the inertia of the meditations is catching up with you now... Congratulations!

Sincerely,

~Martin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:07 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi Power poster ( R.I P Ted ) ,

I also found a journal helpful for mapping my travels around the LCS/OBE/ Astral what ever term works best.
Carl Jung had some interesting papers on dream work. Such as
http://www.venerabilisopus.org/en/book ... ctions.pdf

How are the shared dreaming experiments going these days ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Meditated an hour today. This past week didn't meditate very much I had a migraine and then a cold. Before that I had been pretty regular with it but I don't do very long sit downs like today unless I feel compelled to. I'm also seeing a lot more overlap in daily life and my meditative state even though it is more subtle, I'm starting to feel like I'm always meditating more and more consistently. I've also been really compelled to do yoga, I've been doing it about every other day for an hour, I'm trying to do it first thing in the morning everyday but about half the days I don't wake up early enough. I've really enjoyed just doing hatha yoga at home, in silence, and particularly when its dark, and holding poses with my eyes closed, and really feeling the aliveness/ presence within me, not trying too hard. Cultivating that presence more and more by recognizing it has been my main interest spiritually. It's very strong at night before bed and in the morning, and I enjoy just doing nothing and soaking it that presence/aliveness. Some mornings when first waking up I'll just sit for 30 min to an hour in the dark, not trying to meditate or sit straight, just soaking up that presence by just being. I've noticed it's helped me just BE in everyday life also, because the more I just AM throughout my day, the more that presence/aliveness is present in the things I do. I'm also more in touch as I mentioned before of the things that interfere with the presence like overeating is a big one, too much tv/cellphone use, just anything not done in moderation where it feels I'm numbing my perceptions. I've also been reading lots of spiritual books.

@ Brian- Hope you're keeping up with your spiritual journey. :) In terms of your question I'm not sure. Usually when I dream, I only realize I was dreaming when I wake up, when going through the dream, the dream seems real. I don't think I often have lucid dreaming in my sleep, that's mostly when I'm daydreaming which those might just be imagination. In the possible OOB experience I had, I thought I was pretty awake because I was trying to fall back asleep, then I felt this energy swell up, kind of like when you're in a peak state in meditation, and then I was out of my body moving around my house. I wasn't aware of my physical body anymore, I just felt like energy just gliding around my house but it felt really good but also I felt it was a little bit weird that I wasn't moving as a physical body, like I went up on the roof, it felt like it was me, and that I was controlling where I was going, however my perceptions of the physical world were not very distinct, like I wasn't seeing my house in as much details as I typically do. To sum up I felt like I was consciously moving around my house without a physical body and with less clarity than in normal PMR. The strangest aspect is that at no point did it ever feel after the experience that I had just had a dream. I forgot if I fell into deep sleep right after or if I returned into my body and then fell asleep but at no point after the experience, like is usual when dreaming while sleeping, did I feel like oh I was dreaming and now I'm awake. I felt like I was awake the whole time, whether that was actually the case or not I don't know, its totally possible it was just a very unusual dream and in my mind I wasn't able to distinguish the dreaming and awake phase.

@ martin- Thanks for your feedback it's really interesting. Is there a post you've written where you do go into more details? :) Because yes I'm really interested in the recognition of being aware phenomenon, reading Rupert Spira's books and seeing some of his youtube videos has made more curious about it. I've been naturally really interested in recognizing my own awareness, for me it is when I'm just being, open, listening and I notice this presence, in my body it is perceived as vibrations or an aliveness, when seeing it's like a pixelation or colors standing out more, ect...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

10/21

Did an hour of yoga and then an hour of meditation this morning again. I'm really enjoying both a lot! The yoga helps create that body mind connection and then also doing some light exercise before meditating makes it easier. I wish in the past I would of stretch for 5-10 min with my eyes close prior to meditating. The way I see yoga right now is more of an active meditation that includes the body more.

One thing with my meditation that's been helping that I wish I had understood better, is whether you use the breath or a mantra, is to understand more clearly when one can drop it (the attention on the mantra or the breath) and how to drop it. What I've been doing is in the beginning following any sensations of the breath, without focusing too intently, and to place my intent (not continually just before I meditate) on recognizing the presence or awareness. So essentially in the beginning I put my intention on the breath, as I follow it then signs of presence pop up, usually a clear white noise in my head or vibrations all over my body, a kind of high similar to any pleasant experience, and then I alternate back and forth between the two until my attention settles into presence. I think the key is understanding the breath or mantra is a vehicle to resting into the experience of aware of being aware, a metaphor that I like is that the breath is like the waves that lead you to the shore, which is the experience of aware of being aware. For a mantra, as presence emerges more and more, the mantra doesn't need to be repeated as fast or intensely until it doesn't have to be followed at all. If thoughts come up, especially identification of thoughts, meaning I drift off into a story of some kind, then I return to the breath and keep alternating between breath and presence. Also thoughts are not an issue unless they capture your attention and you drift off into a story or belief of some kind.

We shall see if this keeps working well. Other things I want to experiment more with is my imagination to improve my meditations. I thought of this because I've realized that I've used my imagination all my life to help me fall asleep when I don't fall asleep within 5 min. Some nights I'm so tired when going to bed that I just fall asleep right away. But I've always been able to fall asleep really quickly and the thing that's always helped me was to imagine a story in which I'm the main character, like a fantasy story. They become so exciting that even if I'm not falling asleep I'm relaxing and enjoying myself but usually I fall asleep pretty quickly and the next night I'm excited to pick up where I was in the story when I fell asleep the previous night.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45 46 Next