Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:17 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1024 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 6769 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:32 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

In Book One of the MBT trilogy Tom mentions that the logic and mathematics that we use are only local PMR small-picture logic and mathematics. I am curious how it is that, if we are indeed parts of the Larger Consciousness System who have access to everything available to consciousness, and as fundamentally information systems, that logic itself would vary from VR to VR. Logic seems inherent to information, from the simplest bit upwards, and seems to have only one correct deductive form. Thus I am wondering if Tom is referring to our PMR perspective which tends to appeal to the materiality and causality of PMR as an analogical, or if he really means to say that First Order Logic including the metalogical laws (Law of Excluded Middle, Law of Identity, Law of Non-Contradiction) are not the most basic/fundamental logic.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What appears logical is subject to the state of being.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:10 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Tom, I'm aware that you have stated psychedelics generally have more disadvantages than advantages in regards to personal growth and exploration of the bigger reality.
I eate a peiece of psilocybin mushroom, and I strongly think I had contact with my guide or the LCS. The contact was humorous at times and suddenly showed my forgotten memories that than healed me. I felt love and caring from the source. I got a message that I should have a acceptance to my self. I realized I had been hard against my self, to a degree that dosen't help. In this journey, I also got insight of my self and a feeling of how connected everything is.
Now I want to implement the discoveries to my everyday life, witch is boiled down to being brave and learning more about my self and what I can do to be more loving. I know it's not any thing new intellectual from what I knew before, but it's new in regards to bigger picture and perhaps practical work that the experience gave me.

The John Hopkins researchers are calling psilocybin a safe medicine, after discovering true several experiments the psychological benefits it has. In one study of smoking, 80% of the participants stopped their smoking. They follow up several years later and the result was steady.

It seems psilocybin has many benefits, if it's used with a purpose and with carefulness.

What are you thoughts of this?

Warm regards
Flow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:08 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Tom,
Thank you so much for all you do and for this question collection. I had a question about TBC being male that I know other women have as well. Does this mean that the god of OS is male and all our sexist religions have been right about that after all? Does this mean that women will face glass ceilings in the larger reality or NPMR as well? Was the previous TBC male too? and how are we supposed to feel motivated or encouraged if our god, his pals, his representatives on earth, counsel of elders, etc. are all men? where do female souls even fit in our OS?
I should probably add that I'm asking this here because another woman raised this point on an another section of your forum but was criticized by some of the men on the forum, so I thought if I want to get a real answer instead of being blamed I should ask it on this thread. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

saram24 - do you mean The Big Cheese, which has no acronym? The Big Computer, (TBC,) is just a metaphor for the function of the LCS that generates and sends data. You will find Tom's answer on The Big Cheese here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3801&p=11158&hilit= ... ale#p11158

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:32 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Sainbury, Thanks Yes I meant The Big Cheese.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:07 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi
I have a question about accidents. For instance, and these are true stories I read about in the papers: a group of people are waiting for the bus, a speeding driver loses control of the car, hits the group, 3 out of 4 let's say, are killed. Another example: after a night out, a group of youngsters are in the car going home, the driver is either too tired or drunk, loses control of the car, hits an incoming truck, all of them are dead.

Now, if anyone of the persons in cases like these had a 'bigger plan' or a mission in this lifetime, can we assume that the LCS would've intervened so that they wouldn't have died? Uncertainty is very big in such accidents and an intervention would not fall short of psy principle, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The PMRs are largely left to evolve on their own with the free will decisions of the participants, and the random draw.

TOM:
You take death too seriously because you have a little picture PMR-based local perspective. The LCS self-optimizes in the big picture and for the long term - not in the PMR little picture short term. Like us, the LCS also has a limited decision space and must make choices to optimize its evolution. It makes those choices based on the probability of entropy reduction along each of the alternative paths. If the overall system will have a higher probability of lower entropy in the long term if Joe wins $100,000 because his family dies in the process of teaching him a valuable lesson, then so be it - remember nobody really dies - a few characters in the virtual reality swap reality frames for a very short time (as seen in the big picture). The down side is a few premature recyclings, the significance of which for those particular individuals (and everyone associated with those individuals) gets figured into the system optimizing process. The system optimizes within its constraints. The outcome depends on what each character was likely to gain or lose for each of the alternative futures. Nobody's evolutionary potential or growth opportunities are seriously damaged. Typically, everybody wins. Remember, there are random components, not everything is planned - the system is probabilistic not deterministic - it works (gets it right) most of the time, not all the time -- it is not a perfect system. It achieves successful optimization at the system level more often than not.
http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewto ... her#p22649

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:43 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi. My name is Vladimir. Is it possible to use a random number generator to get a response from the NPMR database. I heard about the Global Consciousness project in PEAR labs, about Dean Radin's experiments, but I would like to do a similar physical experiment at home to make sure that NPMR exists and to be able to practically apply this knowledge. For example, I want to know in which line of the code is the bug or why the code doesn't work as expected

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I'd like some advice on the 'Mandela Effect'. Here's a video of a bloke with a software company trying to keep tabs on inventory where the names keep changing.

http://mandelabiblechanges.com/index.ph ... la-effect/

There are lots of theories about the phenomena, including the "parallel universe" theory in the video. However, I think there may be something more with "actualized databases" and the possibility of having visited "unrealized databases" (which then become actualized). Bugger if I know what's going on, I've had a bunch of these experiences, including the Rock of Gibraltar being moved out of the Straights and into the Mediterranean and being attached to Spain (at least on this time line).

I was hoping that Tom might be able to clear up what it is all about.

EDIT: I just found this longer 48 minute interview with the software programmer. He talks about some of his experiences, theories and future plans. He also mentions he went to the Monroe Institute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A18phtY ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by Terry on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:22 pm 

Is it true that we pick the hardships in our life? It's difficult for me to believe that someone would want to experience being raped and murdered. When I was a little girl, 6 years old, I use to play with my neighbor who was 8 years old. She left school early to take her dog home and never returned. I'm in my early 50's so this is many years ago when you could leave school. Did she really choose to go thru this?

Best Intents,
Trisha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Trish and welcome to the forum. This reality is probabilistic and not deterministic. So most of the things that happen to us are out of the random probable draw. If you are not very familiar with the MBT theory this probably won't make much sense to you. In the case of the young girl, the Larger Consciousness System would discontinue the data stream and a non-player character, (NPC,) would have the experience. It is not of any use to the entity to get more fear for the next life when that life will be terminated in such a horrific way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:35 pm 

Quote:
Hi Trish and welcome to the forum. This reality is probabilistic and not deterministic. So most of the things that happen to us are out of the random probable draw. If you are not very familiar with the MBT theory this probably won't make much sense to you. In the case of the young girl, the Larger Consciousness System would discontinue the data stream and a non-player character, (NPC,) would have the experience. It is not of any use to the entity to get more fear for the next life when that life will be terminated in such a horrific way.
Thanks for your input but your right I don't understand this theory. I do appreciate you answering my question. MBT theory I'm not familiar with. I just started watching Tom a couple of months ago:)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:12 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Don't know if you are still collecting questions to ask Tom during fireside chats, but as this worked once before, I'm going to try again.

My question concerns taking care of my dog. I am vegetarian these days, but my little dog of course loves to have some meat in her diet. I feed her a bit of dog kibble, but she really doesn't like it much, and so I also give her left overs from my meals. But I also prepare patties for her which have rice, mince meat and vegetables in them. I was wondering what Tom feeds his dogs. Are they fed a completely vegetarian diet? How does Tom deal with this issue?
Mario

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If you can afford plant meat, they'll love that as a snack. It tastes and feels exactly like meat these days. And it's rich in nutrients.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1024 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 6769 Next