Return Home
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:59 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 172 73 74 75 76 Next
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:04 pm 

We all know that mainstream science nowadays is just fact based; All it cares about is acquiring more and more facts about the physical world. But while new scientific knowledge is created, it also tends to 'fix' the possibilities in one possible outcome.

So, my question is: Does scientific research of physical world collapse probability distribution in this VR into narrower band of possibility, thus 'restricting' avatars from having more diverse experience in the future?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
We all know that mainstream science nowadays is just fact based; All it cares about is acquiring more and more facts about the physical world. But while new scientific knowledge is created, it also tends to 'fix' the possibilities in one possible outcome.

So, my question is: Does scientific research of physical world collapse probability distribution in this VR into narrower band of possibility, thus 'restricting' avatars from having more diverse experience in the future?
Only when you believe, only when you believe.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:17 pm 

I'm Yana a Russian Immigrant with high school education, neurotic 49 years old mother of 3. i was going from one extreme to another through my life such as drugs, alcohol, shoplifting to being a good church member, good mother, successful business owner suffering in silence through all. I just started reading book 3 and have to put it away soon after as I always do with Tom's books. Im doing much better with Tom's youtube channel. some time i just keep listening the book or his talking as I go through my day because i can catch something very voluble to myself. I started collecting those golden nuggets of Tom's wisdom many years ago and i change my life around greatly. I become less fake, less needy, less egocentric. I treasure my transformation and knowledge because that is the best what could happened to me . Im sure I will finish Tom's book shortly, like in another 3-4 years:)
I thank you Tom Campbell for helping me with decoding the truth. I don't believe you blindly but you help to sort things out in my own data streams.
2 Questions to Tom.
I still have a secret desire to die but not from suicide. What is it?
Why do I feel extremely good some days about myself and some days extremely bad, so bad that’s my eyes never dries up. I over come so much with your help but This underlying sadness is like my best friend, never leaves me for good. Even when I was a little child I was crying a lot just because I felt so sad without any specific reason.
My second question is why a lot of times I see specific images or specific scenes i don’t know anything about them, it’s like watching some movie in my mind they are so vivid that I can see every detail in faces, colors , texture, I see people emotional expressions and much more. I also see demonic creatures, angels, aliens and more. I talk to myself a lot and the other me is always kind and loving, supportive, encouraging and wise. How I can organise all that ? I’m lacking of discipline and change my mind a lot.
Please help me to figure this out.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:15 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Q: Does scientific research of physical world collapse probability distribution in this VR into narrower band of possibility, thus 'restricting' avatars from having more diverse experience in the future?

A: With your first sentence "We all know that mainstream science nowadays is just fact based..." I don't think our mainstream science is fact based at all. As Tom says, all the fundamental assumptions made in physics such as charge, spin and etc. are just made up in order to explain a certain model the scientists are working with. Scientists don't know where they come from.

If a particular consciousness inhabiting an avatar have a certain belief, this belief will restrict the type of experiences the consciousness will be able to experience. So the BELIEF the is filter and restriction. If you as a consciousness have no beliefs, it doesn't matter what the mainstream science says, you will always able to have experiences that might counter the mainstream beliefs. Just like Tom, he doesn't seem to be restricted even though he is a physicist.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:21 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Hello Tom,

Before I ask anything specific, I want to give background of circumstances that got me thinking about this question.

So, there is a popular animates series called 'Rick and Morty'. Rick is crazy genius & Morty's his grandson. In one of the episodes Rick's car just won't start; it turns out that a battery for the car was created by Rick himself and it basically is a little universe inhabited by little people to whom Rick is the God. In the past Rick has convinced those little people that if they don't work physically, they won't be able to produces power for themselves or for their cities. Most interesting part is that battery powers both the cities and Rick's car - Rick just uses them, so to say. The reason of battery not producing any power turns out to be little people came up with THE SAME IDEA of creating their own little universe as a substitute for their labour; As a result of little people's innovation Rick's power supply - labour - has been cut of. To solve this problem Rick goes into the universe that these little people created to tell scientists in that double-little universe how to create universe of their own for them to stop working for little people which used to work for Rick. Rick than comes out of the double-little universe and tells inhabitants of his creation that ''see!? Your universe isn't working, just get back to normal kind of work''. So little people, once again, start working physically and Rick is finally able to start his car again.

In your talks, you've said that we can not know what is happening, - and if there is anything at all, - outside The Big C Conciseness. And The Big C Conciseness happens to be goal oriented, to infinity lower its entropy.

My question is: What is the possibility of system thriving towards it's goal being the same kind of power source for some other being, as in the case of system created by Rick for his car?
Hi, Let me attempt to answer this questions. As similar questions has been asked in a previous fireside chat. I'm not sure if you've read Bob Monroe's books. In there, there was one experience where Bob described the love emitted by humans are collected by some other beings as "loosh" as a form of energy. So earth was run like a far and the more love that's produced, the more loosh were there for those other beings. I believe Tom at the time said it's not like that. From this interaction with the LCS, the earth is not a farm for the power source of some other being.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:35 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_LRRht ... .be&t=5556
Donna mentions at the end of this video that all questions on this thread have been answered, yet a couple of my questions haven't been asked (apparently on purpose, as questions before and after those skipped have been asked) and of other forum members as well.

I don't understand why that is...also why Tom now that he's retired and more or less stuck in his house due to Covid19 apparently hasn't got time to check in on the forum anymore or answer YouTube comments.
Of course I understand he's under no obligation to answer any questions or post here, but at least offer a plausible excuse for that...lack of time doesn't cut it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:49 am 

Hi TOM an TEAM!

After 15 years of exploring consciousness through intellect and intuition using one nudge/guide/friend/book/video/OBE after another, I believe I am finally home. I watched many many MBT videos that resonated with my experiences and filled my gaps of interest, but now my awareness has shifted and would appreciate any information that might help answer the same questions I had ever since I can remember. Thank you ALL VERY MUCH!

Questions for the monthly Fireside Chat sessions:

Who is behind the curtain/projector?

Does Subjectivity and Objectivity exists?

Consciousness exists, means "MAGIC/SOURCE/DEITY/DIVINITY/GOD" still exists, you see?

Where does the source exists? Does the source exist in an objective place?

When all parts of the whole return to source, will the whole become part of the source once again?

"Raw" source vs evolved source, does that exist?

How infinite is source and is evolution infinite?

Last edited by CConsciousness on Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:07 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_LRRht ... .be&t=5556
Donna mentions at the end of this video that all questions on this thread have been answered, yet a couple of my questions haven't been asked (apparently on purpose, as questions before and after those skipped have been asked) and of other forum members as well.

I don't understand why that is...also why Tom now that he's retired and more or less stuck in his house due to Covid19 apparently hasn't got time to check in on the forum anymore or answer YouTube comments.
Of course I understand he's under no obligation to answer any questions or post here, but at least offer a plausible excuse for that...lack of time doesn't cut it.
Hi, just wondering which of your questions Tom hasn't answered? I might take a crack at them. Cheers, Shirshir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:56 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

@Shirshir
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9137&p=113293#p113293
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9137&p=113461#p113461

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:50 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Quote:
@Giuseppe Sebastian

Your last question is addressed by Tom in this fabulous conversation with Evita Ochel on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66roUb1YqNw&t=1719s
That's a disastrous conversation in which Tom espouses his vegan beliefs. Not only he confuses essential nutrients that must be obtained through diet like vitamin B12 with stuff that the body produces itself like adrenaline and insulin saying that if it produces those 2, then it can produce B12 as well. He also claims that animal protein and animal foods in general are substandard nutrition, when in fact all the evidence points to the opposite. He also says that cows and steers are big, muscular animals and they got like that just from eating grass, so we humans don't need meat for protein to build muscle. Using that absurd logic, there's plenty oxygen in the ocean, fish use it, why don't humans live underwater then? :)) If you look at Tom in 2008 (https://www.gaia.com/video/path-afterli ... er=preview go to min 2:01) before he went vegan and then 10 years later (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_yGxALSRY go the second half, where he's in a t-shirt), you'll notice that despite having an exercise routine, he gained quite a bit of a belly and appears more gaunt in the face.

This leads to a question: how can Tom on one hand come up with a brilliant theory like MBT and on another hand justify veganism with logic such as: steer eat grass, steer are muscular, therefore humans can pretty much do the same. It's like the logic of Einstein and that of a 7-years old in the same person.

Hi Pipeman84:

Let me attempt this one. When Tom speaks, he speaks from his personal experience. I sometimes find some issues with what he says but mostly not a lot. I guess we just got to accept the fact that Tom is just another human being and he's not perfect and he doesn't know everything about everything. Maybe a vegan diet is one of HIS beliefs and he doesn't realise it. Back in 2015, I emailed Tom and asked if he knows he's holding any beliefs he would like to change. His reply was that he wouldn't know because otherwise it would be an oxymoron.

I know another man, who was considered an 'enlightened' man called UG Krishnamurti. He ate the most bland diet. UG has passed away now but he was quite famous in the 70s, 80s and 90s and he many interviews which you can find on youtube. Like Tom, I find UG very authentic. If you listen to UG speak, it's very similar to Tom in some ways.

On the other hand, you have the Eskimos that ate mostly meat and fat and very little fruit and vegetable. Tom also said Bob Monroe was a junk food junkie. That didn't prevent Bob from going out of body. I guess you can survive on anything. Just don't let your beliefs limit you. Just do what works for you. I personally eat a pretty average diet.

Hope the above helps. I presume you were born in 1984?

Regards,
Shirley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:11 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Tom has said several times that today's society has more fear than 60 years ago, giving as an example how he as a boy could ride his bike all day long without his parents getting concerned whereas today we have helicopter parenting.
Surprisingly, he appreciates as an evolution the world's response to Covid-19....suddenly the world allegedly cares about old people and to hell with economy and personal freedoms, the old folks in care homes are a priority.

But when we contrast how the world responded to 1968-1969 'forgotten' Hong Kong flu pandemic isn't it obvious we're now much more fearful than back then? Why does Tom agree that we've become more fearful when raising children but not so regarding response to a pandemic?

https://www.aier.org/article/woodstock- ... a-pandemic
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/ ... -pandemic/
Hi Pipeman84:

I cannot speak for the 1960s since I wasn't born yet. Unless you were born before that time and experienced it first hand. Tom was born in 1944, I suppose he's able to speak more from his personal experience.

My dad (and my dad's generation) used to tell me that he was able to wonder about by himself on the streets and not worrying when he was young. But nowadays parents are far more nervous about their children being out of their sight. I guess there's a cultural shift. Probably, there's more media exposure about children being abducted or kidnapped now a days. In developed countries people also have less children now. I'm not sure if this is the case in developing countries like India and etc. I guess, culture changes makes a difference on what people are more fearful about at a particular time.

Not sure how to answer your last question. COVID is a corona virus, which is a virus that we know less about than the influenza virus. I don't know what it was like in the 1960's with the HK flu but I find that people today are pretty fearful (maybe concerned is a more appropriate word) about COVID. The government is especially concerned because 1) We don't know much about it 2) It's more contagious than the flu 3) It has a higher death rate than flu 4) More people needs to be hospitalised if infected and more people ends up in ICU --> more healthcare costs and danger to healthcare workers 5) unknown potential for the virus to mutate and become even more virulent 6) There's current no corona virus vaccine so have to make one up from scratch 7) not to mention the economic costs and social unrest associated with it.

I got the swine flu in 2008 or 09 which made me had a high fever for 10 days and a cough for 2 months afterwards. So i'm not keen on catching this one!

Hope the above helps a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:23 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

@Shirshir
Quote:
Let me attempt this one. When Tom speaks, he speaks from his personal experience. I sometimes find some issues with what he says but mostly not a lot. I guess we just got to accept the fact that Tom is just another human being and he's not perfect and he doesn't know everything about everything. Maybe a vegan diet is one of HIS beliefs and he doesn't realise it. Back in 2015, I emailed Tom and asked if he knows he's holding any beliefs he would like to change. His reply was that he wouldn't know because otherwise it would be an oxymoron.
That's my conclusion too.
Quote:
Indeed

Regarding Covid19: Yes, it's a new strain of corona family of viruses, it's not new in the sense it's totally alien genetic material and therefore we have no clue about it. When Tom makes an extraordinary claim like the global response to this virus is a sign of human evolution, then it requires extraordinary evidence. Because mostly we're seeing behavior derived out of fear and involution.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:50 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
@Shirshir
Quote:
That's my conclusion too.
Quote:
Indeed

Regarding Covid19: Yes, it's a new strain of corona family of viruses, it's not new in the sense it's totally alien genetic material and therefore we have no clue about it. When Tom makes an extraordinary claim like the global response to this virus is a sign of human evolution, then it requires extraordinary evidence. Because mostly we're seeing behavior derived out of fear and involution.
Corona virus is not a completely new virus but we currently don't have a vaccine against it. Don't think it's been studied as much. Unlike many other viruses such as rabies, pox, influenza and many others that already have a working vaccine. It would be much much scarier if it was a completely new virus. I'm not sure what's your background. I have a veterinary science background, so I did spend some time studying zoonoses and virology and etc. I guess scientists could have started studying the corona virus after the SARS I epidemic in China and the MERS virus outbreak but they didn't. Guess there wasn't much money involved.

I have to give credit to that there's been kinda of an international collaboration and cooperation that's never happened before. 1) When China first isolated the virus, it sent the sample to Germany and had the virus genome decoded and shared it with the rest of the world. 2) WHO gave updates and advice on the virus. No matter how unreliable the information was, gotta give it credit for first try. 3) There are international websites that track the virus no. so people all around the world can get information on the current status 4) Medical U-tube channels are sharing their understanding, experiences on the front line and research on the virus with those who are interested in watching (don't think this has ever happened before. 5) When Italy was very severely struck by the virus, China sent a medical team to Italy to help. China also sent many medical teams to other European nations to pass on its experience. But due to the cultural difference, many things were harder to practice in Western countries.

All in all, despite many holes and short comings and down falls, I think this is not a bad first attempt for humanity to work together.

I see you do quite a lot of critical thinking and can be quite critical. You sound like an INTJ.

Hope the above has helped you see some positivity in humanity.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:42 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I often wonder how much body leads and mind follows. If you have a broken leg obviously you need to stick by the ruleset and follow what the body can do but when it comes to anxiety or some other neurological problem that might be inherited in your family/culture genepool how much is the mind leading?
I understand there would be more probability in changing the condition with intent as it is an unseen problem at some stage but could these types of conditions be more likely hardwired and follow the biology rather than consciousness quality ? .
Or is it a result of the outside changing the inside. The way tech has exploded and the brain/senses are overworked I can see it as a mind changing brain matter thing as we are yet to evolve physically to deal with this.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
I often wonder how much body leads and mind follows. If you have a broken leg obviously you need to stick by the ruleset and follow what the body can do but when it comes to anxiety or some other neurological problem that might be inherited in your family/culture genepool how much is the mind leading?
I understand there would be more probability in changing the condition with intent as it is an unseen problem at some stage but could these types of conditions be more likely hardwired and follow the biology rather than consciousness quality ? .
Or is it a result of the outside changing the inside. The way tech has exploded and the brain/senses are overworked I can see it as a mind changing brain matter thing as we are yet to evolve physically to deal with this.

Hi Wearone010:

Let me try answering your question.
So there are two variables here: the mind and the body.
1) Constraints on the body are the ruleset, mainly speaking your genetic make up, environmental factors etc. The tighter the ruleset the lesser probability for change.
2) Constraints on the mind are the beliefs.

So how much the body leads and the mind follows OR the mind leads and the body follows depends on the interaction of the above two constraints. For the average people who doesn't know about the power of the mind, the body may lead. Or, if they are so stuck in their beliefs but are unaware, they might not even realise that their belief is contributing to the shaping of their body.

On the other hand if you are trained to believe that the mind can manipulate matter (the ruleset) you will be able to have more room to manipulate the body with your mind intentionally. For example, the Tibetan monks who are trained in meditation from a very young age are able to perform amazing feats with their bodies. Whim Hoff (the iceman) can run on the Alps only wearing shorts is an other example. He's trained his body with his mind using his breath so can stay in ice water for long periods of time. For someone like me, who hates winter and is a cold frog; it's going to be much harder for my mind to lead my body for a run in the middle of winter wearing only a summer dress.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 172 73 74 75 76 Next