Return Home
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I listened to the interview yesterday.

The interviewer was very understanding of what Tom was saying.

By the way Tom, do you never get tired of telling your background every time? :p
You should be pretty good at it now at least :)

But I guess there is no other way, it is important to someone completely new to you.

Good interview!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I listened to the interview yesterday.

The interviewer was very understanding of what Tom was saying.

By the way Tom, do you never get tired of telling your background every time? :p
You should be pretty good at it now at least :)

But I guess there is no other way, it is important to someone completely new to you.

Good interview!
I always wonder the same thing. In fact, I rarely listen to the beginning of interviews, because I know the first part of the interview will be the same questions and and answers as the others. I just listen to the interviews, because I think that perhaps there may be some other questions that Tom is asked that I haven't heard asked before. I'm sure that's why most people listen too..... :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I really liked this interview, focused, informative and no fluff. This is a very good interview!

Personally, there is one particular comment that resonates with me and even though I have heard Tom say it many times, it still stands out for all the obvious reasons, at times I forget.

Here are the above mentioned comments, Tom says basically the same thing close to the beginning of the interview and then once again close to the end.

"If you don't experience it, you don't really understand it."

"Interpretation is personal, it has to do with your own experience base, you can only interpret things that you've experienced"

Gerik

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I really liked this interview, focused, informative and no fluff. This is a very good interview!

Personally, there is one particular comment that resonates with me and even though I have heard Tom say it many times, it still stands out for all the obvious reasons, at times I forget.

Here are the above mentioned comments, Tom says basically the same thing close to the beginning of the interview and then once again close to the end.

"If you don't experience it, you don't really understand it."

"Interpretation is personal, it has to do with your own experience base, you can only interpret things that you've experienced"

and of course the interview will only be as good as the interviewer :)

Gerik

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've got an idea, see what you started Montana ;). Perhaps the interviewer could "be required" to understand, and then read, a synopsis of Tom the guy, then Tom the consciousness explorer, and finally his model of reality at the start of the interviews. That way it will require the interviewer to do what good interviewers do, learn as much as possible about their upcoming guests (just like when applying for work, learn as much as you can about the employer), and lead to more efficient communication during the interview. What does anyone think?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Of course you're right, Bette. But this won't be an ideal world until 2012 ;-)

PS You're missing a "U" out of "All is Consciousness". Is that because "Consciousness" is only "I"? I reckon it's U2.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Of course you're right, Bette. But this won't be an ideal world until 2012 ;-)

PS You're missing a "U" out of "All is Consciousness". Is that because "Consciousness" is only "I"? I reckon it's U2.
Shazam vzam, good eye. It was a error, funny, hm...Oh yeah, my moron excuse, oops.
Love
Bette