Doug Parks Science for Life August 12TH 9AM PST Live

User avatar
Specialis Sapientia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1233
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Doug Parks Science for Life August 12TH 9AM PST Live

Post by Specialis Sapientia »

I listened to the interview yesterday.

The interviewer was very understanding of what Tom was saying.

By the way Tom, do you never get tired of telling your background every time? :p
You should be pretty good at it now at least :)

But I guess there is no other way, it is important to someone completely new to you.

Good interview!
User avatar
vestal
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Doug Parks Science for Life August 12TH 9AM PST Live

Post by vestal »

specialis_sapientia wrote:I listened to the interview yesterday.

The interviewer was very understanding of what Tom was saying.

By the way Tom, do you never get tired of telling your background every time? :p
You should be pretty good at it now at least :)

But I guess there is no other way, it is important to someone completely new to you.

Good interview!
I always wonder the same thing. In fact, I rarely listen to the beginning of interviews, because I know the first part of the interview will be the same questions and and answers as the others. I just listen to the interviews, because I think that perhaps there may be some other questions that Tom is asked that I haven't heard asked before. I'm sure that's why most people listen too..... :)
User avatar
ubik
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:37 am
Contact:

Re: Doug Parks Science for Life August 12TH 9AM PST Live

Post by ubik »

I really liked this interview, focused, informative and no fluff. This is a very good interview!

Personally, there is one particular comment that resonates with me and even though I have heard Tom say it many times, it still stands out for all the obvious reasons, at times I forget.

Here are the above mentioned comments, Tom says basically the same thing close to the beginning of the interview and then once again close to the end.

"If you don't experience it, you don't really understand it."

"Interpretation is personal, it has to do with your own experience base, you can only interpret things that you've experienced"

Gerik
User avatar
vestal
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Doug Parks Science for Life August 12TH 9AM PST Live

Post by vestal »

ubik wrote:I really liked this interview, focused, informative and no fluff. This is a very good interview!

Personally, there is one particular comment that resonates with me and even though I have heard Tom say it many times, it still stands out for all the obvious reasons, at times I forget.

Here are the above mentioned comments, Tom says basically the same thing close to the beginning of the interview and then once again close to the end.

"If you don't experience it, you don't really understand it."

"Interpretation is personal, it has to do with your own experience base, you can only interpret things that you've experienced"

and of course the interview will only be as good as the interviewer :)

Gerik
User avatar
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 9999
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Contact:

Re: Doug Parks Science for Life August 12TH 9AM PST Live

Post by bette »

I've got an idea, see what you started Montana ;). Perhaps the interviewer could "be required" to understand, and then read, a synopsis of Tom the guy, then Tom the consciousness explorer, and finally his model of reality at the start of the interviews. That way it will require the interviewer to do what good interviewers do, learn as much as possible about their upcoming guests (just like when applying for work, learn as much as you can about the employer), and lead to more efficient communication during the interview. What does anyone think?
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
vzam
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Doug Parks Science for Life August 12TH 9AM PST Live

Post by vzam »

Of course you're right, Bette. But this won't be an ideal world until 2012 ;-)

PS You're missing a "U" out of "All is Consciousness". Is that because "Consciousness" is only "I"? I reckon it's U2.
User avatar
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 9999
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Contact:

Re: Doug Parks Science for Life August 12TH 9AM PST Live

Post by bette »

vzam wrote:Of course you're right, Bette. But this won't be an ideal world until 2012 ;-)

PS You're missing a "U" out of "All is Consciousness". Is that because "Consciousness" is only "I"? I reckon it's U2.
Shazam vzam, good eye. It was a error, funny, hm...Oh yeah, my moron excuse, oops.
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
Post Reply

Return to “Tom's Interviews, Lectures, and Workshops”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests