Return Home
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:44 pm 

Hello,

I bought the Flac audio files of Hemi Sync: Journey out of the body. I also bought a studio headphone. I heard one should use studio headphones.

I cannot sleep on my back so to fall asleep, I must lay on my side. The problem is falling in sleep with a big headphone on is kind of difficult. So what I do is: when I am tired I lay on my back and don't move any mussel until my entire body feels numb or rock solid. I typically lay in position for around 2 hours or so. Physically I might sleep but mentally I am awake.

I am currently still working with Condition A. I read that with Condition A, a person should fall in the hypnogogic state, the state between sleep and awake.

So last night I tried something different. I did my normal approach laying on my back a few hours and then I took off the headphone and played the music (binaural beats) on the speaker while laying on my side. Within a few minutes, I was very tired and was slipping in and out of consciousness. I call this microsleep.

I wondered if a person feels very tired and slips in and out of consciousness. Is that the hypnogogic state? Note I did not have visions or heard voices. However, my limbs would jerk at some points.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello and welcome to the forum,
Jos Bos wrote: I wondered if a person feels very tired and slips in and out of consciousness. Is that the hypnogogic state?
No, this is not the hypnagogic state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

The hypnagogic state is commonly characterised by subtle to mild visual/auditory/sensory artifacts. One of the most common is the perception of luminescent floating clouds within the visual field. There are no discontinuities or slips on consciousness and you remain fully aware though passivity as an observer is important.
There is also "Exploding head syndrome" where loud noises are perceived within the hypnagogic state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

For a very rough idea on what mild visual artifacts look like, they are somewhat similar to those experienced when you close your eyes and gently press on your eyelids.

Hypnagogia may range from such subtle artifacts to full clear images and even conversations in your mind.
Jos Bos wrote:However, my limbs would jerk at some points.
This is called the "Hypnic jerk"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

It merely indicates you were on the cusp of falling asleep and were roused.

Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:47 pm 

"It merely indicates you were on the cusp of falling asleep and were roused."

Okay, but before one falls asleep he goes through the hypnogogic state right? Or is that not mandatory?
I am a little be confused right now

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Jos Bos wrote: Okay, but before one falls asleep he goes through the hypnogogic state right? Or is that not mandatory?
I am a little be confused right now
To be clear, the hypnagogic state is predominantly encountered during dominant Alpha brain waves with the onset of Theta. Strong Alpha brain wave patterns generally indicate that a person is deeply relaxed but NOT asleep. Passing through this state is NOT mandatory but it can be easily induced with full waking consciousness through physical/mental relaxation and passivity.

Whether you pass through the Hypnagogic state depends on a number of variables. If you are referring to the process of falling asleep at night then generally sleep onset is fairly rapid and you don't experience the hypnagogic state as the transition into Theta and Delta is fairly rapid. You are far more likely to experience it in the morning when you wake and lay in bed with your eyes closed resting there and passively observing with closed eyes.

Have you tried meditation? And no I don't mean the mantra chanting kind. Simple close your eyes and passively observe whats going on. Your thought processes etc and whats going on. Try to simply passively observe and minimise internal dialogue and it will come. For me, it averages about 10~20 minutes of passivation to invoke the state.

If you're using headphones, then you can try using binaural beats with Alpha wave components. If you try and invoke the state when you are physically or mentally tired, then you will likely fall asleep. Try it when you are more mentally alert, calm and relaxed but not tired.

Some resources that may help you further understand and hopefully experience it:
https://inacs.org/wp-content/uploads/Ar ... usness.pdf

There's also a two part doctoral thesis on Hypnagogia by Prof Andreas Mavromatis.
Volume 1:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... ItHmJwATyC

Volume 2:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... wa76FXJYqF

Its a comprehensive document however may be a difficult read for some without a medical background but quite likely the definitive investigation of the phenomenon.

Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:48 pm 

I bought the Hemi Sync JOOTB files after I heard Rubert Bruce suggesting those, In his Astral Projection video course.
He said that there are 4 files and at the end/completion the person should be able to go into the trance state at will.
But sadly there is not much information about those audio files and how to use them properly.

I came across this at the forum of Astral Dynamics.

"Enter the state bordering sleep. This is known as the hypnagogic state. Once again, Monroe doesn't recommend any method of doing this. One way is to hold your forearm up while keeping your upper arm on the bed, or ground. As you start to fall asleep, your arm will fall, and you will awaken again. With practice, you can learn to control the Hypnagogic
state without using your arm. Another method is to concentrate on an object. When other images start to enter your thoughts, you have entered the Hypnagogic state. Passively watch these images. This will also help you maintain this state of near-sleep. Monroe calls this Condition A."
If you are referring to the process of falling asleep at night then generally sleep onset is fairly rapid and you don't experience the hypnagogic state as the transition into Theta and Delta is fairly rapid
I need to enter into the awake-sleep state and stay conscious in this state without falling asleep. If I succeed in this. I can go to Condition B.

Q1 How can I enter into the awake-sleep state without rushing through it?

Q2 How can I extend the duration of this particular state?

Q3 Do you know other techniques one could do to train his self to go into trance at will?

Q4 You mentioned binaural beats with alpha components so thats basically "alpha binaural beats" right?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Jos Bos wrote:Rubert Bruce suggesting those, In his Astral Projection
Jos Bos wrote:Astral Dynamics
I advise EXTREME caution when it comes to Bruce's works. With an Engineering background, I personally could simply not tolerate more than approx 1/3rd of the 1st chapter. It is peppered with belief traps, pseudo-jargon and the onslaught is merciless straight from the beginning. Caution, NOT due to any potential untoward events, but the sheer volume of alt-belief hyperbole contained within the book.

I have personally experienced these things and stopped counting at about 800 events over a year ago. Very little of what Bruce claimed has transpired. There was no cord. There only ever once was a malevolent entity. There was no multi-dimensional/level strata... For the most part, it is perceptually identical to this reality though with a looser rule set. That's it.

But, individual experiences will differ...

So back on topic...
Jos Bos wrote: Q1 How can I enter into the awake-sleep state without rushing through it?
It can't be rushed. If you try, then you will simply find yourself laying in bed fully aware and "it" will never happen. The moment you try to "rush" anything, then you are no longer in a relaxed state and will likely become agitated that the desired effect didn't happen.

The trick is to capture the moment ON WAKING. Once you can capture it on the waking process, then capturing it on the INDUCTION will be easier. You have to first identify the precursors to entry before you try to wilfully invoke them. Simply put, if you don't know what you're looking for then how can you force yourself to find it?

The very moment you have your first experience of either hypnagogia or complete separation then you will simply "know". Reproduction will take less effort because you will recognise the state as it happens.
Jos Bos wrote: Q2 How can I extend the duration of this particular state?
Through passivity. Simply lay there as an observer for a start. Once the state begins, then it will naturally deepen through passivity. Simply be an observer and focus on the fact that you are "Aware that you're observing". Thats it.
Jos Bos wrote: Q3 Do you know other techniques one could do to train his self to go into trance at will?
"At Will" probably not, but at the "Right moment" definitely YES.
https://www.obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf
Jos Bos wrote: Q4 You mentioned binaural beats with alpha components so thats basically "alpha binaural beats" right?
Original quote:
Martin_AU wrote:try using binaural beats with Alpha wave components.
Personally, I've found Pink Noise with Alpha wave frequency components mixed in to be quite effective in inducing the Hypnagogic state but that's just me. I would use such a track initially for meditation and subsequently while another forum member and myself performed RV experiments. You may also find that the effectiveness of certain tracks may vary over time.

Sincerely,

Martin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Google the 'Wake Back to Bed' or 'Wake Back to Sleep' method for OBE. I think this method is the most effective for beginners.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:06 am Google the 'Wake Back to Bed' or 'Wake Back to Sleep' method for OBE. I think this method is the most effective for beginners.
Couldn't agree more. Absolutely. It is simply explained: you sleep 4 hours or so first and then try the induction techniques. Always a recommendable strategy (would not call it a technique, just a strategy).

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The most important issue is breathing, while u breath out try to imagine urself breathing in and vice versa, get used to that rythm and u should be able to find a comfortable balance between letting go of ur thinking and a comfortable body rythm.

Remember, u want to breath in as u breath out at the same time so practice that

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:16 pm 

Personally, I've found Pink Noise with Alpha wave frequency components mixed in to be quite effective in inducing the Hypnagogic state but that's just me. I would use such a track initially for meditation and subsequently while another forum member and myself performed RV experiments. You may also find that the effectiveness of certain tracks may vary over time.

Sincerely,

Martin

Hello Martin,

I was wondering if you could share some of these files?
Maybe you can send a youtube link or send the files directly via wetransfer?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

https://filekilo.com/KS/256-100Pink_40min.mp3

Valid 30 days only

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:46 am 

Martin_AU wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:47 pm https://filekilo.com/KS/256-100Pink_40min.mp3

Valid 30 days only
Yes thank you, I had already searched on youtube but I noticed that in some files the pink noise was louder or softer than the alpha tones. So I was confused about which one to pick for optimal results.

I was wondering though are headphones strictly necessary while listening to this file. I would assume that is the case for the BB element of Alpha