Return Home
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Traveling Opens You Up
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:25 am 

Hello,

I have just come from vacation on the Mediterranean beach in Europe.

Going back to "home" was different, and It changed myself.

I felt more in "home" there , than the old routine in the interior

Now my goal was to move into the beach because I feel way better there, than on the interior.

Why does my inner being like so much the beach?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Because you don't have the stress you have in your normal life. That's why it's a vacation!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:49 pm 

Sainbury wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:56 pm Because you don't have the stress you have in your normal life. That's why it's a vacation!
Coming back to "home" was special.

I was going by train.

Hundreds and Hundreds of tiny villages in the middle of nowhere, with lots of people in there living their lives.

Thinking "Majority of these people would think that this tiny house is the center of the universe. Like I always did with my own little problems thinking I am big. I won't do that ever again. I will change and open up"

I don't have stress in my normal life. It's very nice & pleasant.

But we start to get used to a tiny little area in the whole planet, the whole omniverse... Wrongly self-identifying with it, and getting attached to it.

When you travel that belief gets broken.

You realize how many amazing wonderful new areas exist, and you can move/change there if you are really comitted to.

Big Picture

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Your post reminded me of this old video, Powers of 10: https://aeon.co/videos/the-classic-1977 ... erspective

Opening at the scene of a picnic in a Chicago park, then gradually zooming out to encompass a view 100 million light years away before magnifying down again to a single proton, this classic 1977 short documentary by the legendary husband-and-wife design team Charles and Ray Eames uses exponential powers of ten to contextualise the scale of the known universe and chart the limits of human understanding. An ‘adventure in magnitudes’, Powers of Ten has been used to teach millions and millions about the cosmos and the microcosmic, and remains an extraordinary journey nearly 40 years later.

Which was the inspiration for the opening scene of Contact https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWwhQB3TKXA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

UltimateExplorer wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:25 am Hello,

I have just come from vacation on the Mediterranean beach in Europe.

Going back to "home" was different, and It changed myself.

I felt more in "home" there , than the old routine in the interior

Now my goal was to move into the beach because I feel way better there, than on the interior.

Why does my inner being like so much the beach?
The beach like a view becomes the normal and the now home becomes somewhere you want to get away from for a vacation. It's not the place but the inner perspective you have. I live near the most beautiful beach and I know.