Return Home
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:39 pm 

Excited to participate with group. The subject matter is broad and deep :)

I will come at this from an NDE perspective, but endeavor to be as open-minded as humanly possible.
Brief Summary of Tom Klim’s NDE:
• Happened while in college (1971/72) (before NDE’s were a thing).
• Heart rhythm issues.
• Woke up out of body during sleep hurtling through space at a high speed towards a light/destination.
• As I approached the destination I felt an overwhelming sense that my (small) self would explode into dissolution (the closing down or dismissal of an assembly – interesting dictionary definition).
• Slammed on the brakes and pulled back on the rapid acceleration to the destination.
• Woke up.
• Left with an inextinguishable yearning to understand God and the universe – basically “what are we?”.
• Spent a ton of time in the college library reading everything I could to get a deeper understanding of God.
• Searching ever since – 1) ontological idealism and its variants, 2) quantum physics, 3) spirituality (in all of its forms), but I found my home with, 4) those that have experienced NDE’s.

• Summary of 50 Years of Searching - my deepest learnings/understandings/knowings:
1. LOVE is the essence of everything including God.
 Time is an illusion (starting pointer to the deeper reality).
 Motion is an illusion (very strong pointer to the deeper underlying reality).
 Physicalism is an illusion.
 For things to appear to happen there needs to be an apparent duality and a story line.
 We are here to grow LOVE into this apparent physical level on this story journey.
 We are on a journey to continue to know more and more and always will be (time is not real).
 The universe is a story generating engine.
 The horrible things that happen in this apparent physical world are beyond my limited human ability to comprehend.
 There are many different forms of meditation – they aid us on our journey – give us strength.
 Don’t believe anything at any time – belief is one of the greatest faults in human thinking and the cause of much suffering in the world.
• “Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.” Maynard James Keenan
• “The truth was a mirror in the hands of God. It fell, and broke into pieces. Everybody took a piece of it, and they looked at it and thought they had the truth.” Rumi
 There is something more. This is not the end. We are made of LOVE. We are sustained by LOVE. We are always in that LOVE. Timeless. Endless.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome, foundittom !

I've not had an NDE, myself, but in 1995 I attended two public venues featuring Dannion Brinkley, who was promoting his book of his (first) NDE. My intellect has lead me to some interesting topics in my life.

I read Tom's trilogy in 2009 and it made perfect sense to me. That is why I joined this site.

Robert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Greetings, Eban Alexander's Proof of Heaven was a "bread crumb" that led me to this forum. In it he mentions Robert Monroe. Campbell was an explorer at the Monroe Institute. I took a "deep dive" into NDEs.

I like your reference to "beliefs". Elias suggests that one approach to dealing with beliefs is to accept them rather than "believe" in them. This approach has proven to be an entropy reducer for me.

My approach (or guidance?) has been to study different models of reality contrasting them against my experiences to understand what happened. Accepting them all has proven to be beneficial. I have not "solved the riddle" but it has been quite an interesting journey. Regards, John

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome to the forum. :)

You have a fascinating perspective. I too have a deep desire to learn what I/we are.