Return Home
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Hi there!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:57 am 

Hi,

Good to meet you guys,

I had a quick question if you'll oblige me,

I was wondering through Tom's old forum posts and in one of the diet related ones he mentions that he found better clarity by cutting out processed sugar, high GI foods, processed foods and so and recommends doing so by checking the nutritional content of any food you might pick up at the store and checking to see if there is sugar listed, I was wondering if anyone knows if he means this advice to apply to all food -- I had a look at Ezekial bread (one which he recommends) and in my looking at my online option, it has 4~ grams per serving. Eggs meanwhile have a gram or so, plain yoghurt again has something like 5-7 grams. So are these foods given a pass in the likeness of fruits and vegetables as per Tom's advice?

Post subject: Re: Hi there!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't know about the bread. Maybe it didn't have so much refined sugar when Tom wrote the post. I think Tom suggested that bread because it is a sprouted bread.

Tom is referring to the refined sugar that is put into almost all processed food. Sugar occurring naturally in foods is OK within reason. Eating nothing but pineapple all day, which is very high in fructose, would probably have the same effects as eating refined sugar all day.