Return Home
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:45 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

From my studies of Tom's work that question has arisen in my mind a few times. As far as I understand the history of the system, it was once only itself and in the beginning it had fear. But, as time ticked away it became love and in that state is when it decided to break apart into multiple units. I wonder, how was the system able to achieve that when it was all love? Shouldn't it logically only be able to copy itself or break off a piece of its already loving core for a low entropy start. How is it able to start us at a midpoint when the system itself is evolved past it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You say “in the beginning it had fear”. I imagine you mean that it was disorganised and thus couldn’t get its act together. Fear is something animals (and humans) experience to save them from being hurt or eaten – it evolved in a planetary environment because it is very useful and works well.

The MBT model of continuously evolving to avoid falling back into chaos (which it calls fear) suggests that an inherent property of Consciousness is entropy – if no effort is made, its organised state (which MBT calls Love) is gradually lost. Consciousness is thus not “free” – it is obliged to better itself. This suggests that behind the MBT model is something that created Consciousness; however, it can never be known.

So far as FWAUs are concerned, they would often appear to be the more disorganised elements of the IOUC, which need to be refined and brought up to standard. This is not always the case – sometimes very kind and loving people are born, and people with great skills (e.g. musical geniuses).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Time discusses the beginning of the LCS and time here:

The Origins of Consciousness; a New Look at MBT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUpPdFi7ZtQ

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11073&p=102956&hil ... T#p102956

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:08 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks guys. Tom once said on here "back when the proto LCS was a fearful whippersnapper", so that's where I got the idea of the system being fearful in the early days.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:23 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I see the answer now Sainsbury, thank you. The breaking apart of the LCS happened when it was still in its infancy. Hence, why it was not the same as it is now. This makes more sense to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If you’d like to begin to understand the difference between Love, Fear, Fearlessness, bravery, and blatant stupidity, in an avatar of pure Egoism this is a good place to start.

Timothy Treadwell.
Tom has addressed these distinctions before.