Return Home
It is currently Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

12:53 How do you find ego? Just look at your feelings. Look at your emotions. If you feel unhappy, if you feel angry, if you feel upset, if you feel anxious,
all of the things that we see as negatives. If you feel irritated, that's because of ego. You can take that feeling and you can trace that feeling back to a fear. Why am I angry? Well, I'm angry because she said this and that and that's just not fair, so I'm angry. Well, what's the fear behind that? No, you're not angry because what she said. You choose to be angry because of what she said. Number one, take responsibility for how you feel. Nobody makes you angry. You choose to be angry. Nobody makes you upset. Nobody makes you anxious. Nobody irritates you. You choose those things in a reaction to something else, but it's your choice.

How Do I Change Myself at the Being-Level?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaqtXar ... omCampbell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:09 am 12:53 How do you find ego? Just look at your feelings. Look at your emotions. If you feel unhappy, if you feel angry, if you feel upset, if you feel anxious,
all of the things that we see as negatives. If you feel irritated, that's because of ego. You can take that feeling and you can trace that feeling back to a fear. Why am I angry? Well, I'm angry because she said this and that and that's just not fair, so I'm angry. Well, what's the fear behind that? No, you're not angry because what she said. You choose to be angry because of what she said. Number one, take responsibility for how you feel. Nobody makes you angry. You choose to be angry. Nobody makes you upset. Nobody makes you anxious. Nobody irritates you. You choose those things in a reaction to something else, but it's your choice.

How Do I Change Myself at the Being-Level?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaqtXar ... omCampbell

No, this is incorrect.

If we "feel irritated", then it is not due to Ego. It is due to the fact we have been REPEATEDLY DECEIVED.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The ego others may or may not have, is not an excuse for one’s own failings intentional or not.

To prove this to your self just take it to a higher level. Would you suggest to a victim of rape that they are only upset because of their ego? They are choosing to be upset about being abused?

What if the victim has no particular emotions regarding their victimization yet they intellectually understand that what was done or not done(negligence) was an incorrect(selfish) interaction?

Is it too much to ask for a no B.S. answer? Maybe even just a little effort put forth toward rectification?

Who is in ego here?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

VirtualBrain wrote: To prove this to your self just take it to a higher level. Would you suggest to a victim of rape that they are only upset because of their ego? They are choosing to be upset about being abused?

AKA Victim Shaming. "You allowed yourself to be deceived/(raped)/(taken advantage of/insert applicable victimhood here)... Despite the fact I was perfectly content in taking your money for my hobbies (Which I admit I know very little about hence why I need expensive consultants) ... Call it Good Will, or a Voluntary Tax Deduction (Is Tom registered as a beneficiary of Donations?")

Tom's lateset update video attests to the fact that even he doesn't know how to perform the experiments HE HIMSELF designed.

I guess it doesn't matter. If he couldn't be bothered considering the outcomes of a non-delivery on his promises then it obviously wasn't part of his considerations. You see, he has privileged access the Future Databases in the LCS so of course he knows how it's all going to play out... And as such our impertinent whinging over the lack of progress is obviously part of the larger plan which Tom has unfettered access too.

Well if Tom is indeed as good as he claims to be, then we'd have a response of some kind long before now. Because he has access to the Future Probabilities Databases of course.

But then, he doesn't answer to his donors/followers does he?

VirtualBrain wrote: Is it too much to ask for a no B.S. answer? Maybe even just a little effort put forth toward rectification?

Who is in ego here?

Yes quite frankly it is. Who he Hell are you to challenge Tom? One who has unfettered access to the LCS?
Be quiet and Be still, you impertinent, troublesome, loathsome, uneducated degenerate...
I have a PhD and I worked at NASA. So be quiet...

Seriously,

Doth I hear the chirping or crickets?
Utter silence?

Perhaps the LCS see's through all of Tom's B.S and is simply reminding Tom that "there are no exceptions to the rule"

The Rule being, that the moment the Curtain is lifted, then the Play/Spectacle loses value for all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Martin_AU wrote: "You allowed yourself to be deceived/(raped)/(taken advantage of/insert applicable victimhood here)...

Well maybe you’re right. I was wearing a really slutty outfit at the time. I was probably “asking for it”. lol ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

VirtualBrain wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:12 pm Martin_AU wrote: "You allowed yourself to be deceived/(raped)/(taken advantage of/insert applicable victimhood here)...

Well maybe you’re right. I was wearing a really slutty outfit at the time. I was probably “asking for it”. lol ;)

Well according to Tom "How do you find ego? Just look at your feelings. Look at your emotions. If you feel unhappy, if you feel angry, if you feel upset, if you feel anxious,
all of the things that we see as negatives. If you feel irritated, that's because of ego.
" and " Number one, take responsibility for how you feel. Nobody makes you angry. You choose to be angry. Nobody makes you upset. Nobody makes you anxious. Nobody irritates you. You choose those things in a reaction to something else, but it's your choice."

I guess Tom is saying "You took the bait and allowed yourself to be irritated". Its all rooted in Ego isn't it? It's nobody else's problem but yours as its all between YOUR ears.

Good luck explaining that one to victims of crime.

It's just a cop-out for defaulting on his promises and everyone aught see through it. There's some pointy questions being asked and what's bubbling down is self improvement cliche's and more you-tube videos.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Martin_AU wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:45 pm
VirtualBrain wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:12 pm Martin_AU wrote: "You allowed yourself to be deceived/(raped)/(taken advantage of/insert applicable victimhood here)...

Well according to Tom "How do you find ego? Just look at your feelings. Look at your emotions. If you feel unhappy, if you feel angry, if you feel upset, if you feel anxious,
all of the things that we see as negatives. If you feel irritated, that's because of ego.
" and " Number one, take responsibility for how you feel. Nobody makes you angry. You choose to be angry. Nobody makes you upset. Nobody makes you anxious. Nobody irritates you. You choose those things in a reaction to something else, but it's your choice."

I guess Tom is saying "You took the bait and allowed yourself to be irritated". Its all rooted in Ego isn't it? It's nobody else's problem but yours as its all between YOUR ears.

Good luck explaining that one to victims of crime.

It's just a cop-out for defaulting on his promises and everyone aught see through it. There's some pointy questions being asked and what's bubbling down is self improvement cliche's and more you-tube videos.

I agree with you Martin.

I was trying to entertain through humor. Not because of ego in relation to fear but because of ego as identity. It is who I genuinely am. I am a happy person but I have experienced sadness and fear and lots of negative things. I know what it is like. I have chosen to not experience my life in a negative way but many others have not chosen the same and that is the only sadness that I have left. That is my ego.

I am not personally hurt by anything Tom or anyone else has ever done even though I do recognize that he, for whatever reason has not made very good choices regarding how he’s handling or not handling this situation in my opinion. I understand that many people will feel hurt by this. Tom should understand that also.

This is a reality in which it is impossible to exist without impinging on others in some way but in my view it’s all for the purpose of learning. It can be quite fun and often Hilarious.

It is true that no one makes you feel anything, but that is not a justification for what is going on here and Tom should know it. However, some will never understand because they are on the path that takes them to a place of non-understanding and non-being, where there is ONLY self. Such a path would find everything here perfectly justifiable such as you suggest.

“I guess Tom is saying "You took the bait and allowed yourself to be irritated". Its all rooted in Ego isn't it? It's nobody else's problem but yours as its all between YOUR ears.”

Yes, That is how it appears. And it may certainly be so.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

VB, Martin, and others...

We have now gone into a new month ( november) and there is still NO MBT Experiments Update..
Last update was august 24th with another promise that the next update would happen within a "couple weeks"

Linda, this is really testing our faith in MBT and its principles ...my girl ...
Im not blaming you of course, you know ive always respected you dearly..
But my hope is you will " see the light" at some point and not blindly stay faithful to this charade ?

The fact that Tom does not read his own forum, is initself, reprehensible

Last edited by Brian50 on Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When Ted died, Tom should have made Sainbury the chief moderator. He retired her. However, she refuses to be retired, partly because other moderators have retired themselves. This speaks to her commitment, which I respect. Still, over the years, the problems with Tom's model have become apparent. Here are five (off the top of my head):
1. If he can access the Future probability database, why does he never do so, and why is it that nobody else can either. Where is the evidence that it even exists? (A possible future scenario is not the same as a future with a high computed probability).
2. 99% of people can't OBE to test his theories, in spite of binaural beats and all that, so for the 99%, his model must be taken on faith. Yet Tom says we should take nothing on faith (i.e. belief).
3. The problem of Time. For MBT, it's fundamental. For most who experience samadhi or NDE-type experiences, it is not. The latest theories like Loop Quantum Gravity also imply that Time is not fundamental.
4. The problem of digital reality. Some scientists are leaning towards analog computing in the future, saying that reality is not digital, but analog. Our minds don't have a "clock speed".
5. The idea that computers might become conscious. No. They're programmed. They simulate. How could silicon processors have inner life and a sense of self?

Having said that, if his experiments do eventually deliver the goods, his theories may be given a much-needed boost.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

vzam wrote: The idea that computers might become conscious. No. They're programmed.

I agree with you. The idea that computers might become conscious is ridiculous.

What is equally ridiculous is the idea that humans will ever become conscious. Humans are programmed.

Only consciousness is or ever will be conscious.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

VB wrote: "Humans are programmed"

Certainly it can be said we are programmed by evolution and by our culture. If this is wholly true, then we have no free will (another necessity in Tom's model bites the dust). I guess you're saying that Consciousness splits off into pieces to self-explore, and each one of us is one of those pieces.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

vzam wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:02 am VB wrote: "Humans are programmed"

Certainly it can be said we are programmed by evolution and by our culture. If this is wholly true, then we have no free will (another necessity in Tom's model bites the dust). I guess you're saying that Consciousness splits off into pieces to self-explore, and each one of us is one of those pieces.

Humans have free will within the confines of their programming(beliefs). Most do not know that their beliefs are programmed into them by the reality in which we are experiencing. Humans are extraordinarily limited in this level of experience. Humans(most) are barely conscious. They are more robot than a true conscious being.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYSEEtx38V0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So… whadda ya think? Place your bets. We’ve got full time paid people working on it now and three universities.

Maybe something will happen? Progress? I don’t want to get my expectations all excited but maybe things are happening? We shall see I guess. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

VirtualBrain wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:24 am

"...So… whadda ya think? Place your bets. We’ve got full time paid people working on it now and three universities.

Maybe something will happen? Progress? I don’t want to get my expectations all excited but maybe things are happening? We shall see I guess. :)... "

Well not to sound too negative or pessimistic :)
But for me nothing much has changed.. its just more of the same really,,, more promises, excuses, and the suspicion the continued delays are for some ulterior motive (s)..

Also the CUSAC website wasnt even updated this time to let everyone know about the experiments update,, Shows an even bigger urgency to get these new "promises" out there ..

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next