All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXTpMO ... omCampbell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Eric: So, this question arose when I was watching some documentaries about the situation in Syria, in the Middle East, about the terrible war. And recently Syria had a devastating earthquake on top of everything else. Thousands of victims could not receive help because of the political situation. The situation was beyond tragic. I watched so many innocent people suffer. It left me with a strong feeling of ‘why?’ Which is, of course, a question you've been asked many, many times. Why does the LCS allow such terrible things? And your answer usually boils down to something like, “The LCS is not some old man with a white beard sitting on a cloud playing with his pet people. We come here with free will and we create this situation for ourselves. And that's how we learn.”

I understand that, but I'm not sure I find that answer completely satisfying. For example, I work as a teacher. And I always make sure my students, regardless of their level, get presented with challenges. Challenges where they have a high probability - 80 to 90% - of succeeding and receiving positive feedback. And if they do end up making a mistake, they can quickly learn from that mistake and turn the situation back into something more positive. In other words, I see it as my responsibility as a teacher to make the learning process as pleasant, positive, happy, and rewarding for my students as possible.

If I present them with a situation which they feel is harsh and painful, then I see that as my mistake as a teacher. Similarly, we don't take a bunch of young children and leave them on their own in a room full of dangerous weapons. We don’t leave them on their own without any guidance and say, “Oh well, what they do is just up to them and their free will choices. If they end up slaughtering each other, that will be a good learning experience.” Of course, it's our responsibility as parents, and grown-ups, to put them in a situation that is constructive rather than destructive.

Sometimes for example when I look at the situation in Syria it doesn't seem like the LC S is doing the same with us – putting us in positive situations. Obviously, humans are creating massive suffering for themselves and each other. Why doesn't the LCS create a learning environment that is a bit less brutal and a bit more wholesome? In my view the LCS could do that and still preserve free will

Tom: Okay, you see it as your responsibility to make the learning process a pleasant, positive, constructive, happy, and rewarding for your students. That’s because you have the much easier job of teaching students facts. You are not teaching them how to ‘be,’ how to have better attitudes, and how to care for and love others. You are not teaching them how to love humans, to love dogs and cats, and everything else. You would have to teach them how to get rid of their fears and to be better human beings. You would have to teach your students not to just act like better human beings, but to be better human beings. You would have to teach your students to get rid of all of their religious dogmas, their social dogmas, their cultural dogmas, and their beliefs. If you tried to do those things, I think the school who employed you, the children's parents, and almost everybody else would tar and feather you. And you’d be run you out of town. So, those efforts would fail.

There's a difference between what's going on in this PMR, and the relationship between students and their teachers. The PMR is not about trying to learn facts. You're trying to teach your students facts. But if they are having problems learning you encourage them. You give them other, better examples. If you try and teach your students how to be, how to get rid of their fear, and how to grow up, that's going to create problems. The school, the parents, and everybody else in the system is going object. Because when you are using your judgement on helping students get rid of their fears. Parents, and the school system may disagree with you. They may think those fears are necessary to keep their children out of trouble. Or those beliefs you are trying to change may be the beliefs of the parents.

You want the LCS to be less brutal, more wholesome, and still preserve free will. But it is not the natural environment that is brutal. It is the humans that are brutal. How do you change the humans without overrunning their free will? They use their free will to be brutal. Now occasionally the environment is ruthless with earthquakes, tidal waves, hurricanes, and so forth. Those things happen, but that's just part of the rule set. It's just the nature of the rules here, and extreme weather can happen in any virtual reality that has evolved with a ruleset. Nature has evolved within the ruleset. You have a water cycle and sometimes that water piles up. And then a deluge happens someplace and floods an area. The same goes for wind, heat, no rain and all the rest. Extreme weather doesn’t happen all the time but one in 100,000 times it's going to cause damage to 10,000 people. But that one in a 100,000 thing happens eventually. And magma comes up from a volcano and a lot of people die. It's just part of the natural world. There are risks involved in a natural place, and I don't think you can create a functional, natural world where that's not the case.

Maybe you could create an unnatural world that you programmed. A world where natural disasters don’t happen. A world where the weather would only be what you program it to be. But if you set up a rule set with natural conditions and evolve a world, because you want your world to be natural not some kind of made-up space, then there will be natural disasters. If you want a world where people believe they are in a natural, physical space, then I don't think you could program the weather. So that’s the problem. It's not that the that the environment is so destructive that causes all the problems. People are destructive. That's the problem.

So how do you change the humans who are destructive without overrunning their free will? You can’t; that's the catch. These people choose to be brutal because they're not very grown-up. The reason that those naturally brutal things like earthquakes, tsunamis, and so on are so cruel is because people are not giving and caring. If when those natural disasters happened, we'd help the effected people before and after. The results would be different. If there were people helping residents get out before the disaster there wouldn’t be such a loss. If we'd cared about all those people we'd say, “Oh looks like a big storm is coming. Let's help get all the people out of Miami because there is going to be a big storm.” And then we'd all help to rebuild homes and businesses. Everyone would help the effected people get back on their feet. People would be helping anyone who needed it. So that natural disasters could be reduced to almost nothing. But most people are uncaring. “Yeah, why should I care? I didn't have an earthquake where I live. Weather other people are having doesn't bother me.”

This reality runs on money. There isn’t enough money allocated to help effected people get restarted. There isn’t enough money used to get people out of town before things happen, or to re-build everything. Societies in this virtual reality are money based and are all about control, power, and force. And if we're money-based, then we don't really care about poor people. Because poor people don't have much money. Therefore, those people are just not that important. If we were love-based, instead of money based, then the earthquakes, the volcanoes, and other catastrophes would have a minimum impact. Everybody in the world would get together and help put people’s lives back together.

Again, you can't prevent natural disasters. But you can be smart about issuing warnings, getting people out in time, and afterward rebuilding and relocating people as necessary. If you had all the world's resources to help, well shoot it's only what 10,000, 20,000, or 100,000 effected people. And we would have enough resources to redo people’s houses, re-build companies, and re-build factories. We would have enough resources to help people and businesses get back to where they were before the disaster. There's plenty of wealth and resources in the world to do that. Sometimes disasters happen and nobody was expecting it. And people died, and businesses were destroyed. You know life is risky sometimes. But all the survivors wouldn't necessarily have to crawl around in poverty for the next 10 years trying to figure out how to get their life back together. Those problems could be solved in a few months. We could find some other place for them to live, get them there, and give them jobs. and employment.

The problem is not that the Larger Consciousness System couldn’t do any better. The LCS can't do any better because we aren't any better. And it can't force us to be any better than we are. So that's the problem. It all boils down to us having a very low Quality of Consciousness. We don't help each other out; we don't care about each other. And that's what makes these disasters really big tragedies. Tragedies that wouldn't cause such suffering if this wasn’t a money-based world that valued power, control, and force over helping people. It's not the earth's fault. The Earth is just a natural environment with a rule set. And sometimes the rule set is going to result in natural disasters that will hurt people. But we could eliminate probably 90% of that damage if we all pulled together.

If there is an area in the Middle East that's seismically active, we should have sensors all over that area to warn them of a high probability an earthquake is about to happen. Well, we don't because sensors cost money. And no one is going to put sensors all around fault lines in that location because there isn’t enough wealth there to care about the people. We have sensors all along the San Andreas fault in Southern California. There are probably hundred million dollars in sensors there because a large earthquake there makes a big difference to us. But but over in Syria we don't because we don't care that much about Syrians to spend that kind of money there.

We have earthquake warnings, tornado warnings, and hurricane warnings here. And when storms or tremors start, we tell people to get out while they can. And the ones that stay, well that's their choice. That’s their risk to take. So, you know it's just the people in this reality that's the problem not the LCS.

Eric: Yes that that makes a lot of sense. I was watching what was happening in Syria, and I just had this this deep feeling of sadness. Of course, when you think about it humans created the war. So, if you say, “All right LCS just take war and natural disasters away. Make life easier and more pleasant for us.” But our reaction to wars and natural disasters is our feedback. We created the wars, so removing them means we wouldn't see ourselves as clearly.

Tom: Otherwise, the system says, “All right I'm going to help you people out. I'll make that earthquake go away and you’ll have all your buildings back.” That gets in the way of our growing up. We're not going to grow up as long as Daddy's going to take care of us. Children have to leave home and get along on their own -under their own steam. If they stayed home and lived in their parents' basement all the rest of their lives with free rent, free food, and so on they would never grow up very much. They have to get out and live life and make choices. And they need the results of those choices as feedback.

So, if Daddy always fixes things - the Larger Consciousness System - just comes in and takes all those natural things away from people, it would just interfere with people's growth. And how could the LCS do that and make reality look like a natural thing? We would have lots of storms and as soon as they got to land, they just stopped. That's not natural; it's unnatural. Then people would say, “How can I control that unnatural thing? If we all pray to the LCS is he going to protect us from natural disasters?” Then we go back 10,000 years ago when you prayed to God to protect you from earthquakes. And that's not going forward. That's actually going backward. You don't want to live under the auspices of daddy bailing you out when things get tough. You need to grow to the point that you are self-sufficient. And we need to care enough about each other that we help each other. We help those people who can't care for themselves. There's plenty of wealth in the world. Wars and natural disasters wouldn't even use 10% of that wealth if we had the desire to deal with the aftermath. So, it's really us that won’t go and fix things. Fixing things for us would just create another religion. And instead of growing up people would just pray. “I don't have to grow up. I can just I can pray and get what I want.” Having someone else solve everything doesn't work it. It just gives people a reality that's not quite as good as one that gives them challenges.

Eric: There was one thought that I wrote down to my own question. The more the system helps to create a softer, less challenging learning environment, the less significant and less deep the learning will be. The greater the challenge and responsibility, the greater the gain if successful.