Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:55 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 am 
Curator
Curator

Peter,

If you think about the elaborate 2 dimensional matrix attributed on the Michael site to the characteristics of souls of different 'ages' and 'levels', you will find that there is no counterpart to this in the MBT trilogy. In general while these web sites state that they have no dogma, they clearly do have an elaborate classification and structural description. Tom presents a model of The Consciousness Reality and how it functions, the cosmological viewpoint of a physicist. He deliberately bypasses this kind of description as 'entertainment'. It will not get you into a true understanding of where and how you as a 'resident' of PMR fit into the structure of reality. If this is not sufficient, ask Tom specifically again to clarify this further. Whatever you need to expand your understanding beyond this is likely to be provided by guidance from your own set of guides. I. e., if OOBE or other experience will teach you something you need, you will be guided to this, or to whatever will most likely improve your quality of being.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Chad, I didn't read the book but I saw the movie.
Some of you may know I am a Conversations with God enthusiast, and even more of you may be used to me making corrections by now, so here I am again to make a few more, since this subject is very near and dear to my heart. The first thing I would like to state, is, there are many more than just one Conversations with God book. There is the original trilogy, (books 1, 2 and 3) but then in addition there is Friendship with God, Communion with God, Tomorrow's God, What God Wants, Happier than God, Home with God (in a life that never ends), The New Revelations and a couple more I can't think of off the top of my head. I am not sure the movie can encompass all that is within these 3000+ pages, I cannot judge for certain as I have not yet seen the movie.
Quote:
Actually I did read selections of the book. I agree, much of it makes good sense and rings true. Walsh was channeling all right but not from the Big Cheese. There are a group of beings called "The Teachers" that flow information to chosen individuals for wider distribution. ...
Tom C
This is the only other correction I would like to make for now, the spelling of his last name is actually Walsch. Hopefully if people do keyword searches for Neale Donald Walsch the way I did, this thread will now come back.

Which reminds me to ask, of anyone who knows and may be reading this, why can't we keyword search using numbers? I've wanted to search on numerical terms such as 2012, 4Hz and Chapter 13, but the site will not allow it. I don't understand, why is that?

Thank you,
Lynda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Which reminds me to ask, of anyone who knows and may be reading this, why can't we keyword search using numbers? I've wanted to search on numerical terms such as 2012, 4Hz and Chapter 13, but the site will not allow it. I don't understand, why is that?

Thank you,
Lynda
You should be able to, I just did it.

Try again :-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is what it tells me when I search on 4Hz: "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: 4 hz. You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

So I tried Hertz and got "No posts were found because the word hertz is not contained in any post."

Although I agree, a search for 2012 does now yield results, thank you!

But when I search for Chapter 13, it tells me 13 was ignored, and yet it is highlighted everywhere it appears! There are a lot of results to a search for Chapter 13 so I tried to refine the search for just 13 and was told: chapter 13 13 ignored: 13 13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
This is what it tells me when I search on 4Hz: "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: 4 hz. You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

So I tried Hertz and got "No posts were found because the word hertz is not contained in any post."

But when I search for Chapter 13, it tells me 13 was ignored, and yet it is highlighted everywhere it appears! There are a lot of results to a search for Chapter 13 so I tried to refine the search for just 13 and was told: chapter 13 13 ignored: 13 13
This behavior has to do with the way phpBB code works - I know Duh! I'm personally used to Boolean logic and using that knowledge I tried to search on 'Chapter 13', for example. Your results were the same as mine. It's a limitation of the tool (code) as far as I can determine at this point.

I would suggest an upgrade to the code if available or to incorporate the Google search for the site functionality. I realize I have a limited view of the site's issues, from a user's perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:

I wrote "chapter 13" and got [ Search found 212 matches ]

Yes, it can't search on "4 hz", it's too short.

Try this:

Write this into google: site:my-big-toe.com 4 hz beat

There should be a few results, but click the blue link in italic in the bottom, there should be 29 hits.

Or you can just the search function and write: beats, hemi-synch, binaural beat and etc :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I searched "chapter thirteen" without the quotation marks and found a "fun" thread, you might like it Lynda. What do you what to know about chapter 13? Search "hemi sync", "binural beats", and maybe "brain wave" for stuff about hertz, okay? I think that will get you where you are going, I hope.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Note that your returns were all 'chapter', including 'chapter 13' - but not exclusively 'chapter 13'

Point being, that the code limits the preciseness of search.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What happens when you put a plus sign, like chapter+13, here is what:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: chapter+thirteen.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

http://websearch.about.com/od/internetr ... oolean.htm is this the rule-set this phbBB uses?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:22 pm 
Curator
Curator

To All,

Do an Internet search on phpBB from the bottom of the page and go to their site. Look around and you will find a section on dealing with the bulletin board, an instruction manual. It is not that helpful, as these things tend to go, but it should give some instructions and more details about how the search function works.

We are on the latest version of the Bulletin Board program at present. I have been able to search for what I want to find, in the general sense but not always.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Note that your returns were all 'chapter', including 'chapter 13' - but not exclusively 'chapter 13'
Point being, that the code limits the preciseness of search.
Thank you RBM for articulating this much more clearly and succinctly than I could have.

Thank you Ted for your suggestion to read the not so helpful instructions.

Please note, the specific interest I had was in searching on numerical terms. I will make do.

Bette, I wanted to see what others had to say about what made those workers gasp. I found what I was looking for by doing a keyword search for "gasp". Definitely fun stuff, glad I found it!

Thanks all for your help, interest and support. I really really like it here, can you tell?

Have a nice weekend,
Lynda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I really really like it here, can you tell?
Got off on a tangent and forgot what I came here to say.

Here is a limited preview of the New Revelations on Google Books:

http://books.google.com/books?id=nUMGaC ... q=&f=false

And here is Home with God (also a limited preview):
http://books.google.com/books?id=U6N8so ... q=&f=false

If anyone has read Home with God I would definitely like to start a discussion, maybe in Wud I Say, about how it lines up with MBT.

Love,
Lynda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Have you ever read the Urantia Book?
<snip>
The Urantia Book may be yet another of these tools for raising ones consciousness.
<snip>
I'm trying to find someone with a non biased viewpoint that has read it so I can hear their thoughts on it. I figured this would be a good place to look.
Today is Time Travel day.

I want to know - now that it's been a few years - what do you think of Urantia?

I am in the midst of it, and it is....beguiling.

A couple things:

It has a distinctively Mormon feel to it. Melchizedek, for example, turns up hundreds of times, and the Mdek's (for short) are given nothing short of hero worship in the book.

It is descriptive of wheels-whithin-wheels of hierarchy and bureaucracy.

It contains talk of "sin", courts, judges, the death penalty, and other things that are reminiscent of Christianity, and of earthly systems.

It also has a sort of Scientology feel to it, but I have no specifics at hand.

My sense of it, and of other writings, is that there are multiple genres of information that must be used to get at all the different people on the planet, and that this particular piece is reaching for the christians, mormons, and others who have an affinity for jesus, father god, angels, seraphim, cherubim, sin, etc.

Dunno. I came to MBT forum and searched "Urantia" and found that there is almost no discussion, which makes sense, since Urantia isn't MBT.

Still - it _is_ well within the interest-zone of MBT readers, so this isn't a stupid place to look for opinions.

Tom said he hasn't read it, so that avenue is closed.

What I am left with is my subjective sense of things. Same as it ever was.

I will finish reading it, and I would love to talk with you about your thoughts on it if you read it all.