Return Home
It is currently Wed May 12, 2021 5:46 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM Dr Robert Lustig UCSF

http://news.health.com/2010/03/20/high- ... -scarring/ Dr Manal Abdelmalek Duke U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi6fK1Pv ... re=related Radhia Gleis Austin Ingetrative Medicine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67NMir6K ... ature=fvwp Dr Vincent Bellonzi, Austin Wellness

Sugar, and all sweeteners except Barley Malt Syrup, according to Tom-not good
High Fructose Corn Syrup, which has virtually taken over those things used to be sweetened by sugar-really not good.

http://www.sweetsurprise.com explains on their website that HFCS is a natural food and safe.
Most researchers have come to a quite different conclusion.

I ate this unknowingly for years because I didn't research what I was eating, and at one time I was managing a law library by day and going to law school at night. Being broke,and time crunched, it seemed that fast food was the only option. I was considered a fairly educated person,reading everything in sight except labels.
Tom woke me up to the down side of sugar and sweeteners. I started reading labels.And questioning what HFCS really was.
An invaluable lesson. In France, I started eating better food. Interesting note:HFCS is illegal in France.

No wonder Dr Lustig and Dr Ludwig want to open a law firm. If more people put two and two together they may
discover a direct causation between this stuff and liver disease, and other things. Potential for one of the biggest class action law suits in
American history? Maybe.
Donna

Last edited by Keith at MBT Events on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good point. Gatorade has that I think. I was told that honey and fruits have great source of healthy sugars. That's what I try to eat, fruits till 5pm and try honey instead of sugar.

Claudio

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I suggested to a fellow student doing her project on obesity to research government subsidizing of corn for meat, corn for corn syrup, sugar, and milk production, and then see how that relates to what our children have pushed on them at school, flavored sweetened milk, meat, processed foods for her project. I am pretty sure that was one of my "conduct" "problems that is being projected onto my activity at school. The other thing, I think I've figured out, is the students and teachers may feel if I succeed is takes something away from them since I've been such a bad girl, in their eyes. The thing is that I have to be upfront about my past because if I ever say something smart enough to make a difference it will probably irritate someone else, and my past has to be an open book. Anyway, I'm pretty sure none of these references you put here Keith and Donna will be allowed used in class, too bad as this is very important. I think especially for our children, and what they are being fed in public school, much pun intended.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Claudio-

Honey is probably healthier, but unfortunately it affects the Central System as sugar does,tryOrganic Barley malt syrup,less cloying and better for you.

Bette-

I really agree with you as far as the school children,this should be the priority.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Claudio-

Honey is probably healthier, but unfortunately it affects the Central System as sugar does,tryOrganic Barley malt syrup,less cloying and better for you.

Bette-

I really agree with you as far as the school children,this should be the priority.
What is "cloying"? As far as the school children issue, dig dig dig, and plant a twig. I hope that is what I am doing, the twig part (I know I'm digging). I said it and the other student heard it, she thanked me, so there is that. There is always hope....:) Thank you Donna/Keith.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

cloying is excessively sweet tasting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I did not know that, thank you.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

After reading the posts about diet and sugar in the MBT discussion groups, I radically changed my diet. I have gone off of all sugar, caffeine, and processed food. My diet wasn't too bad before but this is a lot more pure than before.

I do put a little stevia in my morning tea. Any thoughts on stevia?

So far I don't see any difference in my consciousness. I've been doing it for about a month. I wonder how long it will take for my system to cleanse everything out?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Stevia is derived from a plant and has been used for thousands of years-no blood sugar spike to it,so should be OK.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sainbury,

it should take about 4 months. The change will be gradual over that time so you might not notice anything dramatic .... until you accidently get some sugar and you return to the state you used to live in all the time very quickly ... that difference will likely be dramatic.

I have not tested Stevia so I do not know whether that will negate the results of your experiment or not. I did test blue agave because that was supposed to not be a problem, but it was a problem just the same. Perhaps it was not pure like the label said, but there is no way to test that at home or when you purchase it. Barley malt is the only sweetener that I know of that, if taken in small amounts, causes no problem.

Be careful to read the ingredients of everything you ingest, one type of sugar or another is slipped into almost everything found in a grocery store -- same with perservatives and other chemicals. The idea is not to cut down, but to elliminate these things altogether.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Overkill maybe, but also another huge reason to avoid corn syrup is that the industrial processing that makes it often introduces mercury:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01831.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think in a near future, alcohol, sodas and other artificial creations will face what tobacco (mainly cigarettes, cause cigars are offering resistance) is facing now. With the internet, poisons can't hide.

Claudio

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Stevia is over 100 times sweeter than sugar but has very little effect on blood glucose
Maybe Tom will test it for an absolute answer because he would be the best to notice the sensitivity.
it also has some very intersting health benefits

Tom is so right. If I "treat" myself and I eat something that is Outside my normal diet which has a bad sugar content I can feel the effects quickly and it's no treat.
Unless you are eating a diet very low To 0 refined sugar etc you cannot tell the difference. The majority of the population is completely addicted to Refined sugar and caffeine. It is a huge detriment to interacting consciousy and damaging to your physical well being.

As the collective consciousness evolves these substances will probably go the same route as tobacco, I agree claudio.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

To go off of sugar and chemicals, I've tried to stop eating anything packaged. I do eat Stonyfield whole milk plain yogurt. The stevia has maltodextrin in it. I don't know how harmful that is. I did buy my own stevia plants and I understand you can boil it and make your own sweetener. It is quite a challenge eating this way. My friends think I'm nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sainbury,

Maltodextrin is not good. Read every label and Avoid sweeteners and chemicals and artificial colors and flavors all together, e.g., Eat plain yogurt instead. Once you get off sugar and your taste buds readjust, plain yogurt will have a pleasant sweet taste -- it will not have a sour or bitter taste. And things like grocery store bread will taste like cake does now and cake will taste like kerosene and make you feel awful within a minute or two.

Since your diet is not sugar free you should not expect much of a difference to occur. Some difference accrues to cutting back but most of the change you are looking for requires elimination. It can be done and you will enjoy your food more - you just have to struggle through the cultural transistion.

Tom