Return Home
It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted Vollers as well as others summed it up nicely...Meditation takes time to develop. I hate to tell you this, but I've been meditating for at least 2 and 1/2 decades daily(although I missed a few days here and there), and during the first 1/2 of those years, all I saw was "blackness" when I closed my eyes. I received no input. I had no visions, I had no spirititual communication, I received no messages whatsoever....But slowly over the years, I began more sensitive to subtle energies, and now I have visions in meditations, I communicate regularly in the spirit world in meditations, which includes hearing, seeing, sensing in the the non-physical.....Just go with it and have zero expectations and realize that it might take you hundreds if not thousands of hours of meditation to open youself up to a beautiful new world............. :). Perhaps it will take you less time than it took me, perhaps it will take more.

On the other hand, I've only had 1 out of body experience when I was younger. I've never done any astral traveling like Tom has.....I don't worry about it though, because I know it will come in time...As the saying says, when the student is ready, the Master appears..........(of course that's just one variation of that saying)....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I ran into a 9 part video called Reflections on Mediation by Charles T Tart, this was in video number 6:

SHINZEN MATHEMATICAL FORMULA FOR MEDITATION

Experience+Mindfulness+Equanimity---> Insight+Purification

Suffering= Discomfort X Resistance
................... Mindfulness

Satisfaction= Pleasure X Mindfulness
................... Grasping

from, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8uiP65C-k4&NR=1

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Charles Tart has put out some good stuff....I don't know where I'd be without Youtube :)

P.S.. I finally found an avatar that fits my personality...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

vestal wrote:P.S.. I finally found an avatar that fits my personality...
Chucky! Cute.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi and welcome to the forum :) I am happy to know you are here on this journey with us. I noticed a few things about your post here that caught my eye and perhaps pointing them out may help you. I hope so.
I don't have any expectations and don't get frustrated.
It seems that you do have expectations and one in particular is results in a short amount of time. One thing I have found that helps is to have a mindset of "I am" for eternity and during an eternity there is no rush or impatience. I think about it as having an eternity to get it right. :) Learn to let time go, you seem to be very attached to time.

I am very new to meditation as well and my biggest issue is that I have two jobs. I run a web hosting and programming business on the side and then work a full time job at a software company during the day. I have a very hard time clearing my mind :). I just accept it and meditate when I can using the same mentality of "I have an eternity to get it right".

Moving on I think that being on Earth in PMR is the most important thing to focus on. We are here to evolve through this PMR experience. Try focusing on your intent during PMR interactions and love love love. I think this may help to attract low entropy entities and perhaps speed up your progress.

http://www.malleablelight.net

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with dbmathis,
You need to get rid of your expectations. Having expectations are a trap and that can hold you back. I know that from experience.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:23 am 
Normal User
Normal User

vestal wrote:Ted Vollers as well as others summed it up nicely...Meditation takes time to develop. I hate to tell you this, but I've been meditating for at least 2 and 1/2 decades daily(although I missed a few days here and there), and during the first 1/2 of those years, all I saw was "blackness" when I closed my eyes. I received no input. I had no visions, I had no spirititual communication, I received no messages whatsoever....But slowly over the years, I began more sensitive to subtle energies, and now I have visions in meditations, I communicate regularly in the spirit world in meditations, which includes hearing, seeing, sensing in the the non-physical.....Just go with it and have zero expectations and realize that it might take you hundreds if not thousands of hours of meditation to open youself up to a beautiful new world............. :). Perhaps it will take you less time than it took me, perhaps it will take more.

On the other hand, I've only had 1 out of body experience when I was younger. I've never done any astral traveling like Tom has.....I don't worry about it though, because I know it will come in time...As the saying says, when the student is ready, the Master appears..........(of course that's just one variation of that saying)....
Cool, thanks for your input.

I'm beginning to lose interest in NPMR and my reasons for meditating have changed. I'm more interested in getting good at meditating to help with stuff in real life now. If I was meditating for direct experience with NPMR, my meditations weren't getting any better to the point of being a good thing and I had been doing it for 2 years I would most likely stop to make myself happier (Won't need to bother with it). - In a logical mind set, not a negative one.
dbmathis wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum :) I am happy to know you are here on this journey with us. I noticed a few things about your post here that caught my eye and perhaps pointing them out may help you. I hope so.
I don't have any expectations and don't get frustrated.
It seems that you do have expectations and one in particular is results in a short amount of time. One thing I have found that helps is to have a mindset of "I am" for eternity and during an eternity there is no rush or impatience. I think about it as having an eternity to get it right. :) Learn to let time go, you seem to be very attached to time.

I am very new to meditation as well and my biggest issue is that I have two jobs. I run a web hosting and programming business on the side and then work a full time job at a software company during the day. I have a very hard time clearing my mind :). I just accept it and meditate when I can using the same mentality of "I have an eternity to get it right".

Moving on I think that being on Earth in PMR is the most important thing to focus on. We are here to evolve through this PMR experience. Try focusing on your intent during PMR interactions and love love love. I think this may help to attract low entropy entities and perhaps speed up your progress.

Yea, my life is based on increasing my QoC. I get a lot of tests aswell.

Update on my meditations: There seems to be some progress, but nothing significant. Sometimes I have a significant meditations when I'm going to sleep, I guess it's because I have no expectaions at this point as It's just an additional daily meditation for the sake of it since I'm going to sleep. (Like everyone says)

Also, sorry for the lack of substance in my replies, I do read everything everyone says and take it on board.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:32 am 
Normal User
Normal User

A story from Hindu mythology --

There was a great god-sage called Narada. Just as there are sages among mankind, great Yogis, so there are great Yogis among the gods. Narada was a good Yogi, and very great. He travelled everywhere, often a messenger between earth and heaven

One day he was passing through a forest, and saw a man who had been meditating until white ants had built a huge mound round his body - so long had he been sitting in that position. He said to Narada, "Where are you going?" Narada replied, "I am going to heaven."
"Then ask God when He will be merciful to me ; when I shall attain freedom."

Further on Narada saw another man. He was jumping about, dancing and singing the name of God. He too asked, "Oh, Narada, where are you going?" His voice and his gestures were wild. Narada said, "I am going to heaven."
"Then, ask when I shall be free."

Narada went on. In the course of time he came again by the same road, and there was the man who had been meditating with the ant-hill round him. He said, "Oh, Narada, did you ask the Lord about me?"
"Oh, yes."
"What did He say?"
"The Lord told me that you would attain freedom in four more births."
The man began to weep and wail, and said, "I have meditated until an ant-hill has grown around me, and I have four more births yet!"

Narada went to the other man. "Did you ask my question ?"
"Oh, yes. Do you see this tamarind tree? I have to tell you that as many leaves as there are on that tree, so many times, you shall be born, and then you shall attain freedom."

The young man listened, and went into such ecstasy. He laughed and jumped and celebrated. He said, "So soon? Because the earth is full of trees, millions and millions, and just these leaves, the same amount? So soon? God is infinite compassion, and I am not worthy of it!"

It is said that immediately he attained. That very moment the body fell. That very moment he became enlightened.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:22 am 
Normal User
Normal User

:-) Good story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Dear h2Bh68N

Glad you found Sound of Silence interesting.
There are alot of free resources on Ajahn Sumedho --

http://www.dhammatalks.org.uk/index.php ... &Itemid=61

http://www.buddhanet.net/nowknow.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajahn_Sumedho
http://www.amaravati.org/abmnew/documen ... /cont.html

Another book you might find interesting is - Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.

Unfortunately there is no preview on Google Books --

http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=peF ... CC0Q6AEwAg

Perhaps you can find it at your local library. I found that it related well to my desire to reduce entropy and increase my QoC as being the main purpose of my existence.

One of my problems (I only recently realised that!) has been that I get enthused by something, want to do it, but set up goals that are too large and can't be reached and then I start losing interest. This book makes a few key pts that spoke to me -- set measurable, achievable goals. Have some way of getting feedback and then continue to increase the complexity as you meet your little targets. Eg for us as newbies, merely sitting for 20 mins twice a day continuously for 60 days might be the first goal etc etc

There's another book of the same author with a preview, I have not read it though -

http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=lNt ... ce&f=false

http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=bzm ... CCMQ6AEwAA

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi h2Bh68N.

I understand that you had some lucid dreams. That represents good progress. You should congratulate yourself for achieving this step.

You can check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4831 in order to attain in a steady basis the ability to lucid dream. I've given there my opinion.

One key element that works for everyone is persistence. I've been where you are but I'm stubborn so I sticked with it. I've had many wonderful experiences. I've been bored, angry, upset or any of the other symptoms you've presented. The moments that I've let go of any expectations about experiencing NPMR it happened. It is a paradox but it works. When the moment you are happy with where you are right now you infinitely accelerate and achieve what you wanted in the first place. Follow your intuition. Test whatever you can. Experiment. Have fun. If you become bored about meditation try doing it some other way. Don't be afraid of testing other systems - maybe binaural beats, active imagination, meditation with eyes open, walking meditation, mindfulness meditation and so on. Read about them , test them and see what you are attracted to. As you evolve so your tools will evolve until one day when you'll not need them anymore.

Be happy wherever you are because that's where you need to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:59 am 
Normal User
Normal User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Charles Tart has put out some good stuff....I don't know where I'd be without Youtube :)
YouinsTube

http://www.malleablelight.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A couple of days ago I started meditating using a TMI focus 12 tape. At some point I started dreaming. In my dream I was meditating and seeing flashes of images. When I came out of meditating in my dream I ask what the point of the flashes were. A voice answered me in a very humorous way. Then I was a little girl in a 1950s kitchen with my little sister. Liam Neeson was our father. LOL! Then the meditation tape ended and I woke up. The flashes of pictures and the voice were meaningful in my waking life too. It was a hoot. I really enjoyed the experience.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:34 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hello everyone.

I'm a new member here but not new to MBT and the general topic of consciousness.

I have been hungry for info since my very first accidental OBE (13 years old).

I ran into Dr. Campbell's video on YouTube and instantly knew it was for me; I purchased the 3 volumes immediately. THANK YOU.

Love the read and must re-read a few more times to make sure I am digesting it all properly. The only disappointment I have or I guess I could call it suggestion for Dr. Campbell is an ADDITIONAL VOLUME detailing the experiments which yielded his conclusions regarding how the many realities seem to be organized. Pretty much in the style Mr. Monroe described in his books.

I am curious to know how I can prove (to myself obviously) how these other realities are organized. The hierarchy if you will.

I also ran into the Lucildology product and I STRONGLY recommend it. The author of these videos and MP3s is a hacker of consciousness in my book.

On my first day I was able to have my very first incredibly powerful OBE using the 101 (free-product). Beginner's luck? The product has a lot of tips and techniques to make things work, but as you run into difficulties, you review the material and find the answer to move you on to the next level.

Because of my night work schedule, personal activities which render me very tired at the end of the day, and the fact that I sleep usually during the day I can not experiment as frequent as I would like with OBEs and Lucid Dreaming, but when I do, a combination of Hemi-sync and Lucidology timer audio and tips, I can be very successful achieving results almost 100% f the time.

I would like ro read other people's descriptions of places they have visited to compare notes and see if these match the ones I have visited.

So...

1- Can we get a 4th MBT volume describing the experiments which generated conclusions? How do others feel about this?

2- I strongly recommend Lucidology. (the paid version to support the wonderful product.) The author recently sold also a package describing the OverSoul and how to interact with it. I am still busy mastering the 102 package. BTW. I am not trying to promote the Lucidology product; I looked-over this forum looking for info on it a couple of months back and now that I have been using the techniques, decided to share my find.

3- Is anyone detailing his experiences? Physics, appearance, entities, etc. (have to search this forum some more.)

Success!