Return Home
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:30 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The Secret ... will be revealed. Secrets bring uncertainty ... suspense ... still fixing bugs ...

Clau

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
The Secret ... will be revealed. Secrets bring uncertainty ... suspense ... still fixing bugs ...

Clau
You make me smile Claudio. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Claudio,

That was an absolutely shameless hijack...more like an info-mercial....this better be good or else.

"Simba Airways" condones hijackings only by those in search of more interesting and exciting destinations.You better bring it.Always be considerate of your right-brain passengers/constituents who are not generally in pursuit of more source-code debuggings.(yawn)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So anyway,

Back to you Frank,

On the second website that you posted there is an interactive"Tao Te Ching" page that I really enjoyed (I'd never seen that before) and although it is not the same translation as my "Tao Te Ching", it gives a beautiful and additional perspective on the Old Masters teachings.I also share your enthusiasm with Adyashanti. In the interview with Tom when you were saying that "enlightment was like the eyeball trying to see itself" I remembered that example from one of Ady's many video Satsangs.The Mayan calender as explained by Ian Lungold is also one of my favorite video series.So, I look forward to your commentary here and hope you will engage on all topics and I anticipate a refreshing view from your perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:59 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi all,
I guess technically I'm a newbie, because I just signed up for the boards. But on the other hand, not really since I read Tom's books for the first time over a year and a half ago and I attended they NYC conference in May. Prior to that, i watched every youtube video several times and think I listened to all the radio interviews--even that bizaar Shirley McClaine interview. I lurked here quite a bit along the way. I've been meaning to read the books agian, but I keep lending my books out (I can't help myself) then I don't get them back for months.
Anyway, this is my first post on the boards. I just wanted to say that I thought Frank's interview was great for many of the same reasons that others pointed out already. He was enthusiastic and authentic. You could tell he was really absorbing the information. Some interviewers seem to want to fit Tom's theory into their own world-view. Frank seemed to accept it for what it was--even though it was new to him.
I also observed that Tom is getting much more comfortable as an interviewee, and in particular, he seemed more rleaxed and comfortable straying further from the MBT content. I think that is important.
I'd also like to mention that I'd like to see Tom lecture at a T.E.D. event. www.ted.com[/url]. I think that it might take some work craming Tom's work into a 20 minute presentation, but I think it would be worth it. I mentioned this at the NYC conference, but I've been buried with work since then and haven't followed up. Many hands make light work though--would anyone else be interested in helping put together a T.E.D proposal? Perhaps we could put it together on the boards under a new topic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I will call you Ray, or Ray J, or Ray JJ........sorry I couldn't help myself.

Your analysis of the interview is spot on! That's what I was trying to say but I am grammatically challenged.Thank you for those succinct words and welcome to the board. I think Franks interview may bring even more lurkers to the forefront.Promise me you will linger and add your thoughts to this ever-expanding record of viewpoints as MBT either hits stride or falls to oblivion.There are no guarantees. The mere fact that you have flipped all 900 or so pages entitles you to some amount of gold stars which you will probably have to bestow upon yourself at some point in time but more than that, it says that you are prepared to engage this board with knowledge of the basic logic sets of MBT combined with your own personal experience and that makes you a formidable seeker indeed.

Fear was not a part of Franks interview, nor was Ego, Frank was Frank.

Welcome

PS...We don't much talk about that Shirley Mclaine interview anymore, nudge, nudge,wink,wink

A "Ted Talk"with TC would be quite a breathtaking event, because to condense this body of work further would be a trick of Houdini proportions.....But, if anyone could pull it off it would be TC, boundaries don't seem to hinder the man.

Keith may already be on top of a "Ted Talk" they have always been a step ahead of our input it seems......I just don't know...What say you Keith? Is TED ready for Tom? Can Tom do 20 minutes of TED?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ray, welcome to here. You were very quiet as I recall, if you are who I recall as being quiet. :) A TED talk for Tom would be great. Aren't the speakers invited?
Love to you and yours,
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:27 am 
Normal User
Normal User

The eye can not see itself, it can only see a reflection, but its only a reflection.
(FA-TC interview 33:40 minutes in)

We are trying to comprehend The Architect by describing The Construct, and somehow we think this will lead us to understanding The Architect.

This is The Divine Dichotomy.

Contradictions are embedded in The Construct.

This short YouTube video does somehow point to the core problem.
Eckhart talks about the concept of enlightenment.
http://youtu.be/rdgO4UDrwm8

We are still confused, BUT... on a higher level... :-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Frank,
That reminds me of Ted's "the letters on the paper can not see the whole sheet" or something like that. They can only see the ones next to them, too. Ted will fix that, but I see some similarity in thought. I love the statement in big letters, can I steal it for facebook? Do you facebook?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:54 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Of course you can not steal it, you can have it, its free.
Do I Facebook? I certainly do not.
Frankly Speaking :-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:26 am 
Curator
Curator

Taken from
Hsin Hsin Ming: On Believing in Mind (Shinjin-No-Mei)
By Seng-t'san, third Chinese patriarch of Zen, D. T. Suzuki translation

Wordiness and intellection--
The more with them the further astray we go;
Away therefore with wordiness and intellection,
And there is no place where we cannot pass freely.

This is my comment on Eckhart Tolle's presentation. The whole translation is available at: http://books.google.com/books?id=OU2Pqa ... on&f=false
and all of it is pertinent.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

T.E.D. wantabes have to submit an application. I emailed Keith and ask him about it some time ago. Coincidentally he said someone else had mentioned it to him the day before. I believe the application deadline is sometime in October. It would be a great forum. I don't know if the live presentation is only 20 minutes. Maybe that is just what is online. Not sure.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:52 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Well, I did a little research and the format for the TED conference and it is an 18 minute presentation for each speaker. The 2010 theme is "The Rediscovery of Wonder"? The conference is in Palm Springs CA February 28 to March 4, 2011. They'll have 50 speakers. I started to fill out the nomination form, but thought better of doing that. I don't even know if Tom would be interested or available. So, I emailed Keith the info instead. I suggest that if we get the green light, then we start a new thread and pool our ideas on the nomination together. For example, which lecture segments are the best to list? How would you describe this persons speaking style? How do you think this person would best fit with the TED2011 conference theme, "The Rediscovery of Wonder"? Take a look the nomination form is here http://www.ted.com/nominate/speaker It could be fun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The deadline is August 20th for the 2011 TED. So there isn't much time to get the application in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:25 am 
Normal User
Normal User

good point. Keith is checking with Tom. I'll let you know when I hear. I'm sure we can get something together in time.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next