Return Home
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:53 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Last night I had a dream where I was looking at myself in the mirror, realizing that my face was severely damaged, I saw my flesh as my face was deteriorating. It was very scary, I wanted to stop it and my heart was pounding so wildly that my body(in the dream) was shaking dramatically. As I was trying to stop it I woke up from the dream state.

I've read in other posts that people often feel dramatic heart beats while trying to reach an OOBE; which in fact is normal and one must let that go on to reach the state.

I have not to this point ever experienced an OOBE. I have been using binaural beats, but haven't had any success.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Can we enter an OOBE while in a dream?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:08 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Seems to me that this event already was an OBE. Consciousness system tests your fear level before you go exploring out in the open. If your not ready, you could get in trouble and that isn`t what the system wants. This wont stop unless you pass your test. Getting rid of your fear means accepting the worst and that isn`t the easiest thing to do. But then again, you could have had just a grazy dream.

I also think that if you are in a dream reality, you can have an OBE. Just swich the data stream you are having come in to your consciousness, but that at least requires control of the dream state which means having a lucid dream.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:41 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Yes you can enter an OOBE from a dream state.
It seems that one needs a certain level of awarenes in the dream to make that happen.
My "strangest" OOBE happened in fact from a dream state; In mid of the dream i felt suddenly the vibrations coming (which i use to have when i meditate long enough before sleeping).
I had enough awareness to immediately lay down (as my habit due to meditating in a lying position in bed) to let the vibrations "work". After a transition of a few seconds i found myself materialized in a subway full of people...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?
Ironically, I had a dream > OOBE experience during a dream in which I was looking into the mirror. While looking into the mirror though, I realized that I was dreaming. I became lucid at the point. The dream started to fade and I could feel myself waking up, so I used a lucid dreaming technique to keep the dream going (spinning my body). When I began spinning my body, the state shifted. From a few previous OOBEs, I could tell that it was the same or a very similar state. Very strange.
Can we enter an OOBE while in a dream?
More frequently for me than the story above, I have entered OOBEs via sleep paralysis after waking up from dream. There is something about that stage in between sleep and awake that is very productive for me.

I did have a dream once in which I was showing my friend that I could have an OOBE. I said something like, "oh here comes one now", and laid down on the floor to get to work. I closed my eyes (in the dream). Some time later, I found myself floating with my nose a few inches from the ceiling. This again later in the dream. The last time, I was able to fly up through the ceiling and outside. I remained in the dream scape and flew around the setting. Hard to say if I was looking at the ceiling of the room that I was actually sleeping in or the ceiling of the room in the dream. A strange blend of realities.

Though I have been meditating regularly for 4 months now (only off and on before that), 90% of my Big Picture experiences have occured as I'm falling asleep, while I'm dreaming, or as I am waking up.

May not be the case for everybody though.

You may want to look into lucid dreaming. Exploring the Word of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge is a good read if you are interested. Don't stress the techniques too much, just piece together your own and keep a dream journal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:30 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Robert Bruce has a very good book on how to OOBE, cant remember what its called something like "how to OOBE in 30 days" or something (I'm at work). Dont skip to the end though (like he says not to in the book). I got ahead of myself and did manage to OBE but got scared and now its harder for me to get there.

Anyway if you get his book you're pretty much going to OBE.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

just bought the book on abebooks for $10, shipping included

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've done it a few times, blurs the lines a bit but from my evidence ...yes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I actually may have done the opposite a few weeks ago. I started out in what I was sure was an OOBE and transitioned into what seemed more like a lucid dream so I see no reason not to do it the other way around. The lines between the two are definitely blurred.

Ramon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 am 
Normal User
Normal User

kindofabigdeal wrote:Robert Bruce has a very good book on how to OOBE, cant remember what its called something like "how to OOBE in 30 days" or something (I'm at work). Dont skip to the end though (like he says not to in the book). I got ahead of myself and did manage to OBE but got scared and now its harder for me to get there.

Anyway if you get his book you're pretty much going to OBE.
Thank you. I just downloaded a book from Robert Bruce "Mastering Astral Projection" and another one named "A new approach to OOBE".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:01 am 
Normal User
Normal User

RamonThompson wrote:I actually may have done the opposite a few weeks ago. I started out in what I was sure was an OOBE and transitioned into what seemed more like a lucid dream so I see no reason not to do it the other way around. The lines between the two are definitely blurred.

Ramon
Interesting!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

kroeran wrote:just bought the book on abebooks for $10, shipping included
Which book? I had the Robert Bruce before the Stephen Leberge-I was not successful until I read the later one. RB's book is good but there is no mention of sleep cycles and when to time your attempts. This proved to be crucial, for me anyway. IMO you have to be really talented like Tom to do this stuff on demand.

Another consideration is taking natural supplements. [Warning some of these can be dangerous to certain health conditions.A doctor's consultation may be needed] I recommend this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Lucid-Dr ... 106&sr=1-1

For some perspective that is very compatible with MBT I cannot recommend this book enough:
http://www.amazon.com/Lucid-Dreaming-Ga ... pd_sim_b_1

As for OBEs from dreams:This happens to me very often-I have similar experiences to both Justin and Ramon.

Also try reading up on DEILDs.

http://www.dreamviews.com/wiki/DEILD-Tutorial

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I ordered the book and the supplement. I want to try it. I am getting no where in trying to lucid dream.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury wrote:I ordered the book and the supplement. I want to try it. I am getting no where in trying to lucid dream.
I'd say you are having a pretty darned lucid dream right NOW, wouldn't you? I'm just saying. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I would say my consciousness is aware in PMR and NPMR but not connected. I want to try (develop) that connection.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury,
Do you keep a dream journal?

Supplements can help you have amazing experiences but they may not work without some mental preparation first. Keeping a dream journal and doing "reality checks" throughout your day can really help if you don't already do this.

Also,read about LDs before bed ,and again if you get up and do the WBTB technique.Set your intention to LD.Another thing alittle different that works for me is a humble attitude toward my subconscious/HS -I remind myself that my waking ego is not the center of my psyche.

If you have trouble in the morning with recall here's some stuff that works for me:

1.Don't move too much when you wake.
2.Make your first priority recall-even before the bathroom.
3.Log any memory you can throughout the night each time you wake.
4.Compress info into key words-they act like hyperlinks,so later on when you get up to read them ,and fill out your journal, the full memory floods back to awareness.

Good luck. I hope you post some of your experiences when you achieve success.