Perception of time increment

Post Reply
User avatar
pman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Québec, QC
Contact:

Perception of time increment

Post by pman »

Hi,

I have been thinking about that for a while and my mind keep bugging. If I remember correctly, the time increment of NPMR(k) is smaller than the PMR(k). So, for each PMR(k) increment, NPMR(k) has much more increments during the same period. So, if my reasoning is correct, PMR(k) would evolve much slower compared to NPMR(k).

What bugs me, is that it doesn't look efficient. It would make the incarnation process in PMR(k) a very slow process from the point of view of an inhabitant of NPMR(k).

Where's the flaw in my reasoning?

pman

edit

Here a basic example that clarify my interrogation:

AA and BB are two inhabitants of NPMR(k) and are both planning to incarnate in PMR(k). BB tells his friend AA that he'll incarnate first to see what kind of experiences they can get in this PMR. So AA will wait until BB complete his first trip to PMR(k). BB lives 70 years in PMR(K) and die. He's now back in NPMR(k). From the perspective of AA, how long this process took?
Last edited by pman on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 9999
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by bette »

It is slow. You in a hurry? No, seriously, it is slow. This is a fractal aspect to me, the main evolution is of the entire Larger Consciousness System which is even slower that NPMR then, right?
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
User avatar
Shee-un
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by Shee-un »

bette wrote:...which is even slower that NPMR then, right?
Love
Bette
No. The clock of LCS (AUM) is fundamental and all the other clocks tick away much more slowly. I truly cannot imagine how the system fights lags between reality frames of different time quanta. Maybe there is no way around it. Suppose I'm now in the "afterlife", sitting in The Park. Thus I must experience say 1000 years of my time in current reality frame to wait until my friends pass way too; and in their time it was like 7 years. There are reported cases of people experiencing very long periods of time in various altered states of consciousness.
User avatar
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 9999
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by bette »

Shee-un wrote:
bette wrote:...which is even slower that NPMR then, right?
Love
Bette
No. The clock of LCS (AUM) is fundamental and all the other clocks tick away much more slowly. I truly cannot imagine how the system fights lags between reality frames of different time quanta. Maybe there is no way around it. Suppose I'm now in the "afterlife", sitting in The Park. Thus I must experience say 1000 years of my time in current reality frame to wait until my friends pass way too; and in their time it was like 7 years. There are reported cases of people experiencing very long periods of time in various altered states of consciousness.
Always, I mean Never...
Thank you, I tend to do that, but do usually go opposite like that. LCS, if it mattered to it which I'd say it doesn't, must think PMR is like molasses in the winter time. Or one of those dreams where everything is slowed down, exactly like one of those dreams, hu? Welcome by the way. :)
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
User avatar
pman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Québec, QC
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by pman »

Thus I must experience say 1000 years of my time in current reality frame to wait until my friends pass way too
That's what bug me. It looks logical to think that way, but it doesn't look an efficient process. It should be the inverse to be efficient, 1 year in the afterlife for 100 years here (PMR).
User avatar
Shee-un
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by Shee-un »

pman wrote:
It should be the inverse to be efficient, 1 year in the afterlife for 100 years here (PMR).
What you mean "to be efficient"? The evolution of consciousness goes on at the individual level; it's about IUoC and not PMR.
User avatar
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator
Posts: 11788
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by Ted Vollers »

To All,

Keep in mind that there is the relative rate of the PMR clock ticks versus the NPMR clock ticks and then there is the perceived internal rate of time passage within PMR and NPMR which is entirely another matter and as I understand it, they are not that different. You cannot experience the minimal delta t of a VR within that VR.

Also it is my understanding from Tom that the ratio of base clock ticks in AUM that is devoted to the generation of one VR clock tick is not fixed. The VR gets what it requires for its calculation to be complete. Even though this varies, the perception within the VR of the passage of time does not vary but is fixed as part of the rule set. This is of course on the average and under normal circumstances. It has been mentioned numerous times that the perception of time passage can vary. Like feeling you are in slow motion during the course of an auto accident.

Ted
User avatar
Shee-un
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by Shee-un »

I wonder about time dilation described in Einstein's SR. Can someone knowledgeable please describe how such thing (and others - length contraction, bending of space-time, singularity) may be possible in a digital reality which is not meant to be funky. OK, I understand that that the maximum speed as per rule-set is (in Planck units) 1 delta x/1 delta t = 1 = c. But why time would slow down for an observer moving at 1/2 (half of c). Also, from his POV the speed of light apparently shortened in half (but actually is 1 anyway). Or not? What about relativity in contemporary 3D computer games?
User avatar
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 9999
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by bette »

I think it is the perception that slows down.
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
User avatar
Shee-un
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by Shee-un »

bette wrote:I think it is the perception that slows down.
Love
Bette
In other words, consciousness can experience time not only delta t to delta t, but also skip millions of them to shorten its subjective time perception.
User avatar
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 9999
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by bette »

Shee-un wrote:
bette wrote:I think it is the perception that slows down.
Love
Bette
In other words, consciousness can experience time not only delta t to delta t, but also skip millions of them to shorten its subjective time perception.
Isn't that what happens when accessing future and past probable Reality threads in the database?
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
User avatar
Specialis Sapientia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1233
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by Specialis Sapientia »

Shee-un wrote:I wonder about time dilation described in Einstein's SR. Can someone knowledgeable please describe how such thing (and others - length contraction, bending of space-time, singularity) may be possible in a digital reality which is not meant to be funky. OK, I understand that that the maximum speed as per rule-set is (in Planck units) 1 delta x/1 delta t = 1 = c. But why time would slow down for an observer moving at 1/2 (half of c). Also, from his POV the speed of light apparently shortened in half (but actually is 1 anyway). Or not? What about relativity in contemporary 3D computer games?
Actually, length contraction, time dilation and many quantum mechanical effects ONLY makes sense in a digital and virtual reality!

You must read Brian Whitworth's papers, he is a genius. Do a search on the board and you will find plentiful of threads.

Ok, here :)

search.php?keywords=Brian+Whitworth&ter ... mit=Search
alik
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by alik »

pman wrote: So, if my reasoning is correct, PMR(k) would evolve much slower compared to NPMR(k).

What bugs me, is that it doesn't look efficient. It would make the incarnation process in PMR(k) a very slow process from the point of view of an inhabitant of NPMR(k).

Where's the flaw in my reasoning?

pman
According to the model (MBT), PMR VRs were created as means to accelerate evolution by providing a more efficient setup where the feedback to any intent is more immediate and obvious, "right in your face", because NPMR was too "jelly-like" in terms of providing feedback. Even though multiple NPMR clock ticks elapse during one PMR tick, PMR may still move along further in that one clock tick compared to NPMR over its multiple ticks, just because is was designed to progress faster. In other words, distance traveled is a product of time and speed and PMR has higher speed by design.
User avatar
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator
Posts: 11788
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by Ted Vollers »

To All,

NPMR does not evolve in the sense that PMR does. Evolution is a PMR rule set aspect, not found in NPMR. Things change in NPMR as the Intent of beings participating there slowly change with interaction. That interaction is not nearly so intense as for PMR, the reason for having PMR type VRs. The feed back is not nearly so intense nor so rapid. Things tend to drift in NPMR with relatively little change apparent.

It is my understanding that part of the reason for the faster time tick rate for NPMR is that much of the guidance for PMR experience comes from there and this gives an edge to NPMR necessary for 'keeping ahead' of PMR for this purpose. But also for the same purpose, the sense of time passage is not greatly different, also for the purpose of simplifying the business of guidance of PMR from within NPMR.

We really need Tom's input to take this further and confirm or correct what I have said.

Ted
User avatar
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster
Posts: 9999
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Contact:

Re: Perception of time increment

Post by bette »

I love your being Ted, but you already know that. Are you emailing Tom for this?
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
Post Reply

Return to “Physics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests