Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:55 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It was requested by a member to post this transaction from Facebook about the Big Cheese. It lead to some interesting replies from Tom. If he reveals more on Facebook, I will add it to this thread. - Ramon

Cole Randall:
Tom, are there any parallels in other traditions/models of your concept of the "Big Cheese," besides, "God" or "a god" to your knowledge? If the Big Cheese has the role that you describe in relation to OS, then shouldn't this being be mentioned elsewhere in the historical record by travelers from our PMR? The closest thing I've come a...cross is Leadbeater's concept of the "Logos," but that still doesn't seem to be the same idea exactly. What is the Big Cheese's involvement with an individual such as myself from the perspective of NPMR? Does "he" review my records "personally" or is my personal awareness pretty much unimportant from "his" perspective? Is "he" more a collective type consciousness-being or is "he" actually an individuality that simply perceives much more of the available data? How does one come to be a "Big Cheese" and does this being actually conceive of the "PMR projects" (rule sets and whatnot) or is this simply a "managerial" type role?

Tom Campbell:
Cole,
The larger consciousness system is all there is, so, of course, The "Big Cheese" is, a metaphor for the oversight, management, CEO function of the larger consciousness system that is focused on PMR. (some members of strongly patriarc...hal societies would add "father" to that list). As such, unless one is a local who is involved in big picture politics, it is unlikely that you would run into (become aware of) the management function -- especially since management stays in the background dealing with big picture issues rather than interfering with the day to day tribulations of the players in the PMR VR. After all, in the PMR game of making personal choices based on first hand experience , meddling would mess up the clarity of the trainer's feedback. Management policy, where noticed, would seem like natural law. Imagine if you had no concept of government or social structures, (were totally isolated) and you one day teleported to NY city. From your short visit, you would have no idea that NYC had a mayor or a management structure. you might notice some evidence of social structure like social workers or teachers (guides) but the mayor and city councilmen would be largely invisible to the eyes of a visitor. The Big Cheese could get involved at any level of detail if that was pertinent to his goals and issues. (I say "his" because the energy, as it is given to me to interact with, has “PMR male" characteristics, so I use the term “male” as a descriptive metaphor – there is no deeper significance or message here about gender – my association is entirely superficial.). He is an “individuality”, as you say, that has a bigger picture. This one came up through the ranks and has personal experience in PMR. The last one did not.
Tom

Nathan Korver: That is beyond interesting that the Big Cheese came up through the ranks, and has PMR experience. Tom, you are always teasing us with these fascinating tidbits! )

Ramon Thompson: By came up through the ranks, do you mean he participated in PMR, or in some PMRk like any other entity? I would assume this was a long time ago based on our time.

Ramon Thompson: The metaphor that arises is someone that starts out working on the line at a factory and makes it all the way to CEO of a company as opposed to someone hired straight out of college into management.
Did the previous BC get his learning in another system or never participate in the lower levels of any system?

Cole Randall: Wow Tom, fascinating... I must ask: what happened to the previous "Big Cheese?" Is there a general 'duration' that each "Big Cheese" has at his/her/its post? How does one come to eventually vacate this position? Is the previous "Big Cheese" now integrated into some larger superstructure?

Cole Randall: ‎(and thanks again for responding- i'm sure i'm not the only one gaining valuable insight into the larger reality from this conversation... and rest assured: we're taking notes.)

Nathan Korver: That's funny Cole, I am glad I am not the only one that takes "Tom notes". The stuff he says is crazy! (in a good way)

My guess is that he won't fill is in too much more about the juicy, fun details about NPMR management. I think his goal is... to spark our interest enough to go see for ourselves how things work, and to not fill our heads with too many beliefs about what's going on out there because he knows if he gives me too many more details I will start a religion... Hey, there have been sillier ones!

Cole Randall: I agree (and I definitely hear ya) Nathan, but I also think that if these things weren't meant to be asked about further or clarified- he wouldn't have mentioned 'the big cheese' at all--- you know what I mean? I'm not asking for stories :) -- just clarity into the actual mechanics, as tom would put it my consciousness, for whatever reason- (thanks guys!!...LCS staff....) is inclined towards a certain kind of probing and it definitely feels like these are pertinent questions.

Cole Randall: hahaha (to that last one) but hopefully human consciousness (at least on this earth at this time) is growing out of that phase. (starting "religious movements" based on belief/acceptance of others' truth rather than first hand experience and open-ness)

Tom Campbell: I only know what I have experienced directly. Bits and pieces of each but not whole stories. We all start out on the factory floor. Previous BC was essentially removed rather recently for cause. New BC is much better but started behind the power curve (negativity rising). That's more information than you know what to do with.

.Ramon Thompson: Sort of like having the CEO of a company replaced for falling profits? The new CEO has to turn the ship around and try to increase profitibility. I think the metaphor works well.

Cole Randall: hmm, you're right Tom. I have no idea what to do with that........ yet.

Nathan Korver: I like that attitude Cole, and I am with you on saying "yet"... Some experience packet soon I will watch the whole story for myself... IF it's possible (skepticism)

Nathan Korver: i also want to add what a pleasure it is to interact with people like you three. It is nice that MBT is more than a book, it is a community!

Ramon Thompson: Another question that arises in my mind is who FIRES the Big Cheese? Continuing the metaphor is there a board of directors or are we talking AUM itself?

Cole Randall: Ramon- good question. My thing is that I always try to think of these things in the 'first person' or from the subjectiveness of whom ever the subject is. In this case (The Big Cheese)-- I simply wonder what the experience of that conscious...ness could possibly be like and how in the world it can maintain its individuality while also being so aware of what's happening in the myriad PMRs under its domain. How does one consciousness not "confuse itself" with another consciousness that is of equally tangable individuality? How do all these focal points (mine included) of awareness maintain themselves while also being aware of so many others? These are issues that my personal awareness struggles with, but that Tom seems to brush off in a "Hmm, I don't get confused about identity at all" kind of fashion and I find that simply fascinating. Hard to make sense of it all...

Ramon Thompson: yes, very interesting thoughts indeed. All I am aware of is that this information is well above my "pay grade."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much Ramon! This is AWESOME! I appreciate (I was the one who asked :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom Campbell: I only know what I have experienced directly. Bits and pieces of each but not whole stories. We all start out on the factory floor. Previous BC was essentially removed rather recently for cause]. New BC is much better but started behind the power curve (negativity rising). That's more information than you know what to do with.

(Italics added)

...operatively, "God" was fired...???!!!!

By whom and how are the first questions that come to mind. This also indicates more politics in the NPMR zones, something I was hoping to escape when leaving earth.

Yes it probably IS more information than I know what to do with.... except maybe 'run for the hills!'

-Montana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think we all need to remember that this is all spoken of metaphorically. Probably just a different part of the LCS was focused to attend to the PMR organization and the previous "Big Cheese" was re-focused somewhere else. The previous Big Cheese no doubt needed a change for an opportunity to lower entropy if not able to do that with the PMR focus.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:53 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:

By whom and how are the first questions that come to mind. This also indicates more politics in the NPMR zones, something I was hoping to escape when leaving earth.
There is a metaphor coming to my mind... A big corporation with stockholders. Even if the stockholder own only a little part of the corporation, they have the power to force change in the hierarchy structure when they vote all together.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury:
I think we all need to remember that this is all spoken of metaphorically. Probably just a different part of the LCS was focused to attend to the PMR organization and the previous "Big Cheese" was re-focused somewhere else. The previous Big Cheese no doubt needed a change for an opportunity to lower entropy if not able to do that with the PMR focus.

.....Something then like a tropical storm in its earliest stages of development where the center jumps from one region to another.

Ya that works. Yes, I understand it is all metaphor. It has to be.

-Montana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:

There is a metaphor coming to my mind... A big corporation with stockholders. Even if the stockholder own only a little part of the corporation, they have the power to force change in the hierarchy structure when they vote all together.
Yes, I agree.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you Lynda and Ramon. This is very an intriguing subject.

What can be said about an entity like Miranon who was talking to Robert Monroe through Leana? I remember, that Miranon was coming from lever 46, and he said, as far as I can remember, that after you graduate from this VR, you have an option to stay or move forward or away. Where this movement can take you? Who decides that you've learned everything possible to learn here and ready to move on? What is a next learning ground? I have more questions to ask.

Lena

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I remember Tom said somewhere, that there is no democracy in NMPR, so BC is appointed to his position. It feels to me, that it could be Bigger Cheese somewhere, who did sing BC's papers to rule over us. ;0

Lena

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
I remember Tom said somewhere, that there is no democracy in NMPR, so BC is appointed to his position. It feels to me, that it could be Bigger Cheese somewhere, who did sing BC's papers to rule over us. ;0

Lena
Yes, this supports the fractally nature of Reality. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The little tidbits of information Tom occasionally gives on how the larger reality is managed and its implications always seems to make me go "whoa" with awe and mind expansion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:51 pm 
Curator
Curator

So you guys didn't believe me when I told you that Tom said that this is basically a benign dictatorship? Authority is granted from top down.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Thank you Lynda and Ramon. This is very an intriguing subject.

What can be said about an entity like Miranon who was talking to Robert Monroe through Leana? I remember, that Miranon was coming from lever 46, and he said, as far as I can remember, that after you graduate from this VR, you have an option to stay or move forward or away. Where this movement can take you? Who decides that you've learned everything possible to learn here and ready to move on? What is a next learning ground? I have more questions to ask.

Lena
I imagine it is probably a mutual decision between your IUOC and the guides. When it is no longer profitable for you to incarnate then you may become a guide or retrieve lost souls or something else. It seems like there is probable endless jobs in NPMR.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
So you guys didn't believe me when I told you that Tom said that this is basically a benign dictatorship? Authority is granted from top down.

Ted
I don't believe anything Ted, but I trusted what you said about this. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm actually rather fearful of a "structured" NPMR... I'm not exactly sure I can put into words why that is though. Perhaps, I don't find the "structure" of our society to be very appealing? I dunno. But, the thought that there is some form of this structure there, awaiting me upon my physical body death just leaves me... *shudder*.

I guess I always thought that *I* got to make all the big choices in my spiritual life... not made for me? Is this perhaps the wrong way of thinking about it?

Am I, maybe, putting too much "human thought" into this and using too many "human perspectives"?