Return Home
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:05 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:47 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what Tom's view is on conserving sexual energy and its relation to

out of body experiences, psychic ability, and lowering entropy.

I know he recommends meditation for lowering entropy.

Does he endorse the old religious traditions of being celibate as a powerful adjunct to

lowering entropy.

If so can anyone explain the dynamics that go into how this works?

If it works at all?

Making people feel guilty over natural sexual desire always seemed a major mind control technique.

Its easy to manipulate someone who feels guilty - could guilt be fear masquerading as an acceptable phenomen!

My country is truth

I am of no caste and no creed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Isn't that why Women get lots of headaches? They are reducing their entropy :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:23 am 
Curator
Curator

realitycorrodes,

My apologies, but might I suggest the old academic tradition of reading the text before raising questions based on what it might or might not contain. This will answer so many of your questions that I cannot help but suggest it as a beginning point for expanding your understanding and answering your questions before it becomes compelling to you to ask them.

Tom has a history of being open to answering any question asked of him. But it would be much more fair to him, and all the demands on his time and all of those who hire him to perform important work, if you waited to come up with legitimate questions based on clarification of things that are really in his books or lectures.

But if nothing else, MBT is about explaining the realities of Absolute Free Will, so if you must, ask away. Tom appears to have near infinite patience. As you note, I do not. Especially if we drift of into nevernever land without dealing with past questions asked and answered.

Sincerely,
Ted Vollers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

realitycorrodes: Does he endorse the old religious traditions of being celibate as a powerful adjunct to
lowering entropy.

Tom: No he does not. Fear is the opposite of love, fear is the enemy. Guilt, ego, and arrogance are nothing but fear. Fear creates a handle by which one can be manipulated. All this is in the books -- and much more.

(it's a tough act to follow Ted and Cherie)

Tom C.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi Ted,

A little bit of plagarism is in order:

"The killer in me is the killer in you,
I send this smile over to you!"

- Smashing Pumpkins

Hi Tom,

Many thanks. I appreciate your answer and your patience!

Hi Cherie,

I appreciated your response the most! Isn't a sense of humour the real sixth sense!

Many Thanks - excuse my laziness!

My country is truth

I am of no caste and no creed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi R.
Thanks for the comment.
The question you asked I thought was a very valid question,one that I had actually thought about but was not quite sure how to phrase . I mean ALL that sexual energy that is floating about(Never mind the kinetic energy involved!)it must be good for something other than momentary bliss,(or not as the case may be).
I find humour to be a valuable tool. If it is used correctly i.e. not belittle or demean someone then it can bridge so many chasms,it is the best de- fuser of explosive situations I know of.
Humour varies world wide but the effect is unversal,it promotes well being and the feel good factor.
It should be on every goverments agenda along with global warming and save the whale,then again some of the world leaders really are a joke....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:08 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Ten years have passed since this question was asked, the thread seems very much ended, but I think there is something interesting I can add to the topic.
To beign with, I think that @realitycorrodes confused the question (and nobody corrected him) by combining many different ideas. We have:
  • Sexual energy
    Psychic abilities
    Celibacy
    Guilt as a mind control technique.
Let us clarify some things.
  • Celibacy means someone who is single and chaste (originally, in Roman times it mean only single).
    When he speaks about the guilt, I am sure he is referring to how influent celibate people have had over married lay people over the centuries (in all cultures) and have tried to teach them the best way to have low entropy sex. Their ideas were good, but in some people (with higuer entropy) could create the feeling of guilt, and thus not being of much help.
    Sexual energy has been always linked to psychic abilities (to the ability to easily experience the LCS). It is a very interesting and valid question to do.
    There are many traditions that recognize the power of sexual energy, and encourage couples to have sex without ejaculation, knowing that semen is a very powerful source of energy. Searching google with the keywords "tantra", "sexual kung fu" or "karezza" will deliver many websites that share these ideas. Of those three, I only see karezza as a tool to lower entropy (virtuous) for married couples; the other two being too entropic (corrupt).
I was surprised by the answer of Tom Campbell, equating fear to celibacy. More surprisingly, in 2012 in Ireland, he praised Theresa of Calcutta as an example of a low entropy being coming to earth to help humanity. She was celibate, was she full of fear? I don't think so.

The most probable answer I expected from Tom Campbell would have been this:

Begining of Tom Campbell most propable answer (according to me).
Tom: Interesting question. Over my years of experience, I have found that sugar has bad effects on the ability to experience LCS. Eating sugar from fruits is ok, but don't eat 6 bananas at once because would have also a bad effect. At the contrary, eating meat occasionally haven''t affected me in that aspect, not did affect Bob Monroe, who eat more meat.
About the power of sexual energy: Because I am an open-minded sceptic, I tested celibacy and expend three months without having sex (or without ejaculating) and after that time I found that it didn't have any noticiable effect on my ability to connect to LCS.
However, I would say that loosing too much semen can have a very negative effect both in your health and in your psychich abilities. Ejaculating moderately (once a month or each three months) is ok.
I would not recommend, however, to you to be monks because there is more benefit in being in a personal relationship, because there are more challenges and more opportunities to grow.

End of Tom Campbell most propable answer (according to me).

I would expect that answer. For me, I think that the more you cultivate your sexual energy (that is, channeling it upwards through meditation and breathing) the better you can experience LCS. Look how many nutrients does semen have. If sugar can affect psychic abilities, don't you think that loosing all this will have it as well?

Calcium (mg) 27.6 0.938
Chloride (mg) 142 4.83
Citrate (mg) 528 18.0
Fructose (mg) 272 9.25
Glucose (mg) 102 3.47
Lactic acid (mg) 62 2.11
Magnesium (mg) 11 0.374
Potassium (mg) 109 3.71
Protein (g) 5.04 0.171
Sodium (mg) 300 10.2
Urea (mg) 45 1.53
Zinc (mg) 16.5 0.561

PD: I don't understand why Tom Campbell didn't give an answer as good as mine.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

I was surprised by the answer of Tom Campbell, equating fear to celibacy. More surprisingly, in 2012 in Ireland, he praised Theresa of Calcutta as an example of a low entropy being coming to earth to help humanity. She was celibate, was she full of fear? I don't think so.
Tom did not equate fear with celibacy. He refers to the imposition of fear tactics used by traditional religions. You will go to hell for this or that... Tom praises Mother Teresa' s work and respects her as an example of those on the path of service.
Quote:

I don't understand why you didn't give an answer as good as Tom's.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Besides what JdJr pointed out, when realitycorrodes says, "conserving sexual energy and its relation to out of body experiences, psychic ability," - he is very likely referring to the phenomena of kundalini energy and kundalini awakening.

He is not talking about semen and the nutrients in semen or how often we should ejaculate in relation to affecting OBE and psychic ability.
Quote:
lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

Look how many nutrients does semen have. If sugar can affect psychic abilities, don't you think that loosing all this will have it as well?

Calcium (mg) 27.6 0.938
Chloride (mg) 142 4.83
Citrate (mg) 528 18.0
Fructose (mg) 272 9.25
Glucose (mg) 102 3.47
Lactic acid (mg) 62 2.11
Magnesium (mg) 11 0.374
Potassium (mg) 109 3.71
Protein (g) 5.04 0.171
Sodium (mg) 300 10.2
Urea (mg) 45 1.53
Zinc (mg) 16.5 0.561
Interesting. Do you happen to know the average calorific or carbohydrate count per average ejaculation? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:42 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Tom did not equate fear with celibacy. He refers to the imposition of fear tactics used by traditional religions. You will go to hell for this or that... Tom praises Mother Teresa' s work and respects her as an example of those on the path of service.
Probably he was refering to that. The issue is that he was asked about the "old religious traditions of being celibate". There are a lot of religions (mainstream and secondary) that have endorsed chastity as a means of advancing spiritually. I haven't yet seen one that threatens people with hell if they don't become celibate.
Quote:
Besides what JdJr pointed out, when realitycorrodes says, "conserving sexual energy and its relation to out of body experiences, psychic ability," - he is very likely referring to the phenomena of kundalini energy and kundalini awakening.

He is not talking about semen and the nutrients in semen or how often we should ejaculate in relation to affecting OBE and psychic ability.
Well, @realitycorrodes should clarify his intention. But I think is pretty clear already. Sexual energy = kundalini energy. Conserving sexual energy means conserving the vital fluid, kundalini awakening means raising the energy to the crown chackra.
Quote:
Interesting. Do you happen to know the average calorific or carbohydrate count per average ejaculation? Thanks.
I don't know. I find the table in wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I don't know. I find the table in wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen
Elunam
Thanks had a look at wikipedia. Have t1 diabetes and hadn't considered the glucose/fructose levels in semen re insulin regime.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:36 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Quote:
Elunam
Thanks had a look at wikipedia. Have t1 diabetes and hadn't considered the glucose/fructose levels in semen re insulin regime.
I am glad I wrote the message and I helped you with your situation. One never knows.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Elunam: Probably he was refering to that. The issue is that he was asked about the "old religious traditions of being celibate". There are a lot of religions (mainstream and secondary) that have endorsed chastity as a means of advancing spiritually. I haven't yet seen one that threatens people with hell if they don't become celibate.

jdjr: You draw a valid distinction. My first inclination was to address the fear and celibacy equation which you acknowledge. The analogy of hell was directed at fear tactics that have been used to influence the masses within the religious context not specific to celibacy.

Elunam: The issue is that he was asked about the "old religious traditions of being celibate". There are a lot of religions (mainstream and secondary) that have endorsed chastity as a means of advancing spiritually.

Jdjr: Tom responded to that issue. I did not consider it in my response for that reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:37 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
jdjr: You draw a valid distinction. My first inclination was to address the fear and celibacy equation which you acknowledge. The analogy of hell was directed at fear tactics that have been used to influence the masses within the religious context not specific to celibacy.
I have just remember that I forgot to mention one thing in my post. Is the following:

I have seen Tom addressing the issue of monasticism and hermitism some times in his videos. He says that they miss a great opportunity to grow when they detach from society and live alone, because in relationships (closer relationships primarily) is where there are more challeneges, and therefore more opportunities to make choices and therefore to grow. I mostly agree with that, and that is what he was addressing when he answered the asker (we have to remember that celibacy does not only means chaste but also single).
The issue of sexual energy was simply ignored.

It surprises me because celibacy has been very benefitial in my path. I didn't expect him to suggest chastity to his readers, but at least a sexual moderation. I suppose he doesn't want to act like a guru; if he started to give suggestions in things so personal, his readers would turn easily in adepts.

Best regards,
Elunam