Return Home
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

na

Last edited by Delak on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:07 pm 
Curator
Curator

Are you perhaps playing it like a video arcade game? Crashing through things. Do you think that this is the right approach?

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

For some reason Delak I can read every word of your posts where most other long posts, other than Tom's, are hard if not impossible for me to grasp onto like I do yours. Shake hands with a Pterodactyl? hmm spell check spelling.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:50 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

na

Last edited by Teridactal on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tests failed:

Last night I dreamt that a young man, hard up for cash, left his lottery scratch tickets on the seat and left. I picked up the tickets and scratched them off. The first two were losers. The third, however, was a winner, $9,000 if I remember correctly. I got excited and went to show my fiancee and said "Look, now we can finally pay off some of those bills." Then I got the idea that I should return the ticket to the young man. He then materialized and walked by me. I deliberated, but I chose not to return the ticket to him.

I then looked down at the ticket and noticed it wasn't scratched properly and probably it was actually a losing ticket.

I do not think I am a very money-hungry person, and I am fairly certain that if this had been a "real life" situation, I would have returned the ticket. Do you think that this means that I would have been doing the right thing from an intellectual, rather than my being level? In other words, if these dreams are evaluations (as this thread alleges), then are we actually glimpsing our actions on the being level? If so, is it our functional QoC that is being evaluated, or our inherent QoC? I was disappointed in myself all day today. I have been wanting to get some tests like this in my dreams, but it looks like I'm not yet ready for the big leagues if my interpretation of the dream is correct.

====

Here is another one I had last week which seems like I failed. I was participating in an MBT training convention. I went to the first class which had something to do with seeing auras (which I cannot do in "real life"). We were handed a large cross section of a tree, about 2 inches thick with a 3 foot diameter. The outer rim of the tree slice glowed with a multi-colored aura. As I held it, I could see the auras glowing on everyone in the room with the same colors as the tree's aura.

Over in the corner of the room was Tom. I spoke with him, and eventually told him that I had really been trying to improve my QoC and that I have been trying meditation for the last decade but have failed. He swiftly and distinctly said "No, it is not a failure," which I took to mean that I shouldn't be so hard on myself about it and that it had done some good.

Then it was time to go to the next class. I wanted to get some snacks first, and I gluttonously overloaded my plate with food, thinking I'd be able to eat off of it that night. I took so long loading my plate that everyone had gone to the next class. I walked around the hallways lost and never did find the class, cause then I woke up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

s.lareck wrote:Tests failed:

Last night I dreamt that a young man, hard up for cash, left his lottery scratch tickets on the seat and left. (truncated)

====

Here is another one I had last week which seems like I failed. (truncated)
s.lareck,

I start with a second one.

I don't think it was a test. You had your question, and you've got your answer. That dream wasn't ended as you'd like to, but I don't see it as a test. You wanted to have it all, to get your answer and indulge with food. As long, as you can concentrait on one thing at the time, you are OK. Don't split your attention, stay focused.

First dream. In dreams, especially, if this is a test, we act on a being level only. Our upbringing and ability to control feelings and emotions in these dreams don't work. I doubt, that they work in a regular dream either. Was it a test? Or was LCS helping you to see what could be a problem? It seems, you are learning your lessons. If it was a test, it will be repeated another time. Don't be disappointed, learning is a process. One part of it is to become aware of our mistakes and find a way to correct them.

Lena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Funny experience from last night. It made me think of this thread:

After becoming lucid in a dream and setting my intent to contact a loving being that could provide guidance, I floated away into thick darkness.

Me: "Could I receive some guidance please?"

Distant female voice (like a broken up transmission trying to get through): "Yes, but we are not very good at it yet."

Me: (laughing) "Well, that's not very good news."

I was trying to be playful. I'm not certain if the comment meant that they are not very good at communicating in that way or that they are not very good at providing guidance. It all broke my focus and I came back without asking my intended questions.

I suppose since I was not very specific with my intent, I could have made contact with a polite passerby that was trying to be helpful. My unspoken intent was to receive guidance from the LCS or my "guides"; maybe that needs to be more clear. I'll try to make contact again with "them" and see what I can find out. It could just be self-created, but it didn't seem that way based on past experiences.

It was a pass for me in many regards because lately I have been sent to, or have ended up (perhaps based on my expectations) in complete darkness with only a barrage of audio input. The first several times, there was a voice gently trying to scare me away (even actually saying "BOO!" once). About the 3rd or 4th time, I was able to brave through the scare attempts and carry on to a nice, vivid experience. Last night's exchange took place in that same darkness. The voice this time though had a very real presence. When I was "talking" it was somewhat of a struggle to get the "words" out and I could hear my voice (maybe just in my mind) which sounded something like a channel's voice (that slow and effortful sound). It is interesting because this idea of channeling has been in my head lately. Sometimes I catch myself making strange noises in sleep paralysis and durring meditation. Perhaps it is just a nudge to learn how to speak from these states. So much uncertainty, so little time.

Anyway, just sort of rambling on here. Had to tell somebody. Thanks for listening :)

EDIT: thinking about tests... I have seemingly been put in front of a mirror while lucid/OOB 4 or 5 times now. I have normally been too busy trying to carry out some task or question and have not thought about the mirror too much until now. Perhaps there is a lesson related to the mirror. Anybody else get mirrors? Seems like it would be a standard sort of test maybe. Who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Justin ... just a free-association here ... but if I recall your painting correctly, wasn't the theme one of impending enlightenment of a second self being observed in a mirror...?

Montana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Montana wrote:Justin ... just a free-association here ... but if I recall your painting correctly, wasn't the theme one of impending enlightenment of a second self being observed in a mirror...?

Montana
Yes, good point. The theme was not that specific though (at least not intentionally). I was really just thinking about the stunning realization of being aware somewhere other than our normal reality. I like the idea of impending enlightenment... It is not likely in my case though :)

It is funny that I used a mirror in that painting. I had not put much thought into it other than having had a recent mirror experience and trying to set up an interesting composition with a single figure.

Next time I come across a mirror in NPMR, I will be spending some time there no doubt. Come to think of it, I had a lucid dream a few weeks ago that is too funny no to share and included - yet again - a mirror. I'll cut to the funny part. I had become lucid and was standing in front of a mirror with a cat that I had found in the rain:

With a grin, I said to the cat, "This is my experience, so you can talk"

The cat turned its head away from me, and like a disobedient child said, "no!" Then, after a change of heart, the cat looked at me in the mirror and said (in a very prim and proper manner), "Well... I suppose I could recite some poetry for you if you like."
!!
It still makes me laugh out loud.

Anyway... I am hijacking the thread.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:29 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Justin wrote: With a grin, I said to the cat, "This is my experience, so you can talk"

The cat turned its head away from me, and like a disobedient child said, "no!" Then, after a change of heart, the cat looked at me in the mirror and said (in a very prim and proper manner), "Well... I suppose I could recite some poetry for you if you like."
!!
It still makes me laugh out loud.
That IS really funny. Maybe what materialized as a cat was a former comedian making an appearance in your dream. Or you have a very humorous subconscious and/or higher-self. :-)

I guess you woke up because of the good laugh you had...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lena wrote:As long, as you can concentrait on one thing at the time, you are OK. Don't split your attention, stay focused.
Very insightful Lena, thank you. This is precisely what has come to my awareness this week as the primary area I need to work on. Organizing my mind to stay focused on one task.
Lena wrote:Was it a test? Or was LCS helping you to see what could be a problem? It seems, you are learning your lessons. If it was a test, it will be repeated another time. Don't be disappointed, learning is a process. One part of it is to become aware of our mistakes and find a way to correct them.
Thank you very much for your wise words.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Another interesting thing to discuss-

Do you guys notice an increase in your ability, as well as an increase in your freedom in the larger consciousness as a result of passing these tests?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

a while back i had a dream about some guy who had a little job-shack-type trailer on a small otherwise empty lot. this guy had connections to local politicians and city officials that allowed him to place people in well paying ultra-cushy jobs -the type of which required very little work, or just an occasional workplace appearance. he was selling these jobs from his job shack.

i watched as customers entered and left his little office. he and his clients represented all those in power who cause suffering and sacrifice to so many in order to facilitate their own selfish desires. i was furious. i confronted the man, telling him how i was going to report him to the authorities. that is when he offered me one of those jobs in exchange for me keeping my mouth shut.

i woke up at the conclusion of the dream test -a typical occurrence. i made the right choice, but the victory was slightly bittersweet because i felt a little shameful for feeling so tempted by the job offer. however, after experiencing the severity of temptation in that situation, i now understand how even those with good intentions can get snared by selfishness they didn't even know they had (i never imagined i would be so weak in that situation).

targobaath, in response to your question, i do think the test/lesson above did increase my decision-space; i now find it easier to 'choose' to understand that even good people find it very hard to make the right decision -whereas i would normally choose to view that person as purely weak and selfish. life is hard for all of us.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Not sure if this was a test or not, If it was I didn't get a sense of failing it. This was actually the second excursion of the night but was not the usual that I am accustomed to with the 'other' taking over for a few seconds.

So it starts off in medieval ages, I was in a court yard as a common man. I was looking at a yard with a few children who I felt were orphans, there were 2 other guys 1 black and 1 white that did the kings bidding they wore regular clothing for the time, nothing fancy but had swords. So as I am observing I notice the children seem frighten and are slowly being taken away by other guys with swords, at this point there are 2 boys left, 1 white and 1 black boy, the white boy disappears and then there is just the little black boy who is being talked to by the black guy, he seems to be wanting to form some sort of bond with the boy like parent and son, he is treating the little black boy very well but the little black boy seems to know what’s happening to the other little boys and is to scared to trust anyone. The little black boy starts running away from the black guy yelling I’ve got fast toes, I’ve got me some fast toes ? , So after a min or 2 of the black guy trying to calm down the black boy, The kings 2nd hand man came down to the courtyard to see what the hold up was for not getting the boy to where he needed to go, at which point I found out that all the boy’s were being sacrificed and eaten. He threatened the black guy with his life, the man did not want the child to be taken away, he seemed to want to raise him as his own. The Kings 2nd had man then went after the boy to catch him and drag him to his destination, I then stepped in and told the fancy dressed stuffed shirt that he is not going anywhere with the child, he then tells me, do you know who your talking to , I will have you killed. I said I don’t care you are not going anywhere with that child, he then said I will have your head and start a little struggle with me, then something strange happened, a different personality, something that felt as if it is always there but unseen and unnoticed took brief control and took hold of the throat of the kings 2nd hand man and slammed him to the ground. I then told him 'you will know who I am very soon and you will tremble while thanking your gods I did not rip you into pieces this day'.

thynes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That hits me as a past (future?) life experience you re/premembered.
Love
Bette

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next