Free Will and Probable Realities

LAF

Free Will and Probable Realities

Post by LAF »

Just wondering - can we consider free will as a “real time“ manipulation of the brain's probable reality surface? (MBT's Figure 5-2 - Future Probable Reality Surface). Is this way of looking at free will useful at all? Is it already mentioned in MBT and I missed it? Is this interpretation completely wrong?
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcjr »

The results of free will interacting with PMR may be considered “as a 'real time’ manipulation of the brain's probable reality surface“, but free will itself is simply a necessary property of evolving consciousness - and as such exists at a level considerably beyond brains.
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcjr »

On the surface, your question about implementing free will within a PMR causality seems straightforward, however, under the hood it is a little more complicated. The question would appear to be able to be recast as: does the virtual human (individuated consciousness interacting — making free will choices — within a virtual reality) drive the state of the virtual brain or (as you suggest) does the state of the virtual brain (as a direct “physical“ representation of the individuated consciousness) drive the interactions of the virtual human?

Caveat: Note that the question reduces to the direction of process flow amongst the virtual functional players that we have defined to aid our understanding of the whole. One should always be careful not to confuse our virtual learning/teaching aids and representations (virtual functional players like humans, PMRs, individual interactions, and brains) with the underlining digital reality — don't confuse the virtual reality with the processes in the computer that create it (much less the computer itself). It is the results of the processes among virtual functional players that are directly significant to those players, not the processes (or process flows) themselves. The body-brain (one unit) is not the driver or motive source of free will, it is simply a representation/host of the consciousness within the PMR — an I/O-storage device or node within the Virtual reality simulator.

To answer the question: I would not describe human free will as a real time manipulation of the brain's probably reality surface. One may, in a practical sense think of the execution of free will in that way but I think such a description would, in general, lead to more confusion than clarity because it implies a process flow that is contrary (backwards) to the way things work. It would be much better to consider that the brain's probably reality surface is a real time result of human free will. The two (probable reality surface and free will) are highly correlated — the probable reality surface is a result of free will, it is a forward looking probabilistic representation of an individuated consciousness with free will expressing its quality within the framework of an interactive virtual reality.
LAF

Post by LAF »

To be fair, there are many approaches to understanding. That I pose such a technical question shows perhaps the limits of mine in that I find it difficult to transcend my desire for “mechanism“ (although I am making progress :-) ). That such a question is answered shows the scope of My Big TOE.
sabby

Re: Free Will and Probable Realities

Post by sabby »

It seems to me it is simply choosing from the available data in our awareness, and how that may play out as we continue through the on going thread into the future. Another words what we choose in the moment from our available choices, will create our future as we move into it. the brain just constrains our choices that we can make in PMR. The system can render things to us fluidly since we are constrained by the slow processing of the brain, and the limited choices we have in our awareness. So i think human freewill is a hallmark signature of the VR consciousness is playing in, in this PMR. Just some of my views. Sabby
Nihanobac

Post by Nihanobac »

Hey guys,

this is the topic that I understand the least in Tom's TOE and that bugs me the most, so I'd like to ask for more clarification. After reading your replies here, Tom, I still don't get how the brain/body is connected to the IUOC. The PMR body is data in TBC, right? And the IUOC is a little piece of AUM? Do they share some "memory-space", or are they separate and only interact? I guess what I don't understand is what is meant by the brain hosting the IUOC.

Any help appreciated :)

Nihanobac
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Nihanobac,

Do me a favor and read this description of Tom's model. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Th ... _Link_Page Then come back and ask specific questions. I seriously think that this is a better way to get answers for you than to try to fight through metaphors when Tom is not available very often. Of course, if you do not have some concept of mathematics and digital technology, this will not help, but you don't need a lot. If you can think in terms of this kind of metaphor, as you don't have to actually do any math, it is more concise than talking about a little bit of AUM and sharing memory space as metaphors. If you read this and still have these problems, we should at least have a more specific spot in your understanding to work on.

Ted
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by bette »

Consciousness leads the body follows. To a degree the development of the neural system is dependent upon our experiences as we learn what nouns mean and how reality seems to work in our Reality with each and every interaction with the nouns and the emotions/feelings that get attached by laying down neural tracts. There is a basic structure dependent on prenatal nutrition, DNA, genes, post natal nutrition and then all the data, everything attended to, neurally transduced into messengers, and interpreted per all our past experience with data like that data including the feelings that got attached possibly because of random associations made in our past we probably don't have any actual memory of, only a neural memory. Consciousness as data leads and the body follows.

The way I see the connection is Consciousness->Mind->Brain(body) with Mind the link between "physical" and nonphysical consciousness as an information system.
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.

Return to “Philosophy/Metaphysics”