Return Home
It is currently Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Post subject: Progressive Growth
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi All!

Is there an objective way to measure where you are in your personal growth in comparison to being unconditional love? It’s very easy to rationalize what your intention is. Is there a way to objectively quantify where you are now compared to quantified unconditional love on an ongoing basis?

Regards

Troy

Post subject: Re: Progressive Growth
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:58 am 
Curator
Curator

Not from our perspective here in PMR.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Troy,

If I am understanding you question, you can monitor/pay attention to your interactions/reactions from the people you interact with on a daily basis, you can ask the people closest to you family/friends if they notice anything different about you and they should notice you changing. Subjectively you can ask to see your progress in whatever form you wish, pie chart, bar graph and so on.

thynes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:09 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks Ted,

Has anyone evaluated the work of David Hawkins and if so, is there any value in it from a getting from here to unconditional love point of view?

Regards

Troy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:17 am 
Curator
Curator

Toby,
Subjectively you can ask to see your progress in whatever form you wish, pie chart, bar graph and so on.
A perspective which must come from our guidance in NPMR. The changes that you refer to are just that, changes. Not related to 'level'. Good thinking.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:31 am 
Curator
Curator

Regarding David Hawkins, here is a review of his thinking. http://www.spiritualteachers.org/david_hawkins.htm No sense in quoting from this review. There are more pages, ranging from blurbs from his publisher to no doubt other sources ranging from praise to pans if you search for him on a search engine.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

trobins50@gmail.com wrote:Hi All!

Is there an objective way to measure where you are in your personal growth in comparison to being unconditional love? It’s very easy to rationalize what your intention is. Is there a way to objectively quantify where you are now compared to quantified unconditional love on an ongoing basis?

Regards

Troy
Are people happy to see you? :)
Love to you and yours,
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

trobins50@gmail.com wrote:Hi All!

Regards

Troy
I don't know if it's objective, but the best way to measure this is via emotion.

The emotion of love or pure appreciation (both are the same) is the goal. Since that goal can only be obtained moment to moment, the measurement is in the number of moments you can string together holding that emotion. And the goal does not end once you're there, it's all about stringing these moments together on a continuous basis and learning to extend this high vibrational level over longer and longer periods. This is done through focus of thought.

It's important to realize that enlightenment is not an end-state.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:10 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Emotion can be a useful feedback mechanism that tells you how well you approach a situation. If you respond to a situation through a negative emotion that is usually sign that something is amiss, there is something that you need to work on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:38 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks for your reply Ted. I’m not a scientist so I have no way of knowing whether his work is valid or not. It would be fantastic if there was any merit to his work as I explain below.

Bette, I like the way you think. People are generally less happy to see me these days as I’ve stopped paying for the drinks but I’m not sure this is good or bad for how unconditionally loving I am.

Thynes, MicroGuy and PepperyPete, thanks for your help. I agree with you. Trouble is, every method so far is objective but leaves too much wiggle room for me. Ego is a tricky thing and rationalizing is easy, especially after the fact when reviewing performance. Should we disregard the past and only live in the present? In doing so do we lose the opportunity or lose the dishonesty?

There was a time we didn't measure IQ. Now we do and we are getting smarter as a species (in some ways!) and we have to adjust the IQ figures down every year so the average is still 100.

It would be so amazing and beneficial perhaps if we could measure, scientifically, spiritual IQ (unconditional love). Then there is nowhere to hide for the individual, and you can literally see where you are going (for those that want to).

If being unconditional love is the most profitable state, as we know it is, when this concept penetrates society, as it is (!) it would be helpful if we could bring the concept up to the conscious mind to help the unconscious. It would be nice if the so called left brain could assist the emotional right brain. This would help the system as a whole?

Any bored PhD’s out there? Any idea's?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think you may find some information in auras about the QoC of a bit of Consciousness if you can see them. It seems like Tom mentions this during the North Carolina get together that there is like a crown like effect and the longer the crown points went the more Love there was. That is the measure of QoC so...
Love
Bette