Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:58 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: A Few Questions For Tom
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:01 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hey Tom,

I'm Chad, I was at your Austin Workshop. I'm the guy whose credit card wouldn't process for like 2 months before you finally got it to work. lol

Anyways, after stumbling upon your videos on youtube last summer while searching for "Big Truth" I have had epiphany after epiphany. (not sure if I spelled that right)

I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on some of the other sources I have been coming across.

Here are the one's that intrigue me most, and that I notice all have a similar yet different message. Hopefully you are familiar with them.

Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsh. Any truth to what he says in those books? I know it is possible to channel with automatic writing, is he really channeling the Big Cheese?

The Urantia Book. Probably the most intrigueing source I've found. I wonder what your take on it is....

And also the Law of One material. Another book from a channeled source. Ever read it?

And lastly but certainly not leastly. 2012! I heard you once say in an interview that things will be getting rough in the very near future. But I don't think I've ever heard your take on 2012. According to the law of one it is the harvesting of souls that occurs on all planets. A transition period. I'm interested in what you have to say about it.

And also I just want to thank you for what you do. It was me who decided I needed REAL answers, and it was you who first made everything start making sense. From that point on I have not stopped. Thank you for showing me the truth.

-Chad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Chad
Welcome to Tom's discussion forum. Tom is busy at NASA as I understand it although I imagine he will get to your post eventually. I've asked about 2012 here and there are posts you can search and find about it here from others as well. As I have found Tom doesn't have much to say on it although listening to Monroe radio broadcasts supplied here (search for 'Monroe radio' perhaps) I have formed the idea that there will be at least 1000 years after 2012 that have humans on earth, but Tom didn't say that. The way I have begun to look at channeling in my very ignorant knowledge of it in person, is that the exchange of information was just being described in terms the participants already understood. I think Ted might have more understanding of that subject, I think. Welcome again. You've met Tom in person, wow. :)
Love to you and yours
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:52 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks bette,

I have been reading your posts for a long time now. It's nice to meet you. ; )

I guess while I'm waiting for Tom I could ask you a question. Have you ever read the Urantia Book?

I haven't read the whole thing yet, I just heard about it a few days ago, but it's VERY interesting so far.

It has no author, at least not a PMR author. It is supposedly written by highly evolved spiritual beings for the purpose of clearing up old religious misconceptions and to help raise the consciousness of the planet.

I have reason to beleive that many unusually highly evolved beings are now incarnated on earth for the soul purpose of raising the consciousness of as many people as possible in preperation for 2012. And not just the highly evolved teachers, but also teaching tools such as books are popping up everywhere for this same purpose.

I think Tom may be incarnate here right now for that very reason. I have heard him say on these forums before that he is a "wanderer". Which is what the Law of One calls those such highly evolved teachers. Those that wander from place to place, where ever they are needed most. Teaching those that request the knowledge of the infinate. Helping wherever help is needed.

The Urantia Book may be yet another of these tools for raising ones consciousness.

I'm trying to find someone with a non biased viewpoint that has read it so I can hear their thoughts on it. I figured this would be a good place to look.

One of the sources I almost 100% know for sure can be trusted is Thomas Cambell. And those that understand his teachings should have a solid peice of truth to compare the book to.

Oh, and what about Conversations with God? Those books are HUGE, millions have read them. I'm also interested in what you guys think about them as well.

-Chad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I haven't heard of the book, but will check it out. Thanks Chad, nice meeting you too.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello Chad,
While you wait, download from a link in another post named 'Explorer material". Here is the link for convenience http://www.monroeinstitute.org/download ... er-series/
These may answer your 'channeling' questions. This material is priceless IMO.
The 2012 question ... viewtopic.php?f=13&t=149&p=288&hilit=

Peter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:26 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks Peter, that looks like some good info from the Monroe Institute.

And the 2012 topic was pretty much asking the same question I would ask Tom. But he didn't really answer it though...

He said that the raising of one's consciousness is completely up to the individual. Which I completely agree with. And he said that the future is always open to change, which I also understand.

But what I'm wondering is if 2012, or sometime around 2012, is a point at which there is a kind of seperation.

Those that have reached a certain level of evolution of their consciousness will move on to a different "experience suite" and those that still require more earth experience will remain here. Like how Tom has compared us as being in a nursery school for budding consciousness. Some of us will graduate to kindergarden, the rest will remain in nursery school until they are ready.

Many teachers come to the class to give us a chance to voluntarily prepare ourselves if we want the help. Each teacher comes with basically the same message, but deliver it in their own specialized way. Like for technically minded people Tom is easiest to follow. For the mystics there is the Law of One, for the Christians there is Conversations with God, for New Agers there is the Urantia Book, ect.

I've heard it decribed as a wave of energy heading towards our solar system that is at a certain frequency. If you match the frequency you get carried away by it, if you don't match it, it doesn't even exist in your reality frame. You don't even notice it. But with this wave comes many global changes. Like all the cataclysms that people describe for 2012.

So everything I have heard that Tom has said about this topic still holds with these other things I have heard about 2012. Yes humans will live on earth for 1000 or more years afterwards, but those are just the ones that didn't "graduate" this time around.

And yes the raising of consciousness is up to the individual, but some still some come to try help as many graduate as possible. It is up to us to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps, but did not Tom assist you in wanting to? And did he not point you in the right direction to do just that, pull yourself up?

And yes the future is always open to change, it is only a potential, probable future. The details of how the changes will occur will vary depending on the freewill choices of all of us. But Tom, do you not see a huge spike in probability around 2012? Still a probable future, but I am thinking it might be one of those very probable ones, like the little skyscrapers on your probablity graph.

Wow, I typed a whole lot LOL, sorry guys I'm just really interested in this topic.

I can't wait to hear Tom's insight on this subject. Did he say how long he would be gone for?

-Chad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Chad said: "But what I'm wondering is if 2012, or sometime around 2012, is a point at which there is a kind of separation.
Those that have reached a certain level of evolution of their consciousness will move on to a different "experience suite" and those that still require more earth experience will remain here."

Hi Chad, I hear what you are saying in your post the above quote is from, really hear it because I have thought along those lines myself for awhile now. I would now say (and am saying) that the part I cut and pasted here doesn't require 2012 as it has been happening just like that for ever in this PMR, as I understand it. Once we have reached some level of quality of consciousness we no longer have to reincarnate but can move on in such a way as I can relate to your understanding of what may happen in 2012. A wave of physical energy would have big effect on physical stuff; I wonder what a wave of consciousness energy would do to both physical and nonphysical? hm...

Tom, as I understand from what I have read here, is busy busy but still has Internet access. Who knows when he might get several moments to pop in here to write? It would not surprise me in the least if Tom was a consciousness that could have moved on and not reincarnated to here, but decided rather to come back here and teach what he knows. Very generous of him, selfless even. It would surprise me if he was not such a soul.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ervin Laszlo talking about changes on Earth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_WQSBWl1IM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnR--7gcTiE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKgTWgEh ... re=related It seems to me in a second part he briefly talks about 2012.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chad: Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsh. Any truth to what he says in those books? I know it is possible to channel with automatic writing, is he really channeling the Big Cheese?

Tom: Though Walsh is not channeling the Big Cheese, there is some truth in most books like these. Typically, one finds a mixture of truth and misunderstanding --remember, each of us must interpret the data we get before expressing that data in terms of language (written or vocal) -- and that interpretation is necessarily based on our limited experience and beliefs. More important than asking "is it true" - which is equivalent to "should I believe it" is "what is the value of this information - how does it help me to grow the quality of my consciousness". Asking "what is the value of this belief" is mostly nonsense - beliefs have much presumed value but little real value. If it is not your truth, based on your experienced, then don't believe it -- Remain skeptical and open minded. Whether it is true or not is the wrong question. Cover your risks as you see them but learn to live with uncertainty.

There is but one truth, however there are many expressions of it. Communicated "Truth" may be more or less complete, comes on many levels of understanding and is expressed to connect with a specific audience. Before "truth" can do you any good it must resonate with your experience and your knowledge. Beware of confusing a resonance with you belief with a resonance with your experience and knowledge.

Chad: The Urantia Book. Probably the most intriguing source I've found. I wonder what your take on it is....

Tom: I know nothing of it, and thus have no opinion.

Chad: And also the Law of One material. Another book from a channeled source. Ever read it?

Tom: "No"

Chad: And last but certainly not least. 2012! I heard you once say in an interview that things will be getting rough in the very near future. But I don't think I've ever heard your take on 2012. According to the law of one it is the harvesting of souls that occurs on all planets.

Tom: 2012 comes between 2011 and 2013 - that is all I know about it for sure. There is some highly probable drama in our future but it is better to let the future unfold as it will and not feed the probability of a less fortunate outcome through our fear - reality reflects an interplay of consciousness and the rule-set. It is better to live gracefully with uncertainty than to allow our fears to be fanned into manifesting what they fear. The future is only probable and is dependent on the choices (of people and physics) made between now and then. Exceedingly few discussions of the future are not fear based and those that are not, quickly end up that way. Fear is the enemy of personal consciousness evolution. Our inability to live with uncertainty is a great source of our fear. Learn to let go of what you cannot control or prepare for - which describes most of what is important in our PMR life. Pretending to control or to be prepared in order to make yourself feel better is a useless distraction.

In the game of consciousness evolution there is no free lunch. Nobody gets $200 just for passing "Go" or catching a wave in 2012. "harvesting of souls" is a metaphor that could mean many things. Let it go -- just grow -- that is the best preparation for any future.

Tom C

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:08 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks Tom,

You have a much bigger picture view of things than I do.

-Chad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:16 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

ps,

I'm not sure if you would know this or not Tom, but if Walsh is not channeling the Big Cheese, what is he doing? Is he channeling someone else that is just claiming to be God, or is he not channeling at all? Is it all coming from him?

I guess the only way you could know this for sure is if you looked into it in NPMR, but I don't know if you do that kind of thing. Either way, I'm sure you still at least have a theory about what Walsh does to get his information. I'm guessing you read the books.

The things he says in those books are very insightful, and I would have a hard time accepting that it is coming from him alone.

-Chad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chad,

I didn't read the book but I saw the movie. Actually I did read selections of the book. I agree, much of it makes good sense and rings true. Walsh was channeling all right but not from the Big Cheese. There are a group of beings called "The Teachers" that flow information to chosen individuals for wider distribution. For example Seth channeling through Jane Roberts was one of these. The same entity that voiced Seth has voiced several of the popular channeled materials under different names over the last 30 years. Messages under each "pen name" were presented in tone and content to appeal to a given audience. It is likely that Walsh was connected to one of this group -- perhaps even "Seth" himself. That Walsh called it "Conversations With God" was either clever marketing or part of the sources way of connecting with the targeted audience.

Tom C

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I could see the title "Conversations with God" being able to maybe break through the barriers of belief surrounding many religious type people. That would at least get them to pick up the book and then the message contained within could crack a few more barriers. That would give a little more chance than "Conversations with the Teachers." No offense to the teachers of course.
I have read some of Walsh's books. The first two I think it was. They do seem to contain some big truths.

Ramon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

There are a group of beings called "The Teachers" that flow information to chosen individuals for wider distribution. For example Seth channeling through Jane Roberts was one of these. The same entity that voiced Seth has voiced several of the popular channeled materials under different names over the last 30 years. Messages under each "pen name" were presented in tone and content to appeal to a given audience. .
Tom,
Are you familiar with Michael Teachings? http://www.michaelteachings.com/who_is_michael.html Could this the same entity as Seth ?
Also on the site there is a teaching on 'Soul ages' i.e. Infant, Baby, Young, Mature, Old http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_age_index.html
How does this fit into MBT ?

thanks,
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Peter,

I am not familiar with Michael Teachings, but if it seems to paraphrase Seth in its fundamental world view, meaning, and content -- then it is of a similar, if not identical, source even though it has a style that is uniquely suited to both the medium and the audience.

Tom C