Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:32 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not ask questions about the model of Reality here. Only discuss principles and practical applications.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:45 pm 
Curator
Curator

Principle 7: Faking it does not make it so but is better than nothing.

Acting ‘as if’ you possessed a desirable property of being is not directly effective as a tool of change. It is however effective in terms of being aware of feedback as the claimed behavior conflicts with the actual behavior as an observable ‘stress’ or an observable feedback within oneself.

Origin:

This principle derives from a combination of principles 4 and 5 in the above list. For convenience, these are repeated here:

4) You have internally, within your IUOC, a property known as Intent which represents your being level understanding and individual incorporation of these previously listed Primary Principles listed as 1, 2 and 3. This is not an intellectual understanding but a matter of being ‘coded’ into your digital being as an IUOC. It is the basic and automatic response mechanism to ‘other’ in your interactions as an IUOC without the requirement for conscious thought via your FWAU VR self.

5) Intensity of interactions and prompt feedback as to the quality of our choices are necessary to optimize the probability of entropy reduction as it occurs within your IUOC as being your basic digital code of your digital mind. The basic reason that PMRs were invented and what we come here to experience.

Derivation of this principle from these two primary principles is as follows. Acting as if or pretending that we have a desirable property of Quality of Consciousness that you actually do possess is already a violation of Principle 4. Pretending requires taking though rather than acting from the base quality of Intent. It can never the less still be combined with feedback as for Principle 5 to move you in the right direction as you compare the acting with the reality and thus generate a dissonance as feedback.

Initial Application:

While not the same as actually possessing a given characteristic, it does provide value to those with whom we interact and thus reduce some direct negative feedback. If we are honest with ourselves and pay attention to the feedback from the internal dissonance, we can still achieve some of the benefit of the primary process of interacting and paying attention to the feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted,
Would another way to put it { faking it is not so, but better than nothing}, be- if you control yourself, as in being careful to what you say to people, when something is starting to bug you, about a person, but in your mind, you want to do a lot of cutting verbiage to them, but you don't, but you would like to , and they probably need to be told what they are doing, and how they are doing it, and what they are manifesting that they care or like. This is faking and discipline and being civilized simultaneously.

I wish I was like Eckart Tolle, the more I try , the more I realize I am a fraud , so I will just be nice & polite & courteous. Tom, says that outward work does not produce inward change/evolution, but the dealing with issues in life, and "experiencing" going thru/dealing with them , is what changes the QOC, [ entropy reduction].

I would score big, if points were given for the outward image of seemingly being spiritual or somewhat evolved consciously. My bootstraps are pretty dam stiff, and hard to pull up. Does persistence count for anything, or determination to not just give up, and go live in the woods, until you die. I must have a thick file of entropy, of my being. If I don't fake it, no one would want me within a mile of them, I got a lot inside this ole mind. I don't think I have ever been this @#$% &* mentally, & etc., in all my life. But I am going to keep going, and hopefully, the faking will become less, and the real ness at my being level, will become reality.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:23 am 
Curator
Curator

Mike,

You are getting the idea I am trying to get across exactly. You are exemplifying this principle within your life as you describe it. You seem to be seeing the advantages and making use of the feedback from this approach.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"...and they probably need to be told what they are doing, and how they are doing it, and what they are manifesting that they care or like."

Just a comment... it is doubtful that someone else needs to be told anything. That kind of thinking comes from your ego of "you know best." People that are going down the wrong path get lots of feedback. It is better just to pay attention to your own feedback. Being irritated about other people also comes from ego.

Tom:
Sometimes. If "faking it" is part of a process leading to "making it", then there is value in it, often this is the case if the faking is only temporary -- but there is risk. If "faking it" never leads toward "making it", then there is negative value in it -- you will become cynical, self-righteous, and worse off than you were before you started faking it.

Of course faking it may make you less annoying to others, at least until cynical and self-righteous sets in -- but in the end it is a net loss.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3139&p=7113&hilit=faking+it#p7113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
"...and they probably need to be told what they are doing, and how they are doing it, and what they are manifesting that they care or like."

Just a comment... it is doubtful that someone else needs to be told anything. That kind of thinking comes from your ego of "you know best." People that are going down the wrong path get lots of feedback. It is better just to pay attention to your own feedback. Being irritated about other people also comes from ego.
So true. Righteous anger may indeed be "righteous", but it is still very much an expression of ego.

Though "faking it" is probably better than nothing, Tom has offered some practical advice that we can apply to avoid stumbling into a self-referential fog of fear and belief. Among the practical nuggets of advice I've heard Tom tender with regard to how to improve one's QoC are the following, paraphrased:

1) We should make an effort to be aware of our intentions. (Is it about "me", or is it about "other"?)
2) Every time we feel a negative emotion, we should attempt to trace it back to the fear or fears that gives rise to the negative emotion.
3) We should try to confront our fears. One way to confront fear is to come to terms with the worst imaginable possibility, and then proceed in defiance of that possibility.

There may be other bits of advice that have emerged from his videos, but these are the three that I try to keep in mind. It is especially interesting to experience how one's ego rankles when Item #2 is applied. The ego is full of excuses and always insists that its point of view is strictly rational and therefore justified. It also doesn't particularly like to have its point of view challenged.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, exactly- the feedback as in "what is the reason" I am "bugged" by anyone, and, it is, the" ego" that wants to react , in lieu of "re-sponding" [ being responsible to my self ]. Re-action, whether verbal or physical, [ in this scenario , not in a life or death matter for safety of someone's life or your own, but just plain BS conversation & etc.]. A person, like Eckart Tolle, can not be offended at all, because he has very little ego, and obviously very low entropy at his being level, which manifest in his human identity. That is why I mentioned him.

I am sure Tom & Ted are like this also. When I , "think" in a moment like this, instead of letting my cat out of the bag, I do what Tolle says - I asked myself " who is the one being bugged?" It is always, my ego identity . When I have taken the time, at a given instance when, something is said to me, that I know is intended to be a cut, or a sweet toned insult, from a person, I am the one who chooses to " get my feelings " hurt or pissed, or any other high entropy "reaction, mentally or verbally.> Which is just a manifestation of the QOC, and it is feedback to me. I am aware , so, I only have one way to deal with "me", and that is to hold back on any "egoic" feelings of having, to let them know, how, screwed up they are for what they said or did-, ie- keep my thoughts to my self, and realize/be aware, that this is, low, quality consciousness, the judgment of others, and me acting like a victim & etc.

I know that faking it must not become a mainstay, or lifestyle, but in the "interim", period, until this entropic part of my being level has evolved thru things like this, I don't see no other way, to remain civilized, other than keep quiet, and self study-" why anything" should be a catalyst of my allowing, for ego to have an open field day. I would love to not have to fake anything, and I know it will not always be this way, with me, and I am as Tom says " it is how you deal with the issues". I have to use the old metaphor , " just take a moment" , before making a decision to say or do anything, when in a situation that could easily become a conflict, & etc.
Thanks to you all for commenting. mike p

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Faking it/ being a fraud >
I have come to realize, that I am a fraud, in many area's, of my human identity/personality. I am, I would say, in a lot of cases/situations, and with some people, - having to "fake it, until I make it". When, I am being engaged by someone , as in to converse, in casual conversation, and I try to respond by what is inside my mind, and not from a fabricated mind set to appease the other person, [ but not in rudeness or arrogance, - just my opinion & thoughts on the topic of discussion, and in a friendly tone & demeanor, people think I am nuts .

So, in order that I will not offend anyone, or appear, seemingly unsocial , & unfriendly, I have to converse with people by way of not really being honest with myself, > in my responses in a conversation. It seems like most people I know personally, who verbally extend their personal views on anything, don't want to here anything that conflicts with their belief about what ever it is, we are talking about. Even if I remain in a neutral responsive mode in the dialogue. I am not , by nature, a conflictatory person, I actually am quite the other way around, [ I used to be], to the point of agreeing with people, just to avoid any conflicts.

Henceforth , I want to really let the core of myself, manifest thru this IOUC in this V human mind & body, in this PMR realm, as to " live in the present" and from who I am, not what I think I am per the matrix in this PMR, & what other people have told me, & influenced me , and what the majority of humans tell children , what life is all about.
So, I will make a few comments /questions > I have asked at least 2 times on this forum, - about the LCS & nudging, such as in why did not someone like Hitler get nudged to stop him from committing the atrocities, to several million people, and yet the LCS will nudge someone from using his intent to pickup woment. >> Using intent to pick up women, was posted a good while back by someone, and someone else responded back with, " he better be careful , the LCS will nudge him".

I don't agree with, using intent for that purpose, I guess, but what is the deal. Did the LCS, think it was better for itself & consciousness sake to let Hitler carry on with as far as he went, without being stopped, until it was by PMR US & Ally forces, but if a guy uses his intent to pickup a women, he gets nudged. Is there a deeper reason, that was worth the death, torture & annihilation, of several million people, that is more profitable "not" to nudge-[with the intent of changing Hitlers course], than a guy trying to get laid. Which is worse, in the big picture of things. Taking mental advantage of a women, who will probably like it anyway, or the gross atrocities that Hitler did?
mike p

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Faking is just a disguise, and you will go on being the same.
No growth, plus a guilt feeling of being a dupe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

To mike p: I guess the LCS only nudges people who have at least half a mind to be nudged, and as Tom says, the quality of our guides (in the LCS) differs enormously (just as we as individuals differ enormously).

Dinah: I'd be interested in what you recommend instead of faking. How do the know the feeling of guilt or being a dupe is not coming from the ego? If we never fake it or cool it, how do you propose we grow - by being true to our immediate feelings in all situations, thereby provoking conflict and then dealing with the heavy fallout? Phew! That's a tough call (and not at all what Eckhart Tolle recommends).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

MIKE: I don´t think you are any Fraud. You are just conscious of faking in situations where you consider people would feel offended if you were sincere.

VZAM is completely right in what he says. We cannot go about creating conflict in all our relationships and social contacts because we tell what we think is the truth in the face of people.

When I see that someone is open , I am as sincere as I can. I love being sincere and opening my heart . That is my condition as a poet. On the other side, in my condition as a science person, i have to keep calm and think it over.

Using Tom´s concepts, As a science person I am intellect, as a consciousness that is essential love I am a poet. In my poetry that is what I do: integrate my intellect with the being I am. Carl Gustav Jung used to say that in intellectual people, many times the right hand doesn´t know what the left hand does, dissociating in neurosis.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:20 pm 
Curator
Curator

Dinah,

Have you ever taken the Meyer-Briggs free personality tests on the Internet. This has been mentioned on the board. Tom for instance, who first mentioned this, says that he is an INTP while I am an INFJ as are a number of others on the board. This might give you insight into your personal 'style'. There have also been links posted to simple (limited) tests for right side versus left side balance.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted, I did the test and this was the result:

ENFJ personality

ENFJ_Representing approximately 2 percent of all people, the ENFJ personality type tends to be very influential, often without making any conscious effort to increase their influence. As part of the Diplomats (NF) group, ENFJs are genuinely interested in other people and radiate authenticity, concern, and altruism. Not surprisingly, those who surround ENFJs usually find them very inspiring and likeable.

ENFJs are usually very charismatic and eloquent and find it natural and easy to communicate their ideas and opinions, especially in person. It does not really matter whether they are presenting cold facts or expressing raging emotions; the ENFJ will not be afraid to stand up and speak, regardless of the audience.

Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone. Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety. Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression. Your glance can awaken joy. Your words can inspire freedom. Your every act can open hearts and minds.
David Deida
This is one of the reasons why ENFJs can be so convincing and mesmerizing when they speak: they instinctively know how to combine passion and rational arguments, drawing the audience’s attention and reaching every mind. People with this personality type can be great leaders, and they do not necessarily have to get into politics to make a difference. An ENFJ teacher or coach can have a strong positive effect on many people’s lives as well.

ENFJ personalities are very intuitive. They find it easy to sense other people’s motives and find connections between seemingly unrelated events. ENFJs also tend to be quite good at analyzing their own feelings and questioning them if necessary.

On the other hand, such intuitiveness and sensitivity can also cause significant difficulties for people with this personality type. They may be too altruistic and empathic, getting too involved in other people’s problems. They may then find it difficult to detach and stop worrying. In extreme cases, this can even affect the ENFJs’ perception of themselves.

ENFJs are optimistic idealists, often trusting other people more than they should—although this usually turns out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. As already mentioned above, ENFJs can be very convincing and inspiring. People are drawn toward strong personalities, and the ENFJ’s charisma can often be a uniting and motivating factor.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:53 am 
Curator
Curator

Basically the same as the INFJ in many ways, 3 out of the 4 'personality axes'. They differ on this axis:
Extraversion (E) – (I) Introversion.

The other 3 axes of personality under this Meyer-Briggs 'coding' are:
  • Sensing (S) – (N) Intuition
    Thinking (T) – (F) Feeling
    Judging (J) – (P) Perception
Ted

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Faking it/ being a fraud >
I have come to realize, that I am a fraud, in many area's, of my human identity/personality. I am, I would say, in a lot of cases/situations, and with some people, - having to "fake it, until I make it". When, I am being engaged by someone , as in to converse, in casual conversation, and I try to respond by what is inside my mind, and not from a fabricated mind set to appease the other person, [ but not in rudeness or arrogance, - just my opinion & thoughts on the topic of discussion, and in a friendly tone & demeanor, people think I am nuts .

So, in order that I will not offend anyone, or appear, seemingly unsocial , & unfriendly, I have to converse with people by way of not really being honest with myself, > in my responses in a conversation. It seems like most people I know personally, who verbally extend their personal views on anything, don't want to here anything that conflicts with their belief about what ever it is, we are talking about. Even if I remain in a neutral responsive mode in the dialogue. I am not , by nature, a conflictatory person, I actually am quite the other way around, [ I used to be], to the point of agreeing with people, just to avoid any conflicts.

Henceforth , I want to really let the core of myself, manifest thru this IOUC in this V human mind & body, in this PMR realm, as to " live in the present" and from who I am, not what I think I am per the matrix in this PMR, & what other people have told me, & influenced me , and what the majority of humans tell children , what life is all about.
So, I will make a few comments /questions > I have asked at least 2 times on this forum, - about the LCS & nudging, such as in why did not someone like Hitler get nudged to stop him from committing the atrocities, to several million people, and yet the LCS will nudge someone from using his intent to pickup woment. >> Using intent to pick up women, was posted a good while back by someone, and someone else responded back with, " he better be careful , the LCS will nudge him".

I don't agree with, using intent for that purpose, I guess, but what is the deal. Did the LCS, think it was better for itself & consciousness sake to let Hitler carry on with as far as he went, without being stopped, until it was by PMR US & Ally forces, but if a guy uses his intent to pickup a women, he gets nudged. Is there a deeper reason, that was worth the death, torture & annihilation, of several million people, that is more profitable "not" to nudge-[with the intent of changing Hitlers course], than a guy trying to get laid. Which is worse, in the big picture of things. Taking mental advantage of a women, who will probably like it anyway, or the gross atrocities that Hitler did?
mike p
I'm not sure Hitler was not nudged. Perhaps he ignored or was not aware of those "subtle nudges" but the fall of the Third Reich all around him was a pretty big nudge for him if you ask me. It may seem insensitive to say but the LCS allows these things to occur as a trainer to setup optimal drama/situations for learning, realization of where the aggregate QOC of humanity is absent the man-made rulesets, etc. There are many reasons LCS may allow this .. God lets fly an arrow in flight and ten thousand targets are struck.

The agree/disagree is your beliefs and a judgement based on that.
Picking up a woman to get laid is an act.. what was the intent behind it? Positive or negative? "Taking mental advantage" does not seem overtly positive and those words are scented of "control" and "self" .. "probably like it anyway" neither.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Insanecoder
The eternal divine consciousness knows exactly what will happen and the consequences, that is why it allows it. We also know it, only that we don´t remember. So in that sense i agree with you.

I think the divine consciousness allows horrible things to happen, because he knows they are temporary, and probably some great lesson is learned.

For me it is even more difficult to evaluate because my whole family on my fathers side in the Warsaw Ghetto was murdered by the Nazis and only my grand father remained. It was a big family. They were starved to death and then died in the crematorium ovens.
A French family member was taken by the Nazis from her apartment in the center of Paris, and also gazed in a concentration camp. On my mother´s side, most of the family was also murdered.

But we must also take into account that cause and effect are valid. Germany was in a severe economical depression, and jews, blacks, gipsies, homosexuals, were declared "bad quality" beings, taken as scapegoats to divert the population from the situation Also a thirst for absolute power. The USA didn´t want to intervene and allowed the situation to go to extremes, until the situation became menacing.