Return Home
It is currently Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Shaking Bed
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Uncle Tom,

It's been a long time since I visited the group. I've been having some interesting things happening lately! Whenever I return from an AP the bed will be shaking. I'm not talking about the vibration normally associated with AP, I'm talking full on shaking. At first I thought it was just me (feeling it), or the house, but it's completely random. It can be any house or hotel, any time of day and my wife and kids can also feel it. It will usally continue for about 30 seconds after i return or wake up. It doesn't scare me and lately I've been trying to make it intensify, no luck though, if anything I'm making it go away.

Have you or anyone else had this experience? Any advice welcome!

BTW, I saw the London lectures - Good stuff!

Thanks,
Kevin

Post subject: Re: Shaking Bed
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kevin,

What is the frequency of the shaking that you experience (bumps per second)?

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:25 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hey Tom,

Maybe 2 to 6 bumps per second

Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kevin,

That is the range where perception often warps out of PMR. Just go with it and experience it -- play with it and when you have become connected to it, try to control it -- then explore its limits and learn what it can do and what you can do with it. Ask questions of your "guides" after you gain a mastery of the experience.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:04 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks Tom,

If the warp you're talking about is what I think it is,(when perception shifts between realities) then yeah that's when it seems to happen. Do you have any idea what could cause an actual physical manifestation of the vibrations? Barring of course earthquakes, trains, Restless leg syndrome;). Remember, this is something that my wife can feel as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kevin,

It may not be a physical vibration. Just because you wife and kids -- or even the neighbors -- feel it does not necessarily make it physical -- all are consciousnesses in a web or relation. Your experience may be entangled with their experience -- perhaps for no other reason than to demonstrate the nature of the larger reality system to you, your wife, and/or whoever else might be involved with the experience. If several seismic sensors from different sources recorded the vibrations at the same time you return from an astral projection it is only a coincidence unless it happens often and consistently. That makes it a physical fact. Such physical facts are only one small, very limited, category of useful information.

Tom C

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom,

For a while From time to time when I am either using Gateway CD's or just meditating sitting quietly I will get a bouncy feeling.
As if my body or parts of my body are moving up and down in very short movements.

They are quick kind of pulses. I guess it feels like 1/2 inch, 1 inch up and down, a few times per second.
So I have the idea something at that point is happening but no vibrations come, no OOBE and things fizzle out. Sometimes I will even get twitches or pulses in the groin area. It's as if the power is trying to come on. I am used to it now and don't think much of it so there is no expectation when it happens. But it doesn't go anywhere. However, I have added another sensation to the mix recently, a pressure at the top of the nose bridge which for the first time actually moved up in between and above the eyes brows yesterday and it felt larger and circular in sensation for a short time before it faded and moved back down again.

Any thoughts

OM

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OM,

The goal is to get to the point where you aren't even aware of your body. A point where you just aren't thinking of any part of your body moving or not moving. Until then, I'm pretty sure anything you are experiening is an expectation of a self-created placebo type effect.

You're just gonna have to keep working towards getting to the "void" where you lose all your physical senses. Once you get there, you have reached the point of just letting do of trying to control the experience. I have been working on this for over a year and I AM making progress. But you just gotta not even worry about ANYTHING until you actually get to the point of "smooth exit" from your body.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Toby

I have been in states where I have had a shifting in consciousness and kind of was just me and nothing else mattered, body etc, But no exit.
After thinking about it a bit. There is no perceivable movement other than a bouncy feeling. Maybe it's a crude version of the vibrations.

You're just gonna have to keep working towards getting to the "void" where you lose all your physical senses.
But you just gotta not even worry about ANYTHING until you actually get to the point of "smooth exit" from your body.

Sounds like small moves and a slow road.
I guess the thing that makes me expect more, faster, is that I have had some intermittent OBE's experiences, previous vibrations and Paralysis so I think It might be right around the corner any day now. Probably more of a distraction to think that way. But I have been feeling less expectation and just letting things be, hence this new sensation in the brow region.

OM

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[quote]OM, Sounds like small moves and a slow road.
I guess the thing that makes me expect more, faster, is that I have had some intermittent OBE's experiences, previous vibrations and Paralysis so I think It might be right around the corner any day now. Probably more of a distraction to think that way. But I have been feeling less expectation and just letting things be, hence this new sensation in the brow region.

OM/quote]

OM,

I used to feel this same way for a long time and it only leads to a build up of frustration/aggravation when that day you think is right around the corner doesn't show up in the time frame you want it to show up. those feeling will grow and hamper your progress even more, basically come to terms with it, let it go and don't even think about having them, keep working with your meditation and don't expect anything. Once you let this go 'and it sounds like you are starting to think that way now' you will have a greater peace and calmness in your mind and you may start to notice some things in your meditation.

This is just something I have experienced, I hope it can help you out.

Have a great day OM

Thynes

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Since we are like little kids here, and everything is fractal, would child psychology be of any help in this situation?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:28 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks Tom, that's a possibility I hadn't thought of!

Kevin

Tom wrote : "Your experience may be entangled with their experience -- perhaps for no other reason than to demonstrate the nature of the larger reality system to you, your wife, and/or whoever else might be involved with the experience."