Return Home
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
 Post subject: Re: Toms Diet
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:16 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I eat lots of nuts everyday. The natural rice/black rice seems to be the ideal food for me to add to my diet. Like i wrote, the natural rice has GI of 50/54, which is directly at the border from low to medium glycemic value. That's why i wanted to play it say. When i mixed rice into my veggie soup, it was the first time i didn't feel hungry for about 3 hours. I searched the forum for "natural rice" because it is written on the label and did not find much about it. I didn't know that it is commonly called "brown rice" in the states (I am from germany). Now i found it and everything is clear. Sorry for my unnerving questions.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:46 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hello, I have a question. To make the spinach smoothie, do I have to use only the leaves or it all? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is entirely your preference. Either is fine. You will get a bit more fiber if you use the stems as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:54 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Is there any concern regarding the soup vegetables being kept in water for a long period of time?

I'm curious if the vegetables lose nutrients when a) being boiled and b) being kept in water for a couple days at a time

The reason I ask is I've recently taken up the smoothie and vegetable soup regimen and have prepared a few days worth of each.

Cheers,

Onyx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've just tried the green smoothie for lunch and breakfast this past weekend. Monday when I had my usual banana-nut bread baked with gluten-free flour and Stevia, my stomach actually 'turned' a bit while initially biting into it. I was quite surprised and found myself looking forward to more green smoothies and no more banana-nut bread !

I just bought a dozen of canning jars, so I can make more than a glassful. The vitamix is on the list after my house closing in Oct.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:30 am 
Normal User
Normal User

RBM wrote:I've just tried the green smoothie for lunch and breakfast this past weekend. Monday when I had my usual banana-nut bread baked with gluten-free flour and Stevia, my stomach actually 'turned' a bit while initially biting into it. I was quite surprised and found myself looking forward to more green smoothies and no more banana-nut bread !

I just bought a dozen of canning jars, so I can make more than a glassful. The vitamix is on the list after my house closing in Oct.
RBM,

Have you begun the smoothie regimen for health reasons, clarity of consciousness, or both? I've recently taken it up as well... not sure if others have continued on with it or have taken a liking to something else. It'd be nice to chat with someone about little tips and tricks or progress made with the diet :).

Have you tried the vegetable soup?

Cheers,

Ricky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

onyx wrote:
RBM wrote:I've just tried the green smoothie for lunch and breakfast this past weekend. Monday when I had my usual banana-nut bread baked with gluten-free flour and Stevia, my stomach actually 'turned' a bit while initially biting into it. I was quite surprised and found myself looking forward to more green smoothies and no more banana-nut bread !

RBM,

Have you begun the smoothie regimen for health reasons, clarity of consciousness, or both? I've recently taken it up as well... not sure if others have continued on with it or have taken a liking to something else. It'd be nice to chat with someone about little tips and tricks or progress made with the diet :).

Have you tried the vegetable soup?

Cheers,

Ricky
Historically speaking my health is the longest term consideration, as I became severely sensitive to gluten, several years ago. Then I read Tom's work about sugar, along with Dr Lustig's video, called 'Sugar the Bitter Truth'. At that point clarity of consciousness became a health issue for me.

My implimentation is imperfect at best. My work schedule is one problem and the loads of food I haven't touched since the smoothies, is another problem, although degrees lesser. For work I've purchased some quart Ball jars which allows me to consume at work, per se. I have a dutch-over sized recipe of a pasta dish which I will first consume before switching to a vegan vegetable soup recipe. I haven't yet found one I like, through an online search, but I continue to look.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The smoothie seems to have severely arrested most all my eczema symptoms in multiple body locations. And I'm not even into a full implementation, yet. Talk about pleasantly surprised ...

As a result I'm looking for clarification of which vegan vegetable soup Tom consumes. It's really easy to find similar recipes, in a needle-in-a-haystack sort of way online. Here's one I found, Blender Babes.

Regardless, I've ordered the book.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think Tom makes his own. The recipe might be on the forum. You can do a search to see if you can find it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:39 pm 

If I understand correctly the intake of sugar by the FWAU somehow causes a decreased lack of signal clarity from the IUOC to the LCS. Given that the theory states that our IUOC is only receiving messages from the LCS that create the VR reality frame that our IUOC experiences, how is it that interacting with any substance in this reality frame would have an impact on our IUOC's signal clarity to/from the LCS? Our IUOC receives all sorts of messages from the LCS that are not part of this reality frame VR. I would assume that since those messages are independent of this VR reality frame that they are in no way impacted. So I'm not sure why, other than a probability that the sugar will impact our FWAU's virtual mental capacity, that this should somehow interfere with our ability to receive alternate messages in tandem with keeping our PMR awareness here. To be clear on the previous sentence, I mean processing multiple reality frames at once such that our PMR awareness stays grounded in conjunction with processing the alternate messages. An example, I choose to remote view by querying the LCS to show an image that corresponds with a very specific pointer. If my FWAU has had sugar in the last hour vs not having sugar, how is making this query going to be impacted by the intake of that sugar (assume I've never had sugar in my life and that this is my first time)?

So in summary, how is it that the substance we identify as 'sugar' somehow impacts our IUOCs' signal clarity and make it more difficult for our FWAU to experience other VR reality frames in tandem with the dedicated VR reality frame?

Is this a clear question?

Thanks

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Because there is a ruleset in this VR. And just like a brain injury would be a constraint in processing data, so is sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and all the rest of the substances that effect brain chemistry. It is just like your character in a video game. The game has a certain ruleset. If your character can't swim, and falls into a river, it will drown.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:06 pm 
Curator
Curator

Mike,

Do you see that the effect is not on the IUOC itself but on 'you' as the avatar that your IUOC experiences in PMR, via the rule set just as Sainbury explains. The IUOC itself is unaffected. Everything ties together so you must be careful to keep clear the cause and effect relationships.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:25 am 

Ok so the impact on the avatar's virtual brain chemistry is the key. So if I understand correctly, in the midst of our FWAU's constraints, provided by the current dominant VR rule set, it may interfere with the avatar's ability to dual process multiple incoming data streams?

Thanks

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Chemicals ingested can interfere with processing just the PMR data stream.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:50 am 

So if I did some personal consciousness experiments and used binomial analysis to validate a better than random ability to, for example, remote view targets using direct pointers would it then be pertinent that I cut out sugar to get a significantly higher success rate?
Should I still be able to get better than random while still ingesting sugar?
What success rate should I consider to be random given that to even get one is highly unlikely unless I use my intellect to modify my perception of the target after the fact?

I have been casually practicing meditation to enhance my ability to receive other incoming data streams with mild success. I have been able to, at times, receive messages to vaguely view remote targets, and in moving frames with deeper meditation, but in order to be objective I feel that I would need to apply some quantitative analysis to further validate my perspective on the theory. I have considered slowly cutting sugar out of my diet, but given that it is not fundamental to QOC growth I'm not sure it makes much of a difference to do so unless it is for research purposes.

To give you more perspective on my personality traits, I am an INTJ. Nice to meet you.

Thanks

Mike

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next