Return Home
It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. Ted said it well. Evolution is never working toward attaining a fixed endpoint. it is an open-ended process that is never done unless it runs out of possibilities to explore.... and that, given the size, scope, and huge amount of both creativity and uncertainty in the system, is exceedingly unlikely to ever be a problem. The only limits that we can see are the limits of our own imagination.

2. Vzam, I think you are mostly just having some fun with this comment, but I have heard enough others say similar things in all seriousness that I am going to answer it anyway for the record. Casting the LCS as a big ego is like casting water as the epitome of dryness. No information that I have experienced would support this assertion as a possibility. The LCS simply wants to survive by continuing to evolve rather than de-evolve. It is a social system and an information system, thus evolving requires moving toward lower entropy states that optimize individuals as well as the collective -- this can only be done within an other-centered ethic of caring and cooperation. Egoistic interactions are high entropy and thus counterproductive.

Tom