Return Home
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:59 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:07 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I had a dream this night, where I was a completely different person, in different world, gender, age, etc. I can still say that “I” was in that dream, even though everything was different. The only thing that connects that dream with this me-avatar is the witnessing presence that experienced both of those. I assume that the only thing common was the same IUOC (true me).

I think I’ve read on the forums that pure IUOC is not self aware and it can only be so through an avatar. In this avatar I can become self aware and understand that all of this is just VR and act in a more conscious, less automatic manner. With a bit of practice I can become self aware in dreams too (so instead of almost automatically play out the dream role in that dream scenario, I can become aware that it’s just a dream, remember my PMR avatar and it’s mind’s content).

This makes me wonder, can self awareness become IUOC’s feature? Achieve such a lucid state where it’s self aware in every avatar it creates? Or is it always up to an avatar’s effort (amount of effort depending on QoC)? Can I reach a state where I’ll be by default self aware? For example, if I make high mindfulness my default state, I’ll be lucid in every dream (or most). But if this PMR avatar dies, in the next PMR incarnation I’ll have to achieve it again? (perhaps just easier because of higher QoC?)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:27 am 
Curator
Curator

Gerber,

The idea is that an IUOC when in a VR experience has what it is aware of come to it through the messaging over the RWW. The IUOC also needs the developing history of the avatar in that RWW messaging to interpret the new messages coming in over the RWW. That is why you start out as an infant in PMR at the beginning of an incarnation and develop your knowledge and understanding of PMR as you experience your development from birth in the PMR VR.

An IUOC has more than one stream of RWW messages and past histories that give it multiple experiences. One VR experience of an IUOC is that of existing in NPMR and using the NPMR history to subjectively interpret new experience in NPMR. This NPMR history extends into the past as far as that NPMR experience has gone on. Intermittently that IUOC incarnates and creates a new avatar in PMR, starts over with a new history thread to use in interpreting this new PMR avatar's life. The IUOC is a digital mind which time shares between how ever many VRs it exists within at one time.

But the majority of its time it spends as what you might think of as a neuron in the brain of AUM where the RWW connects it to all of the other IUOCs which in Union are AUM. The RWW effectively provides the interconnection between the IUOCs which effectively make up the brain of AUM similarly to how the axons and dendrites of the neurons of a human brain interconnect those neurons to allow the brain to function.

Without an incoming message over the RWW, an IUOC has nothing to be aware of. And an incoming message must have content that is capable of being interpreted as physical experience in order to be conscious of something. As a unit in the Unity of AUM, and IUOC receives the messages that are the thoughts of AUM to interpret and react to as part of the mind of AUM. But there is no part to visualize and hear, and the other senses to provide a conscious awareness. If an IUOC were so conscious as well as processing the thoughts of AUM, it would react to those conscious elements and 'confuse' the thoughts of AUM. That is why I cannot see the IUOC as being conscious within itself as it functions as a unit within the digital mind of AUM.

So an IUOC is permanently aware as an avatar in NPMR where it receives the message stream of NPMR over the RWW which it interprets from its NPMR history and is thus permanently conscious. But it is only permanently conscious of this incoming data stream that represents its NPMR experience. Thus it is dependent upon the instance of TBC which creates that NPMR and the messaging that is that NPMR VR. It can only get a message stream that is part of a VR or part of the thought stream of AUM. It cannot create its own incoming message stream to be aware of and can only get such a message stream as part of a VR. It can only create its outgoing messages as a response to what ever incoming message triggers that response, whether as part of AUM or as a message that represents its participation in a VR.

This is just a variation on the words of what I repeat so many times to so many questioners trying to make the situation clear to everyone. I hope this variation is of use to you and provides an understanding of this aspect of Reality as Tom has modeled it.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Being self-aware all the time would largely defeat the purpose of the PMR. You are supposed to live your life, make decisions, get feedback, and evolve. That is the true purpose of consciousness in whatever guise. Self-awareness during dreaming is a bit of a parlor trick. And again, it largely defeats the purpose of dreaming. You are supposed to make decisions from your being level in that VR without your intellect chiming in. So if you lucid dreamed every night you are disrupting that by being self-aware.

It is better not to be so self aware and always make decisions out of your intellect. Your intellect wants to protect your ego and control everything in your life so things go your way.

TOM:
Living gracefully with uncertainty is one of your major challenges. The companion to that lesson is to learn how to make progress with effort and focused intent but without exerting any control/manipulation of self to make things go the way you think they should. Growth is natural and follows at its own speed as you change at the being level – that process cannot be rushed very much or pushed by the intellect.

To optimize progress:

1) make each tiny, great and mundane choice reflect doing the right thing for the right reason.

2) Search for beliefs, fears, and expectations, as well as attitudes and feelings that reflect ego, and eliminate them at the being level.

3) Live fully engaged in the moment, in the present, and approach existence with love, compassion, and open minded skepticism. Learn everything you can learn about everything, engage others in relationship, travel, and experience (this will broaden and deepen your experience base and thus enrich and support accurate interpretation in all the realities you experience.) Focus on those four and everything else (including your facility and exploration of NPMR) will fall out naturally around your interests and intents.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6319&p=45178#p45178

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:31 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks for the replies. I've always assumed that one can eventually develop self awareness to a point where one is always clear about who he is and why he is. Those dreams where I'm totally different person throw me off, because it's so different from my PMR self. So is there no way to "protect" yourself from ignorance causing you to "randomly" (from a given avatar's point of view) spawn into other realms? I can become a master of my awareness in this life only to be eventually born in another VR where I'm different person and a subject to being "lost" again?

Do I even have a way of really knowing my true being? I know meditation is the answer, but it seems that knowledge is still to be gathered indirectly from NPMR experiences and interactions. But to know myself directly, my true self - is it possible? It seems that every avatar that is capable of self inquiry and questioning his existence is so far from the real IUOC self that it's perhaps "unnatural" in a sense where, we have a strange phenomenon where a computer like construct - IUOC - creates a mechanism so complicated that it asks a question "who am I?" which is unnatural to begin with, cause it's just a result of the complicated mechanism not understanding that in truth, it's just all computer-like.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:18 am 
Curator
Curator

Quote:
It seems that every avatar that is capable of self inquiry and questioning his existence is so far from the real IUOC self that it's perhaps "unnatural" in a sense where, we have a strange phenomenon where a computer like construct - IUOC - creates a mechanism so complicated that it asks a question "who am I?" which is unnatural to begin with, cause it's just a result of the complicated mechanism not understanding that in truth, it's just all computer-like.
The LCS can be described as a consciousness system consisting of all IUOCs interconnected over the RWW and as such it is not a 'person' but rather a system of interconnected digital minds which are indeed very computer like. Tom has specifically agreed with this as a possible metaphor for this aspect of this Reality when I stated it. These digital minds time share their total available time cycles as delta t's within the LCS in VRs where the addition of a past history and an incoming data stream over the RWW produces our experience of being an avatar in that VR. It's all a simulation being experienced by computer like digital minds which comprise in their Union that system as the LCS/AUM. And the simulation is created by all of those IUOCs in Union when they become The One Consciousness/LCS/AUO/AUM.

So we are individual 'computers' (IUOCs) in that Union that first create as TBC the simulation of each VR and then send themselves the simulation as a message over the RWW so that we can experience that simulation and consciousness as that avatar. In a very real sense, the operating system of that total system can be considered to be AUM in its latest stage of development. The LCS as a digital information system has developed over time by self organization and emergent complexity into/as what it is today.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Gerber - as Tom would say, "The ego wants to know." None of the information you want will help you lessen your fear and evolve. Be OK with who you are now and work from here. Leave the question of who your IOUC is until after this experience packet. All your questions will be answered then.