Return Home
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:54 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Nowiam,

It sounds like most people believe it's impossible, improbable, and unlikely and so on. Well maybe that's the way it should be, everyone's path and place on that path is a little different. Perhaps physical immortality or becoming a Master of matter is outside their realm of possibilities at the moment. If I've understand you post, you already know it's possible, you are just trying to figure out how or what's the next step!

Hanuson

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the shout out on evolove nowiam, I googled evolove and it is fairly open term if Tom wants to use it.
As I recall from a Monroe book he, Robert Monroe used his same PMR identity more than once as it was a useful vehicle, so perhaps that would be the how, and even the why.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:14 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

It sounds like most people believe it's impossible, improbable, and unlikely and so on. Well maybe that's the way it should be, everyone's path and place on that path is a little different. Perhaps physical immortality or becoming a Master of matter is outside their realm of possibilities at the moment. If I've understand you post, you already know it's possible, you are just trying to figure out how or what's the next step!
I'm still reading TOE, but I checked in and thought I would make a brief response to Kevin. As well as add some additional comments.

I've never been a big proponent of what "most people believe". As Tom succinctly puts it, "The collective mind, unfortunately, always represents the lowest common denominator in concepts and understanding." (Book 2, page 197)

It's not that I "already know" if physical immortality is possible. I am just highly curious and feel this holds a necessary place in human progression. I have uncommon motivations regarding this issue since I have been privy to what many would call supernatural events in my life. Particularly those which have directly involved me. For instance, I once participated in a spiritual retreat years ago and on the third day while performing a type of pranayama I physically started to levitate while totally awake in the PMR. This is supposed to be impossible according to the existing understanding and constraints of physics. None the less I did it. And like any good scientist I later attempted to duplicate the experience to verify it as something volitional based. Which I did several days later using a video camera and a witness.

This among many other things have shown me that what many think is impossible is not. So when I am witnessed to credible persons who have direct experience with so-called "Immortal Masters" I take note.

In short, besides attempting to define and validate these Immortal Masters level of ability, etc, yes I'm trying to figure how or the next step.