Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:12 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:33 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hello everyone!

I have been meditating for about 3-4 weeks now (starting from 10 minutes to over an hour) and I have a couple of questions.

1.) Is it normal not to reach the point consciousness state at this point? Even for a few seconds?

When I read the part in the first book where Tom went meditating for the first time, it seemed he reached this state immediately (and apparently the rest of the people there did not know what he was referring to).

I usually try to meditate lying down and try to meditate for 20-30 minutes. I try my best to keep the mantra in my focus but the mind still wanders off occasionally (completely random thoughts that trail off into some story if that makes sense). However, I have not reached the point consciousness state so far; closest so far is the hypnagogic state. Is PC the same as what they call deep meditation?

Am I doing something wrong?

2.) Does using binaural beats hinder my ability to meditate without them?

I purchased Tom's beats and tried the 1st one for a few days. Don't believe I reached the PC state either but I could get to the hypnagogic state faster. I also think I hear a lot of random sounds which are definitely not part of the tape and once my feet vibrated violently for like a second.

Should I continue practicing without the beats?

The material regarding meditation in general seems to be very divided.

Thank you!

Luke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:00 pm 
Curator
Curator

Various material on meditation from various sources is in conflict because there is great variability between persons in ability to meditate, most effective aids for different people and environmental variables involved. Basically you just need to keep at it and not jump from method to method prematurely. It most certainly takes more than 3-4 weeks to get anywhere useful. And you are already either combining methods or jumping between them as you mention a mantra and also Tom's binary beat CD. Under these very beginning and mixed circumstances, there is nothing deviant about your performance, including your shortage of patience.

Think of meditation as a life long practice if you really are serious about obtaining its benefits. That is the way that it is traditionally used and the way that Tom explains it as well as myself. Don't use Tom as a standard of comparison for yourself as he had much preparation and direct guidance, both as a child from NPMR guidance and working with Robert Monroe. Not to mention his advanced status and history in NPMR. If it is something that you will only try for a few months and then give up on if you aren't getting amazing results of some kind by then, just stop wasting your time and recognize now that you do not have the patience for a long term project like obtaining the full value from meditation which is a decades long project at least.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:13 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Various material on meditation from various sources is in conflict because there is great variability between persons in ability to meditate, most effective aids for different people and environmental variables involved. Basically you just need to keep at it and not jump from method to method prematurely. It most certainly takes more than 3-4 weeks to get anywhere useful. And you are already either combining methods or jumping between them as you mention a mantra and also Tom's binary beat CD. Under these very beginning and mixed circumstances, there is nothing deviant about your performance, including your shortage of patience.

Think of meditation as a life long practice if you really are serious about obtaining its benefits. That is the way that it is traditionally used and the way that Tom explains it as well as myself. Don't use Tom as a standard of comparison for yourself as he had much preparation and direct guidance, both as a child from NPMR guidance and working with Robert Monroe. Not to mention his advanced status and history in NPMR. If it is something that you will only try for a few months and then give up on if you aren't getting amazing results of some kind by then, just stop wasting your time and recognize now that you do not have the patience for a long term project like obtaining the full value from meditation which is a decades long project at least.

Ted
You are correct, Ted.

I was just confused as I am probably used to getting some kind of feedback when I start to practice something.

Thank you for clearing that up. Indeed, I did have the feeling that jumping from technique to technique so soon was counter-productive. I will keep using my breath as a mantra since that was the one I got used to the most.

I plan to practice meditation as long as needed. I was not thinking about giving up but just wanted to make sure about the technique.

Thanks for the advice!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:03 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I've been having some weird experiences the last 2 days.

2 days ago, I reached this state where my senses were "muted" and my mind suddenly became hyper focused, every thought was clear and it was working extremely fast. When I opened my eyes my body felt weird where it was like I could feel energy flowing through it in a very blissful way. I even got a slight foot cramp at that moment when the pain suddenly dispersed throughout my foot and it felt good.

Yesterday I went to take a nap and I got into a weird "dream" when I suddenly woke up paralyzed, vibrating violently and had a loud roaring noise and then I panicked for a bit until I got back into my senses. Then the following night after another meditation session, I could not sleep because there was heavy pressure in the middle of my forehead and I kept seeing weird visions, like being stuck in a hypagognic state but very intense.

These are all accompanied by an ability to recall a lot of dreams (even ones which happened over 10 years ago) and a couple of lucid dreams.

Are these sensations normal?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:34 am 
Curator
Curator

I would say that they are normally abnormal experiences, not unlike those that I and others have experienced. You appear to be 'off to see the wizard', receiving messages and 'nudges' from the LCS/guidance. Ride it out and see where it takes you. Perhaps ask questions as to where you are being taken. See if you get a response.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:15 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Don't use Tom as a standard of comparison for yourself as he had much preparation and direct guidance, both as a child from NPMR guidance and working with Robert Monroe. Not to mention his advanced status and history in NPMR.
Where can I read about his advanced status and history in NPMR?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:01 am 
Curator
Curator

In book 1, section 1 of Tom's trilogy. Here is the link to read the whole trilogy free on Books.Google: https://books.google.com/books?id=RYHtB ... &q&f=false You want book 1, section 1 of Tom's trilogy. The first 16 chapters. About 112 pages. There is also a search function and of course, all the rest of the books.

Beyond this, regarding what I referred to as advanced status and history in NPMR, Tom has said other things scattered among his posts here on the board. Also in the balance of his books there are bits and pieces. Tom has given out little information on his past lives other than as make it clear that he has had a multiple life incarnation history in which he has served as a sort of free lance metaphysical problem solver in his recent lives leading up to this one, dealing with various things unspecified leading up to this particular assignment. It is not pertinent to here and now so he says little about this.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:49 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Don't use Tom as a standard of comparison for yourself as he had much preparation and direct guidance, both as a child from NPMR guidance and working with Robert Monroe. Not to mention his advanced status and history in NPMR.
Where can I read about his advanced status and history in NPMR?
To add to what Ted has said, I remember seeing one of the Fireside Chats (I think one of 2015) where he also mentions this (also talks about 'soul groups').

Coincidentally, I just watched the July 2015 Fireside Chat where the questions regarding the hypagognic state and the paralysis state. Tom agrees that your consciousness is mostly connected to NPMR but still clinging to PMR (letting go of your sense data). They are both gateways, in a sense. Guess being a light sleeper has some benefits!

I will definitely ride it out and explore it Ted, thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I've been having some weird experiences the last 2 days. 2 days ago, I reached this state where my senses were "muted" and my mind suddenly became hyper focused, every thought was clear and it was working extremely fast. When I opened my eyes my body felt weird where it was like I could feel energy flowing through it in a very blissful way. I even got a slight foot cramp at that moment when the pain suddenly dispersed throughout my foot and it felt good. Yesterday I went to take a nap and I got into a weird "dream" when I suddenly woke up paralyzed, vibrating violently and had a loud roaring noise and then I panicked for a bit until I got back into my senses. Then the following night after another meditation session, I could not sleep because there was heavy pressure in the middle of my forehead and I kept seeing weird visions, like being stuck in a hypagognic state but very intense. These are all accompanied by an ability to recall a lot of dreams (even ones which happened over 10 years ago) and a couple of lucid dreams. Are these sensations normal?
These are all things related to letting go of the PMR data stream. What other people call precursors for OBEs. Especially the feeling of being paralyzed and vibrations often precedes being able to "get out of your body" and zoom around, or do other things.

The heavy feeling is most likely a little fear test. One time I had just gotten out and was standing by my bed. Someone large grabbed me from behind in a death grip. I knew what this was and I just relaxed and said, "Do your worst." The sensation immediately stopped and I went on my way. If you don't like the hypnagogic visions you can probably tone them down a bit, or even stop them with some Intent.

Welcome to the other side of reality.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:16 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I continued meditating and sometimes parts of my body just move like someone pushed me (once my whole body moved).

I also noticed something which almost always appears soon after I start meditating in the middle area of my closed eyes. At first, I thought it was a turning fan but I think it was more like light similar to this but much less intense:

http://img.freepik.com/free-vector/ray- ... 38&ext=jpg

Today while meditating, at a certain my body just sprang up from the bed for no reason after I reached that point (like a bomb blew up near you and you wake up in panic) and I lied back down followed by me randomly thinking "out of body" when not even 2 seconds after, my whole body starting pulsating starting from my feet which then spread to my head, along with the feeling of a rapid heartbeat (vision also got "wave-like"). My intellect "woke up"at this point and starting thinking "did it actually work?" "this is that pulsating state" etc. Thought it was a bit hilarious since Tom usually specifically says not to analyze it.

Wanted to share my experience.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have known a lot of times when I first started meditating seriously when it seemed like my body wanted to sabotage me every time I was getting somewhere. I would get an itch I had to scratch, or something else. After awhile I would just take care of whatever was bothering me and go back to meditating. It finally stopped. I think I was manifesting fear.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:24 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I have known a lot of times when I first started meditating seriously when it seemed like my body wanted to sabotage me every time I was getting somewhere. I would get an itch I had to scratch, or something else. After awhile I would just take care of whatever was bothering me and go back to meditating. It finally stopped. I think I was manifesting fear.
Itching is very common for me but it is the most "normal" of the effects. A more annoying effect is sometimes it feels like my leg wants to move every 20 seconds and if I ignore it, my leg moves on its own. Sometimes a part of my body just twitches on it's own.

For the past 3 days, I get a lot of pulsating and a weird "moving" feeling in my forehead and is hard to explain.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:19 am 
Curator
Curator

Kisen,

Have you ever been medically checked out for neuropathy problems. What you say above sounds very like restless leg syndrome and other types and aspects of neuropathy. What happens only when you are well into meditation can be a nudge from the LCS or just experiencing as noticing the kinds of sleep related things that keep us from sleepwalking when we dream. Ever watched a dog 'running' in its sleep, paws twitching away, as it dreams?

Differentiate these things and seek the help of a physician as necessary.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:14 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Kisen,

Have you ever been medically checked out for neuropathy problems. What you say above sounds very like restless leg syndrome and other types and aspects of neuropathy. What happens only when you are well into meditation can be a nudge from the LCS or just experiencing as noticing the kinds of sleep related things that keep us from sleepwalking when we dream. Ever watched a dog 'running' in its sleep, paws twitching away, as it dreams?

Differentiate these things and seek the help of a physician as necessary.

Ted
Thank you for the information, Ted.

However, it only happens during deep meditation (and only sometimes when I meditate close to sleep) and nowhere else which is why it came as a surprise. Infact, a lot of the "pulsating" sensations usually come not soon after this. It is not serious as it only lasts for about 2 seconds.

The more I practice meditation, the more sensations I discover. I think yesterday I even heard strange voices a couple of times after which my intellect snaps to the sound as a "What was that? I'm sure I heard something".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It is perfectly normal. One time when I was meditating in a chair I thought someone had come up behind me and hit the chair very hard. I heard the sound and felt the chair rock forward, but when I opened my eyes nothing was there. I have had lots of weird things happen when starting to get into a meditative level.

Often when I am just about to drift off to sleep it seems as though one of the dogs is doing something to make the bed move, but when I open my eyes they are both sleeping quietly.

Just ignore it and move past any sensations and sound.