Return Home
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:13 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello! For a long time, i have suffered from a condition of chronic pain, mostly chronic pain or strain in the neck and daily headches. Every day is hard, but life must go on, and I can manage work and daily activites, even though the pain is always there. I wonder how this could affect my meditation practise. To "let go of the body" get a little harder when you also have to let go of that pain you constantly have. Why this happened I dont know. Tension from mental problems or past abuse of drugs such as cannabis, alcohol and tramadol. Or it just is. I am wondering if you have some ideas or just something that perhaps I should think of or do or whatever to change my situation to... well... more positive direction? To find that peaceful state and let go of everything while in meditation or to find the power to study or go on with everything even though it seems to be to much, having this condition at the age of 27. Things to do, things not do to...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:28 am 
Curator
Curator

Shango,

This might be something 'dynamic' which you always have to keep moving towards. Other than direct intervention and a Big Computer moderated change in the signals that bring your experience to you over the RWW.

I'm going to suggest something which makes use of the PMR rule set in terms of herbal extracts from herbs provided to us that have been used medicinally for centuries. I'm pretty sure that there will be herbal sources available to you there and basically the same herbs. There is some variation from country to country but there are are effectively shaman or 'herb doctors' everywhere who know about local medicinal herbs. Or they will be available in other European countries. Send me a PM with an email address where I can send you an ebook that warriorbutterfly wrote up based on some extensive books on herbs used in Chinese herbal medicine for centuries which he offers to us and I have made use of. With your permission, I will also send him your email address in case he has something to suggest other than the herbs that I will mention.

Chinese Skullcap root, Astragalus root,Cordyceps, Lions Mane mushroom, Kudzu root. Each of these produce neurological effects which can include pain reduction. They are all synergistic in their action, especially the Kudzu root with each of the other extracts. I have resolved neuropathic pains that were both muscular and skeletal in origin with these extracts. I have taken others which act against bacteria and viruses and stopped a problem with nasal sinus infections that literally goes back like 70 years to my childhood. Now I cannot say that any of these are permanent fixes. I suspect that I might have to take another months worth every so often to refresh the action or stop new infections. But a literal life time of taking antibiotics and antihistamines and such did zip for me other than partial relief and very brief in action. And I might have to take another course of the neurological herbs periodically as I now am having new neural effects from what is generalized as 'pacemaker syndrome'. So even if these suggestions work, it can't be counted on as a 'cure' as your problems change dynamically. Mine originate with ankylosing spondylitis which I inherited from my father and his father, if not even further back.

All I can say is that this worked for me. Even my neurologist several years ago prescribed high doses of a b vitamin and an herb called butterbur which resolved problems I have had since childhood with what is called 'migraine equivalent' which is migraine headaches, less the headache but with old age, started to include the start of headaches too. Studies of herbs as medications have started showing up on the website of the US NIH or National Institute of Health. I am not suggesting this contrary to the recommendations of any licensed doctor who might be caring for you.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Have you seen a doctor or chiropractor? Do you have a diagnosis? Have you ever tried to heal yourself?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
This might be something 'dynamic' which you always have to keep moving towards. Other than direct intervention and a Big Computer moderated change in the signals that bring your experience to you over the RWW.
What does that mean?
Quote:
Send me a PM with an email address where I can send you an ebook that warriorbutterfly wrote up based on some extensive books on herbs used in Chinese herbal medicine for centuries which he offers to us and I have made use of. With your permission, I will also send him your email address in case he has something to suggest other than the herbs that I will mention.
Ok, I´ll send you an PM. Considering the "migraine headaches" you have sent me information before, which was helpful, and I have not tried all those herbs yet together, as I was afraid of interaction with current medicine I take which is called amitriptyline, which can have interaction with herbs that affects the serotonine levels in the brain. However, that is something I will consult with my doctor first, Im willing to try anything that could help considering my condition.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Have you seen a doctor or chiropractor? Do you have a diagnosis? Have you ever tried to heal yourself?
I have, there is no diagnosis. There is no damage seen in X-ray, neither in brain, neck, or back. Nevertheless, the pain is chronic in neck and chronic tension headaches (or migraine equivalent symptoms). Which just makes it harder, because I have no idea what the hell is causing this. The doctors speak of this condition being "Psychosomatic", which it of course can be, too some extens, it causes tension, but is quite vauge, and basically something they just have to say or assume when there is nothing else known. The headaches are the most annoying part.

I would try to heal myself, if I knew what to do? :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Have you seen a chiropractor? They can be great at finding joints out of place and putting things right.

To heal yourself, meditate and see a picture of yourself with a perfect spine alignment, and freedom of movement. Or think up some things that work better for you - a very bright light.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No, but I actually went to a chiropractor thanks to your advise. And I have been thinking about it before. Going for second time tomorrow. Felt good after first time, maybe it could do some progress in my state which isnt all that good many days per month.

To try and heal myself of course could also help. Somehow I dont really think I have that capability. But I suppose it would not hurt trying!