IUOCs and the Origin of Personality Types

Information that board members are constantly being referred to by Administrators and Moderators, saving time for management.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Tom Campbell introduced on the board the subject of personality types, stating that he was an INTP Rational Architect (of systems, not buildings). Actually the situation was more complicated than that and you can follow that situation here on this thread. https://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewt ... INFJ#p2546 It is explained in that thread that information and explanation was available on the subject as studied and written about by Dr. David Keirsey, Ph. D. whose book on the subject is Please Understand Me II and is available on the Internet as an ebook. The book includes a test to determine your personality type and you may be able to find an automated test on the Internet with which you can test yourself for free, although the number of free sites is now much reduced. For your further information, I (Ted Vollers) test as an INFJ Idealist Counselor although there was initial confusion for me which was addressed by Tom in this thread. I now have a more clear explanation of that which is included in the paper below. The Internet is full of discussions of the characteristics of the various types but the book has more information, including how the various types get along as mates and with other types in general. This book and this paper can provide a great deal of information for understanding yourself and also others, including how to understand and get along with others and could be very useful to you, including why you have an interest in MBT.

The following paper explains that these types are based upon our IUOCs, not our psychology as an avatar in this VR. This argument is explained based on Dr. Keirsey's book.

Return to “Reference papers and posts frequently cited.”