Return Home
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Intellect in the way
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:13 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi all. I have been attempting to meditate and access the databases. As far as I know I intend to access them, as much as I can intend. Is this the same as "pushing it" through the intellect? Which would not afford me an experience because I would be forcing it.
When I meditate and intend to access a database, it is easy to imagine the result of a voice saying, "access denied," but when it comes to the ideal outcome, I don't know what to imagine. What does it feel like to be able to access the databases? Is there a mind's eye component, is it just information, and how do you know that this process is occurring? How do you know you've "made" it,, or is there no specific formula and if it happens it happens.
I have a separate question too. When it comes to fear tests, how 'in fear' are you allowed to be for you to pass? I would imagine someone with a high level of imagination would dream up some very ugly and high level threats that it would be unfair to just "accept" as a non-risk, especially if it wasn't known whether or not it was one or not. I want to understand what reactions are acceptable in the face of something truly terrible. I thought it was possible to be able to read QOC without a test anyway.

Post subject: Re: Intellect in the way
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Supp:

I've been following Tom for a few years.
From reading your question, I feel like you way too much expectation and intellect involved in the process.
From my perspective, the aim of the game is:
1) meditate and stop all that chatter in the head
2) have no expectations what so ever. Don't worry about what i'm going to see, how i'm going feel, what i'm going get etc.
3) accept everything that you experience the way it is and not be judgemental about it.

I relation to fear tests. I remember Tom saying the LCS won't give you things you can't handle and it will gradually step up the difficulty. For me personally, I'm a very visual person. I don't do well with horror movies. So if the LCS throws a zombie or a half rotten corpse at me as a fear test, that's going to finish me. But on the other hand, I don't have much desire to experience the data base or NPMR anymore since it's just all about information and making choices. Making good choices in what reality makes no difference.

I hope this helps!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If you are trying to access a data base while meditating you need to get rid of your intellect. Having a focused Intent on a specific thing is the way to access the information you want.

If you get a fear test you will know it. And it probably won't come from your imagination.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hello shirshir I saw your intro post and thanks for taking the time to participate in a thread. Yes I do ask a lot of questions.
Sainbury, it's good to know that I will know if it is a fear test, as I'm not sure I could pass if I did not, nor what I could do to appear accepting of a threat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Supp wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm Hello shirshir I saw your intro post and thanks for taking the time to participate in a thread. Yes I do ask a lot of questions.
Sainbury, it's good to know that I will know if it is a fear test, as I'm not sure I could pass if I did not, nor what I could do to appear accepting of a threat.
Yes, Tom often says "Enquiring egos like to know".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello, accessing data bases is as easy as thinkong of a person when you know how, it can happen on multiple levels depending on what ur retrieving. Itd like acessing file types on a computer only the content is for the most part emotionly driven, for starters i would recommend simple awarness of what a thought is, beginners should constantly monitor their thought patterns and compare with reality to create ripple effects of information. An experienced user will easly access all sorts of data bases just while going through the day. Informationon is manipulatble, u can create dynamic content and modify bits of it, not using intellect is about being emotionly neutral while the data is being recieved as intellect can disturb the quality of the information recieved or sent. Being emotionly neutral means u are in control of ur emotions enough so u can navigate that spectrum as u learn how others interact bases on their point of view. People are washed with fears and hidden agendas of all sorts from childhood and parents, most fear while navigating the lcs is generated by the persons own assumption on the idea of mental privacy, one can begin with the idea that the mind is not private as this enables one to creat an structure tha will later define his new subjective experience. Assuming that the mind is private generates all sorts of hiding places that arent really even hidden, this is a catalyst for fear