Hi there from Cyprus

Say hello! This is a place where you can introduce yourself to the MBT Forum.
Dominik90
Normal User
Normal User

Hi there from Cyprus

Post by Dominik90 »

Im Dominik, 29 living in beautiful Cyprus and originally from Germany.

I have been reading Tom Campbells work first time in 2018 and loved the book one. I am right now still in book 2/3 and I find it's super cool and interesting. I also watched a lot of Tom Campbells Zoom YouTube QA sessions and especially loved the talks with Bruce Lipton and Juergen Ziewe.

I wish to contribute here in this forum. I am a Blogger and YouTuber myself, writing and talking about. the concepts of whats ' beyond duality' and the purpose of our lifes.

All the love,
Dominik
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Hi there from Cyprus

Post by Sainbury »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Shirshir718
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Shirshir718 »

Welcome!
What’s your YouTube channel?

Dominik90
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Dominik90 »

Thanks for the warm welcome!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpyXSj ... rEeRQNxmBQ
Shirshir718
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Shirshir718 »

Dominik90 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:59 am Thanks for the warm welcome!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpyXSj ... rEeRQNxmBQ
Hi Dom:

thanks for the website. I took a look. You were speaking something about Gene Keys in your videos.
Just wondering do you know that the Gene Keys you are studying came from I Ching 易经, which is based on the fundamental of Chinese philosophy Ying and Yang?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching

When I listened to Richard Rudd, I didn't hear him mentioning anything about I Ching. He just used the 64 hexagrams out right. Speaking of not making a reference to the original work.
I've read the book of I Ching (in Chinese) when I was young, since my mother language is Chinese.
Even reading the original work is cryptic since it was written around 1000–750 BC during the warring states in what's now China.

You might be interested in reading the original version and I can speak to you more about the philosophy behind it if you like.

Cheers,

Shirley
Dominik90
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Dominik90 »

When I listened to Richard Rudd, I didn't hear him mentioning anything about I Ching. He just used the 64 hexagrams out right.
In his book he writes about the Iching several times at the start. I would say it is like you stated, that Gene Keys integrated the 64 hexagrams out of the Iching, but besides that - there are no talks about the Iching.
You might be interested in reading the original version and I can speak to you more about the philosophy behind it if you like.
Sure that would be awesome :) Thanks for the offer. So what would you say is the most important concepts about the Iching besides the 64 hexagrams?
Shirshir718
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Shirshir718 »

Dominik90 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:06 am
Sure that would be awesome :) Thanks for the offer. So what would you say is the most important concepts about the Iching besides the 64 hexagrams?
Hey Dom:
You know what, I have an idea for a project. I will make an educational ppt on I Ching based on my understanding and research from Chinese sources. It will be a big project since the IChing is so complex and deep. I will make perhaps one slide each week and post it here. You can ask me questions on anything you don't understand or needs clarification from your western point of view. Then maybe you can speak about that slide and your new learned understanding on your youtube channel. This would be great education for Westerners who are interested in gaining for understanding into the Chinese philosophy.
This would be really interesting. What do you think?
Cheers,
Shirley
Shirshir718
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Shirshir718 »

Hi Dom:

There's this audio book on I Ching in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYbCNzZldhs
You maybe choose to have a listen first.

There's a really good lecture series (100 episodes) on the I Ching by a Taiwanese professor. (I watched this series about 10 years ago). But unfortunately it's in Chinese and I checked that it doesn't have English subtitles... If you are interested you can still have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAFtoE1 ... a2AsyVkrmd

Cheers,
Dominik90
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Dominik90 »

Shirshir718 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:01 pm
Dominik90 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:06 am
Hey Dom:
You know what, I have an idea for a project. I will make an educational ppt on I Ching based on my understanding and research from Chinese sources. It will be a big project since the IChing is so complex and deep. I will make perhaps one slide each week and post it here. You can ask me questions on anything you don't understand or needs clarification from your western point of view. Then maybe you can speak about that slide and your new learned understanding on your youtube channel. This would be great education for Westerners who are interested in gaining for understanding into the Chinese philosophy.
Cheers,
Shirley
When i am able to bring it in direct context to Gene keys, its an awesome idea for sure :) so yep, let's check it. PS: I see its also all related to the 64 hexagrams , Gene keys actually from the content itself has quite some of the Iching's knowledge embedded into the book and each hexagrams / gene keys
Dominik90
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Dominik90 »

I also believe after I know enough about IChing or in the process, I can prepare a long article "Gene Keys & IChing or something like this on my blog https://beyonduality.com - I always combined videos and articles together and for this subject it would be a great value for people that study IChing or Gene Keys.
Shirshir718
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Shirshir718 »

Hi Dom:

Preamble
Before we begin I will just let you know a bit about how I intend to write the power point.
- I will be using Chinese, Pinyin (which is how each Chinese character is pronounced) and English
- The pronunciation of the Pinyin alphabet is closer to the German alphabet than English (I taught myself German a few years back so I know a little bit of German)
- When I translate, sometimes I will translate the literal meaning and other times I may do an interpretation. It really depends since the language used in Zhou Yi is so old, many characters are not so frequently used in today’s landscape. The meaning of many characters have also changed over time.
- Reading Zhou Yi is more similar to reading poems such as Iliad by Homer since in ancient times, language was more poetic.

Plan for background and introduction to Yi Jin
1. History, why it should be more correctly called Zhou Yi rather than Yi Jin (I Ching)
2. Significance and meaning
3. Origin of the Trigrams and the Hexagrams
4. Zhou Yi’s Book Structure
5. Order of the 64 Hexagrams
6. Evolution of Zhou Yi
7. Historical implications of Zhou Yi
8. Chinese philosophy and Zhou Yi
9. Influence of Zhou Yi in Chinese politics and society structure
10. Influence of Zhou Yi in economics
11. Implications in Chinese Medicine
12. Other influences such as literature and etc.

Then we will go through the 8 Trigrams.
Then we will go through the 64 Hexagrams.
I think this process might take over a year maybe two.

Then there will be other literatures written associated with Zhou Yi, such as Confucius has written a complimentary reading of his interpretation on Zhou Yi. He went through his understanding of each of the 64 Hexagrams.

If a topic is too large, i might split it into two slides or more.

Ask me questions if you have any.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”