Thomas Campbell may have limiting beliefs

intheclouds
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Thomas Campbell may have limiting beliefs

Post by intheclouds »

i still struggle with the whole uncle fred thing but im learning
Last edited by intheclouds on Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-John
Jdjr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Jdjr »

There is AUM, all that is and a synonym for the LCS. There are subsets of AUM otherwise known as IUOCs. The IUOCs are sentient beings in virtually every model. They are an advanced intelligence. AUM is viewed by these advanced beings as omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and immortal as are these IUOCs. AUM created, manifested and, is the mind of an IUOC and the IUOCs created our "digital" reality. So, on that basis alone the LCS could manifest as Uncle Fred. After all the theory is that consciousness is all and all is consciousness.

It really does not matter whether it's the IUOC or the LCS. The question is does Uncle Fred survive physical death and can I survive death? Based on the evidence and my own experiences the answer is yes. The me that I know is me becomes a FWAU. This is where the evidence blurs. Thinking physically, while living and in an OBE state I remain me and become a FWAU but my perception and perspective changes. I am essentially in Uncle Fred's shoes. I know from experiense that this phase of existence can transport me to other realities where I am the me that I know is me but not bound by the "chains" of earth. I have no knowledge of earth until I begin to return. The other realities can be just as real as earth. After death, the evidence supporting the experiences shifts. The FWAU "dies" and the me that I know is me becomes a memory and my personality remains as the permanent avatar.
s.lareck
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by s.lareck »

Right, Jdjr: the LCS plays all IUOCs. And though I'm not minimizing the importance of asking these questions and wondering about these things, whether the "ghost" or the "dead Uncle Fred" is the specific IUOC or not is not nearly as important as what the person experiencing the entity does with it. In either case, it's all just data placed into your datastream--it doesn't exist "out there" because there is no "out there."

It's also potentially useful to take a step back and not to get too caught up in overly personifying/anthropomorphizing an IUOC, or the LCS for that matter. This technical description from Ted in this thread may help:

You see, you start with the LCS which is always there as the term for all of the reality cells containing data and all of its developments which Tom applies these other names to. First you get AUO as the IUOCs and the RWW come into existence by Emergence and Self Organization. AUO as the Absolute Unbounded Oneness describes the properties of this new stage as Absolute, and the LCS is also Absolute, Unbounded (as I already described) Oneness as the IUOCs communicating over the RWW have turned what was strictly local communication as messages traveling in the Cellular Automaton of the LCS with its reality cells and data always runs into other data in the local area. The IUOCs created areas of local data interaction while the RWW provides a universal communication buss to connect all of the IUOCs together as the Oneness aspect of AUO. Think of this as somewhat like the brain of God, if you are willing to apply a theistic term. Compared to the human brain as a model, the IUOCs are the Neurons while the RWW is the interconnecting buss between the IUOCs sort of like how axons and dendrites of nerves in the human brain interconnect the neurons.

So I think you might rethink how you translate Manifold as what Tom is referring to here is the nature of the AUM stage of development of the LCS where there are all of these IUOCs formed into local areas where their communication path amongst themselves as a System is short enough that the transit time of data over the RWW is short enough that communication is not so 'slow' as to create time discrepancies within the/a VR so as to make communication of messages between IUOCs in the same VR getting mixed up as to the time segment that they belong in. Time is not controlled by a big clock in a VR that everyone reads time from. Rather time represents a period within a VR during which all of the IUOCs receive a message which tells them what happened in the last/current time increment of the VR.

The Big Computer or TBC is the collection of all of the IUOCs which function within a VRs as the avatars within that VR. They are each and individually very computer like and together they unite into one networked computer over the RWW. They pass messages back and forth that first make a probabilistic calculation in Probability Mode amongst themselves to determine what happens in the next time increment for the VR. As networked computers, they share this task between them. Then they go into the Virtual Reality Rendering Engine mode in which they create together the 'picture' that each IUOC will eventually receive that Renders that VR delta t increment as what all of your senses provide within that short increment of 'time'. Think of creating the next frame of a film that you are watching but instead of just a picture on a screen, this is every aspect of your experience. The final stage of a delta t for a VR is for TBC to transmit each new set of data to each individual IUOC which just created it amongst themselves. All of these changing functions is controlled by the messages being sent around amongst the IUOCs over the RWW.

. . .

The LCS creates a general structure of the IUOCs interconnected by the RWW, which you seem to follow, based on mathematical processes of large systems known as emergence and self organization.

So now we have the LCS as a vast number of IUOCs interconnected and United by the RWW. This gives us the first term of AUO that Tom uses as an Absolute Unbounded Oneness as a term embodying these properties.
. . .
AUO develops into The One Consciousness which Tom does not abbreviate into an acronym. This takes much time as the IUOCs develop from their initial state where they have a lot of entropy as bad code which must be replaced with functional code. All of the functions of logic and mathematics must be invented and developed over time. Communication protocols between IUOCs must be developed over time so that the are communicating in what must essentially be a single universal language. Eventually AUO develops Consciousness and becomes The One Consciousness.

So what we are doing is delineating the stages by which the LCS develops over much time. First it is just a vast field of data in reality cells. Then it develops into One thing which is United as IUOCs interconnected by the RWW. This is a matter of development and creation of new properties over time. And all of this is happening as the data in the reality cells is perking away and going through these developments being described. It is always just data in reality cells but new properties come about with the developments being described.

Now we don't have a totally definitive and detailed description of every tiny aspect and change of this very long development. After much time, AUO develops into The One Consciousness as all of the IUOCs communicating over the RWW start to function as and become Conscious: The One Consciousness. The One Consciousness perhaps becomes lonely or perhaps it just has a bright idea based upon self conscious introspection. That is it figures out that it is composed of all of these interconnected and interacting IUOCs. So its bright idea is to create a basis for the IUOCs to each have their own consciousness and to be able to communicate with each other. This took a lot of further development as each IUOC cannot actually be conscious on its own. It can process data, but it is not conscious of what that data is that it is processing. It has no inherent consciousness of its own.

So the next stage was for AUO to do some special processing within its own neurons/IUOCs in that it sets up what Tom comes to call The Big Computer, within which AUO creates the input to each IUOC for it to be aware of/conscious of. Now it's pretty clear that this did not likely happen as 'one feel swoop' and 'right off the bat' in English slang. There was a lot of experimenting, trial and error, and figurative 'head scratching' to figure all this out. This is where AUO developed itself into the 'chief scientist' that Tom has joked about or perhaps I should not say joked as it was a very real and significant development.

The Big Computer was probably originally all IUOCs or it could have been just some of them. This is lost back in the process of original development. Once we get into the Manifold aspect of having many Systems with ours being OS, then we have all the IUOCs within OS as being those who can communicate unequivocally as in no time problems as communication distances do not create confusions of sequencing in calculations. They then make up TBC for OS.

Nothing in the LCS or within a System as a subset is a 'structure'. It is all an ad hoc arrangement of IUOCs connected and organized by transient messaging over the RWW. This is what creates 'structure' as actually function within the LCS. Remember Tom talking about 'bubbling up' things as needed. This is how that it is done. AUM just sends out a block of messages that tell off a group of IUOCs to stop processing its own thoughts for a period and start processing some particular assignment instead.

But also keep in mind that all of this is 'ad hoc' and makes use of time sharing as in computer usage. A modern computer, even the one on your desk, has multiple processors (think IUOCs) and they time share a process as the computer's Operating System controls them to accomplish different parts of the work load in a shared and coordinated manner. AUM might be thought of as the computer when it is running the Operating System as the executive function that runs and coordinates everything else.
Everything is simpler than we can imagine, at the same time more complex and intertwined than can be comprehended--Goethe, Maxims & Reflections
Jdjr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Jdjr »

s.lareck wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 am Right, Jdjr: the LCS plays all IUOCs. And though I'm not minimizing the importance of asking these questions and wondering about these things, whether the "ghost" or the "dead Uncle Fred" is the specific IUOC or not is not nearly as important as what the person experiencing the entity does with it. In either case, it's all just data placed into your datastream--it doesn't exist "out there" because there is no "out there."

It's also potentially useful to take a step back and not to get too caught up in overly personifying/anthropomorphizing an IUOC, or the LCS for that matter. This technical description from Ted in this thread may help:

You see, you start with the LCS which is always there as the term for all of the reality cells containing data and all of its developments which Tom applies these other names to. First you get AUO as the IUOCs and the RWW come into existence by Emergence and Self Organization. AUO as the Absolute Unbounded Oneness describes the properties of this new stage as Absolute, and the LCS is also Absolute, Unbounded (as I already described) Oneness as the IUOCs communicating over the RWW have turned what was strictly local communication as messages traveling in the Cellular Automaton of the LCS with its reality cells and data always runs into other data in the local area. The IUOCs created areas of local data interaction while the RWW provides a universal communication buss to connect all of the IUOCs together as the Oneness aspect of AUO. Think of this as somewhat like the brain of God, if you are willing to apply a theistic term. Compared to the human brain as a model, the IUOCs are the Neurons while the RWW is the interconnecting buss between the IUOCs sort of like how axons and dendrites of nerves in the human brain interconnect the neurons.

So I think you might rethink how you translate Manifold as what Tom is referring to here is the nature of the AUM stage of development of the LCS where there are all of these IUOCs formed into local areas where their communication path amongst themselves as a System is short enough that the transit time of data over the RWW is short enough that communication is not so 'slow' as to create time discrepancies within the/a VR so as to make communication of messages between IUOCs in the same VR getting mixed up as to the time segment that they belong in. Time is not controlled by a big clock in a VR that everyone reads time from. Rather time represents a period within a VR during which all of the IUOCs receive a message which tells them what happened in the last/current time increment of the VR.

The Big Computer or TBC is the collection of all of the IUOCs which function within a VRs as the avatars within that VR. They are each and individually very computer like and together they unite into one networked computer over the RWW. They pass messages back and forth that first make a probabilistic calculation in Probability Mode amongst themselves to determine what happens in the next time increment for the VR. As networked computers, they share this task between them. Then they go into the Virtual Reality Rendering Engine mode in which they create together the 'picture' that each IUOC will eventually receive that Renders that VR delta t increment as what all of your senses provide within that short increment of 'time'. Think of creating the next frame of a film that you are watching but instead of just a picture on a screen, this is every aspect of your experience. The final stage of a delta t for a VR is for TBC to transmit each new set of data to each individual IUOC which just created it amongst themselves. All of these changing functions is controlled by the messages being sent around amongst the IUOCs over the RWW.

. . .

The LCS creates a general structure of the IUOCs interconnected by the RWW, which you seem to follow, based on mathematical processes of large systems known as emergence and self organization.

So now we have the LCS as a vast number of IUOCs interconnected and United by the RWW. This gives us the first term of AUO that Tom uses as an Absolute Unbounded Oneness as a term embodying these properties.
. . .
AUO develops into The One Consciousness which Tom does not abbreviate into an acronym. This takes much time as the IUOCs develop from their initial state where they have a lot of entropy as bad code which must be replaced with functional code. All of the functions of logic and mathematics must be invented and developed over time. Communication protocols between IUOCs must be developed over time so that the are communicating in what must essentially be a single universal language. Eventually AUO develops Consciousness and becomes The One Consciousness.

So what we are doing is delineating the stages by which the LCS develops over much time. First it is just a vast field of data in reality cells. Then it develops into One thing which is United as IUOCs interconnected by the RWW. This is a matter of development and creation of new properties over time. And all of this is happening as the data in the reality cells is perking away and going through these developments being described. It is always just data in reality cells but new properties come about with the developments being described.

Now we don't have a totally definitive and detailed description of every tiny aspect and change of this very long development. After much time, AUO develops into The One Consciousness as all of the IUOCs communicating over the RWW start to function as and become Conscious: The One Consciousness. The One Consciousness perhaps becomes lonely or perhaps it just has a bright idea based upon self conscious introspection. That is it figures out that it is composed of all of these interconnected and interacting IUOCs. So its bright idea is to create a basis for the IUOCs to each have their own consciousness and to be able to communicate with each other. This took a lot of further development as each IUOC cannot actually be conscious on its own. It can process data, but it is not conscious of what that data is that it is processing. It has no inherent consciousness of its own.

So the next stage was for AUO to do some special processing within its own neurons/IUOCs in that it sets up what Tom comes to call The Big Computer, within which AUO creates the input to each IUOC for it to be aware of/conscious of. Now it's pretty clear that this did not likely happen as 'one feel swoop' and 'right off the bat' in English slang. There was a lot of experimenting, trial and error, and figurative 'head scratching' to figure all this out. This is where AUO developed itself into the 'chief scientist' that Tom has joked about or perhaps I should not say joked as it was a very real and significant development.

The Big Computer was probably originally all IUOCs or it could have been just some of them. This is lost back in the process of original development. Once we get into the Manifold aspect of having many Systems with ours being OS, then we have all the IUOCs within OS as being those who can communicate unequivocally as in no time problems as communication distances do not create confusions of sequencing in calculations. They then make up TBC for OS.

Nothing in the LCS or within a System as a subset is a 'structure'. It is all an ad hoc arrangement of IUOCs connected and organized by transient messaging over the RWW. This is what creates 'structure' as actually function within the LCS. Remember Tom talking about 'bubbling up' things as needed. This is how that it is done. AUM just sends out a block of messages that tell off a group of IUOCs to stop processing its own thoughts for a period and start processing some particular assignment instead.

But also keep in mind that all of this is 'ad hoc' and makes use of time sharing as in computer usage. A modern computer, even the one on your desk, has multiple processors (think IUOCs) and they time share a process as the computer's Operating System controls them to accomplish different parts of the work load in a shared and coordinated manner. AUM might be thought of as the computer when it is running the Operating System as the executive function that runs and coordinates everything else.
I get all that s.lareck. You need yourself to put things into perspective. Not only that but make sure you respond to the content of my posts rather than mix them up with other posts. Pay attention.
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Sainbury »

I don't see it as unlikely at all if the IUOC has a special connection to its own actualized past database, which I recall even Tom saying that it does. As I've said before, the LCS may be involved in facilitating the interaction, but I doubt very much that it actually plays the part of Uncle Fred. If it were just the LCS, as part of a reincarnation methodology, you would expect Uncle Fred in the "summoning on-demand" scenario to at least mention something about how he has reincarnated, rather than continuing to foster the wrong impression. He could easily say something like "I've been reborn into a loving family" or "I am happy with my new family" or something like that. That would not only give the loved one, "a bigger picture," but a correct "bigger picture," rather than a misleading one. The fact that those types of statements are not commonly reported should be taken into account when assessing the credibility of the reincarnationist view.
It doesn't really matter who is playing Uncle Fred. The information is for the person accessing it. And usually they want to know if Uncle Fred is OK because they want to know if they will be OK after death. So, what information they get from a medium or their own efforts will be to help them with their fears.

To tell a Christian that Uncle Fred has reincarnated would probably not help. So, the LCS gives them information that will comfort them and perhaps make them think about a bigger reality. The LCS isn't trying to give them more to be afraid of.

My own mother experienced something like this. After my father died, my mother grieved severely for years. And she was suicidal. She told me many years later that if she had not had young children she would have killed herself. My father was her soul mate. Their relationship was kind of a fairy tale. Some four years after my father's death my mother had a very vivid dream. My father came to her and and she cried and clung to him. She ask him why he left her. He told her that he had no choice. And he said that they had been together in many lives before and would again in many more lives. (My mother did believe in reincarnation.) My father told her that she had to let him go and move on so he could move on. He said her overwhelming grief was keeping him from doing the things he needed to do. This dream helped my mother let go of her grief. She went into the mountains and did a ceremony for herself to tell him goodbye. And partly she let go of him because she felt it was helping him.

The source of the dream isn't important, or how much of it was true. What matters is that the information helped my mother let go of her grief and move on with her life.
Jdjr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Jdjr »

To tell a Christian that Uncle Fred has reincarnated would probably not help.
Uncle Fred does not reincarnate. He remains in the actualized past data base. The IUOC, otherwise defined by Ted as the permanent avatar, "gets" another PMR data stream. You are thinking physically. You must think digitally.
sirchips
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sirchips »

Sainbury, thank you for sharing that with us. I appreciate the point that you make and I agree with you on the importance that certain experiences such as the dream you described can have on people to help lift them up from emotional distress. And truly the benefit to the individual in that kind of situation can far outweigh any consideration of the source of the experience.

And it's perfectly legitimate to not be concerned about who the consciousness behind deceased Uncle Fred is and be satisfied with the notion that we're all a part of the Larger Consciousness anyway, we're all one, and however you look at it, it's still the LCS in one form or another. That's fine. I respect that.

But me personally, I am indeed interested in what part of the LCS plays deceased Uncle Fred, as is MBT. For all the times Tom mentions how it's all the LCS anyway, he also makes it a point to let us know that he thinks that deceased Uncle Fred is played by the LCS itself, not the IUOC. So if Tom himself sees the distinction between the LCS and the IUOC as important enough to point to it over and over again, then it has to be a genuine MBT topic that some people are going to want to assess. And that should be respected as well.

To those who find the distinction between the LCS and the IUOCs to be a meaningful one, as I do, the conclusion that the distinction serves a key role in the evolution of consciousness is inescapable. There is a reason behind our individuation, and it's not to ignore it, get rid of it, pretend it isn't there, or go back to how it was when it didn't exist. If that were the case, the LCS wouldn't have individuated us to begin with. Yes, we want to evolve to the point where we are able to transcend it. But to transcend it, you also have to have it. And have it we do, whether we want to think about it, or not.

While the whole is equal to the sum of its parts, each of the parts is not equal to the whole. Nor is the whole equal to one of its parts. There is something that it's like to be the Larger Consciousness. And there is something that it's like to be the IUOC behind Uncle Fred. That these two somethings are not the same has to be acknowledged by anyone who wants to more fully understand the processes involved in the evolution of consciousness.
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Sainbury »

To want to parse the LCS to a minute degree is not useful or worth arguing about. It is enough to know the certain functions of the LCS as it relates to how reality works. I think you would find that Tom has that attitude too. He has said as much many times.
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Sainbury »

Uncle Fred does not reincarnate. He remains in the actualized past data base. The IUOC, otherwise defined by Ted as the permanent avatar, "gets" another PMR data stream. You are thinking physically. You must think digitally.
I was responding to sirchips's quote
If it were just the LCS, as part of a reincarnation methodology, you would expect Uncle Fred in the "summoning on-demand" scenario to at least mention something about how he has reincarnated, rather than continuing to foster the wrong impression.
vzam
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by vzam »

My original post suggested that the logic of MBT constrains us to much too exclusive a logic. Too digital, too 1 or 0.

When I dream, my consciousness creates all the characters in the dream: they are all aspects of me. No reason at all why Uncle Fred can't move on to pastures new and, on request, "put on his old clothes" to assist an old niece or nephew. The IUOC has the power! It's not just one measly data stream or another, it's as many as it wishes. Simultaneously.
sirchips
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sirchips »

vzam: I feel that you're totally on the right track. What appears to be happening is that when the medium or other communicator reaches out to deceased Uncle Fred, they are getting into an intuitive state which links up with the intuitive side of the IUOC behind Uncle Fred. Like most people, Uncle Fred's waking consciousness is probably not very intuitive, but there's another part of his consciousness that is very much so, and that's the part that interacts with the person sending the message. Conversely, that part of Uncle Fred's IUOC can also decide to be the initiator of a communication as well. And it shouldn't make any difference that deceased Uncle Fred's waking consciousness is experiencing a different world from ours. I suspect that one could similarly get into an intuitive state and communicate with an IUOC whose avatar is still alive in this world. Mostly such communications won't make it into the self-reflective awareness of the recipient of the communication, but in some cases it will, especially in the case of highly intuitive people.

intheclouds: This could explain your situation when in an OBE you kissed your girlfriend on the forehead, and she felt it and gave you a call to tell you about it. That was your intuitive side interacting with hers. If she was highly intuitive herself, the experience would more easily carry over into her self-reflective awareness. IUOC to IUOC interactions could also explain your frequent interactions with other entities. Those interactions would be with the intuitive side of other IUOCs, some of which might have already passed on to other worlds, and others whose avatars are still alive on earth. That would seem to make more sense than the LCS incessantly playing different characters to keep giving you a bigger picture.
Jdjr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Jdjr »

I feel that you're totally on the right track. What appears to be happening is that when the medium or other communicator reaches out to deceased Uncle Fred, they are getting into an intuitive state which links up with the intuitive side of the IUOC behind Uncle Fred. Like most people, Uncle Fred's waking consciousness is probably not very intuitive, but there's another part of his consciousness that is very much so, and that's the part that interacts with the person sending the message. Conversely, that part of Uncle Fred's IUOC can also decide to be the initiator of a communication as well. And it shouldn't make any difference that deceased Uncle Fred's waking consciousness is experiencing a different world from ours. I suspect that one could similarly get into an intuitive state and communicate with an IUOC whose avatar is still alive in this world. Mostly such communications won't make it into the self-reflective awareness of the recipient of the communication, but in some cases it will, especially in the case of highly intuitive people.

All of this can be tied together quite nicely. If you listen to Newton's between lives audio you can get to the perspective in question and reconcile it to MBT. When you are coming from the perspective of the digital avatar you are correct. So, you have the PMR digital avatar Uncle Fred in a waking consciousness. He becomes a digital NPMR FWAU (a fragment of the permanent avatar) digital avatar in a waking consciousness. You also have the NPMR permanent avatar in a waking consciousness. The IUOC is the brain of the permanent avatar and it can be a conscious sentient being, be an independent consciousness or it can merge with AUM or all of the above (a particle a wave or both). All these subsets represent one consciousness. Agreed?

Now, when Newton regressed his client to the in between lives state, he interacted with the permanent avatar. The permanent avatar represents our true selves. The medium communicates with the FWAU Uncle Fred soon after his death. Uncle Fred the FWAU does die but not right away according to other models. Once the FWAU Uncle Fred dies, in other words is stored in the actualized past data base, the IUOC or AUM (LCS) could manifest as Uncle Fred to assuage the concerns of loved ones. Permanent avatars could replay Uncle Fred also. Once we progress into the probable future, Uncle Fred is one of many previous lives recorded in the actualized past data base over the millenia. Uncle Fred is what Campbell calls a "bump being".

]intheclouds: This could explain your situation when in an OBE you kissed your girlfriend on the forehead, and she felt it and gave you a call to tell you about it. That was your intuitive side interacting with hers. If she was highly intuitive herself, the experience would more easily carry over into her self-reflective awareness. IUOC to IUOC interactions could also explain your frequent interactions with other entities. Those interactions would be with the intuitive side of other IUOCs, some of which might have already passed on to other worlds, and others whose avatars are still alive on earth. That would seem to make more sense than the LCS incessantly playing different characters to keep giving you a bigger picture.
I had a similar experience with my wife. It was not intuition. I was the FWAU jdjr. A FWAU getting a PMR experiential sense data stream.
Sainbury
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Sainbury »

When I dream, my consciousness creates all the characters in the dream: they are all aspects of me. No reason at all why Uncle Fred can't move on to pastures new and, on request, "put on his old clothes" to assist an old niece or nephew. The IUOC has the power! It's not just one measly data stream or another, it's as many as it wishes. Simultaneously.
The LCS creates the characters in your dreams not the FWAU. And the LCS creates the dream but the decisions of the dreamer may change the dream.

I have never heard or read Tom or Ted ever say that a question to Uncle Fred is answered by the IOUC, it is a query to the Actualized Past Database. This just isn't a function of the IUOC. If you've ever watched a good medium they will talk about working with a guide or angel depending upon their own beliefs. That is their interface to the LCS and that interface helps them pull data out of the Actualized Past Database that will help the person the medium is 'reading.' And that information is specific in what will help that person who is usually grieving a dead loved one.
Like most people, Uncle Fred's waking consciousness is probably not very intuitive, but there's another part of his consciousness that is very much so,
Dead Uncle Fred doesn't have a waking consciousness or an intuitive consciousness. Uncle Fred doesn't have a consciousness at all. The character that was known as Uncle Fred is data stored in the Actualized Past Database - nothing more.
you kissed your girlfriend on the forehead, and she felt it
The kiss was data inserted into the data stream of the girlfriend. And she was free to react to that data or not.
intheclouds
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by intheclouds »

i will never forget that.
Last edited by intheclouds on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-John
sirchips
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sirchips »

Sainbury wrote: The LCS creates the characters in your dreams not the FWAU. And the LCS creates the dream but the decisions of the dreamer may change the dream.
Sainbury, I said that the LCS creates some dreams, and that the IUOC creates others (probably most). I think you may need to reconsider your position that the Larger Consciousness creates all of your dreams. Your unconscious absolutely plays an important part in creating dreams. Just consider some examples. If someone has a recurring nightmare because of some traumatic life experience, the Larger Consciousness isn't going to be torturing that poor person like that. How about wet dreams? I'm pretty sure the unconscious mind doesn't need help from the Larger Consciousness to come up with those. Nightmares involving phobias are another example. The LCS' interest is that those fears be overcome, not perpetuated. The dream is totally a product of the IUOC manifesting it's fears.
Sainbury wrote: I have never heard or read Tom or Ted ever say that a question to Uncle Fred is answered by the IOUC, it is a query to the Actualized Past Database. This just isn't a function of the IUOC.
I know what their position is. It's that you query the database, but that if the communication involves something that wouldn't be in the actualized past database, the LCS steps in to play the role. But when you are dealing with memories that pertain to an IUOC's past experiences, the database of that actualized past are in fact the IUOC's stored memories. The IUOC continues to exist. The IUOC has a special relationship with those memories that no other IUOC has. The database is stored in consciousness. The IUOC is more strongly connected to that portion of consciousness where its memories are stored than any other IUOC. That connection is very much a function of the IUOC. It's not much of a stretch to suspect that the IUOC plays a role in a back and forth communication in which, in effect, its own memories are being queried.

Sainbury wrote: Dead Uncle Fred doesn't have a waking consciousness or an intuitive consciousness. Uncle Fred doesn't have a consciousness at all. The character that was known as Uncle Fred is data stored in the Actualized Past Database - nothing more.
You think I mistake the sights and sounds of Uncle Fred with the consciousness behind them. What I refer to is the IUOC, not the body.
The IUOC will always have consciousness.

Sainbury wrote: The kiss was data inserted into the data stream of the girlfriend. And she was free to react to that data or not.
Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:30 pm
I agree.
Last edited by sirchips on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Philosophy/Metaphysics”